main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Why I shall be spoiled...

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LottDodd, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm going the spoiler route this time around. I work for a movie theater chain. I get to go to different conventions and industry events so it's pretty hard to avoid the stuff that gets shown at these things.

jedinightwing likes this.
  2. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    See ya at C7Anaheim then!

3. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    Back before Revenge of the Sith came out, the legit script for the movie leaked online, complete with deleted scenes and scrapped concepts.

I read the whooooole thing. :D

Dra---, DarthRelaxus and Immortiss like this.
  4. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    Why to be spoiled?

Because you know you want to.
    It is irresistible.
    It is your destiny.

Dra--- and Darth Eddie like this.
  5. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    I don't see it as being spoiled at all. It's like watching the movie a frame at a time over a two year period - and all out of order. Then, some time in May, 2015 I'll get to go see it all put together on the big screen.

6. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Never even bought into the "spoiler" concept. I watch movies for a deeper experience than immediate plot.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Seeing the ultrasound didn't dilute the experience of holding my daughter.

8. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Why I Shall Be Spoiled...........

I CANT HELP IT!!!!

9. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    Because I freebase on SW. Please, sir, I want some more.

BigAl6ft6, Dra--- and Darth Eddie like this.
  10. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    While I find it to be a lot of fun to be completely unspoiled for things, knowing them doesn't ruin it for me at all. I used to be spoiled about everything I could, movies TV shows, etc. I don't do that now, but I do want to be part of the community here in SA, and since it doesn't ruin it for me, I figured why not be spoiled.

LunarMoth likes this.
  11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't remember anything specific movie spoiler-wise about TPM but I do remember getting tie-in books and the planet things from Pizza Hut.
    I remember one trailer from AOTC.
    For ROTS I spoiled myself a lot. Trailers, novelization, the game, the cd (or was that later?) and a couple other things and loved ROTS.
    For Episode 7 I'm watching the trailers, probably going to read the novelization, find out about the Big 3, the basic plot, some of the new characters, get the cd etc.

12. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I'm just guessing, quite frankly. This is my first Star Wars film where I've been part of the fandom (and only the second one I'll see in theaters). I'm going all-in for this one, then NSA for VIII and whichever one I liked better for IX.

13. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Because, at some point, I ceased to care.

14. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I don't begrudge anyone who wants to know beforehand but its not for me. Besides, I'll get spoiled enough as it is -- despite my best efforts -- with all the info that will leak out.

15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    One thing I probably will stay away from are clips from the actual movie.
    I watched a bunch of clips from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallowa Part 1, read the book, watched the trailers way too much and was burnt out for that movie. For Part 2 I watched the trailers and read the book once or twice but didn't watch the clips from the movie and so it didn't hit me until that day that it was the end. I enjoyed the movie a lot. Spoilers don't bother me that much. I want to know what other people think and adjust my expectations accordingly.

16. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I had a pretty major thing spoiled for me for ROTS about a year in advance, regarding Anakin choking Padme, and also Darth Vader laying waste to the medical facility. I was very disappointed that the surprise of those things happening were taken away from me, And I basically spent the entire movie the first time around, just wondering when they were going to happen. And I swore that from that point on I would remain spoiler free for any other Star Wars stuff that ever happened or any other big movies for that matter...So I will definitely be going the "no spoiler" route this time around.

I agree with others that have mentioned this before: I will eventually go for the non-spoiler forum, but since it'll probably not be until sometime next year that we actually start hearing about any major spoilers, I'm totally fine for now, finding out things like the cast and general movie premise and whether or not a certain character will be in the movie, etc.

Once we get closer to its release, like maybe about 9 months to a year before-then I will start avoiding possible spoilerific areas...

... Now I just hope I have the willpower!

DaddlerTheDalek and jaqen like this.
  17. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Belo, I might be in the same situation also. Right now the spoilers might be more casting and such. That's a fun part of it. But yeah, I might give myself an exile once the film nears release or the spoilers get too spoiler-ish. I haven't quite decided yet.

Completely OT but I like the metal-themed avatars running around this forum. You have two from Maiden and one Lemmy.

[face_skull]

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Anakin's turn in ROTS was spoiled for me by ESB. Boy, that was annoying! :p

19. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    For E2 I was spoiled by an interview Hayden did on Leno. Leno showed him an action figure and his arm fell off. Up until then I didn't know it, like the night before the opening.

D'oh!!!

20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Ha ha lol. I'll probably avoid all of those tv interviews then but still find out about those on here...............

21. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Same here. I want to hang around and get the cast, that much I will want to know; that is about as far as it will go. The small tidbits that will not spoil the plot will be floating out for a while, but nothing important; its still safe for a little while.

That looks like a very young Bruce Dickinson in your Av. Not many metal fans on a SW site...

LOL, yeah. Funny thing on this site, all of the people that said they didn't believe it when they first saw ESB, and had to wait 3 years until ROTJ came out to get confirmation. I'm like, what? I was sure it was true, and Luke's murmuring and vision of his father as he is being taken away on the Falcon at the end sealed the deal.

There was no way to avoid that being spoiled unless you saw ESB on the first showing; from the first day it came out in theaters, everyone at school was like "DARTH VADER IS LUKE'S DAD!!!"

22. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    That is Dickinson. We also have Eddie with an Eddie.

23. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    As in Eddie VH?

Edit: I get it, I forgot their mascot was Eddie.

24. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    I get your point, but what happens when (doubtfully) Harrison Ford is not cast while Hammill and Fisher are? You'd have to know that Solo won't be involved...right? Pretty big spoiler, IMO.

And also, I'm all for Metal avatars. Up the Irons, and all that. :cool: Don't forget Lunar Moth. Kiss is metal!

Lee_ likes this.
  25. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    Went into Episode I & II unspoiled and enjoyed them. Went into Episode III totally spoiled and was let down. I knew 20 minutes into the movie I was regretting it as I knew every scene before they came on screen. Only trailers for me for Episode VII!

DaddlerTheDalek and jaqen like this.