main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why in the world, did the Clonetrooper's change the look of their helmets?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by LukeGroundwalker, Jun 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeGroundwalker

LukeGroundwalker Jedi Master star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    Yah, but is there any logical reason that the clones changed there helmets between Episode II and Episode III?

2. DarthVoren

DarthVoren Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2005
    To simpolize a new era,I think.Not sure.Just what hear.

3. LukeGroundwalker

Jun 6, 2005
    If that was to symbolize a new era, then why did the clonetroopers wear them during the Clone Wars, or before the new era.

4. theN00_Jedi

theN00_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] The simple answer here is something we all seem to be ignoring, obviously the reason the helmets became rounder by EPIII was that they accidently spilled some mon calamari DNA in their cloning labs, so every 3 out of 5 clones has giant deformed bulbous heads with eye stalks coming out the side, that's why only a few specific clones actually take their helmets off[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    In my opinion, this is the only thing that can possibly explain the drastic change from roundish helmets, to fully rounded helmets[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

5. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    The RotS helmets have a heack of a lot more room in the mouth area than teh AotC helmets.

Improvements seems to be the best answer. The VD even says that they weren't built with human comfort in mind. It serves no purpose to have your troops be uncomfortable when there's something you can do to fix it.

6. LukeGroundwalker

Jun 6, 2005
    I just don't see why they did it. George should of made the clonetrooper helmets look like the stormtrooper helmets from the start.

7. WitchKing66

WitchKing66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    i agree, what is really the point of having the entire army's helmet based on its donor
    if it was up to me i would have had At-AT in AOTC and i would have eliminated the funny-looking seperatis spider drois

but alas, it was not our call.

8. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    The helmets kept changing so Lucas Film could make more money by licensing all the varients to Kenner, etc. for different action figures. Kids (and some of us nerdy adults) will want to have at least one of each. This is a no brainer, no?

9. magicfann

magicfann Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    Haha you penny-pinching scum. But it's true.

10. Grievous21

Grievous21 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2005
    GL didn't want things to be too similar. In the movies Palpatine wanted to show the start of a new era and government, wiping away all ties to the republic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.