main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why in the world!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by slobadog, Aug 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slobadog

slobadog Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    after running from the jedi for entire movie did Jango suddenly jump into a battle full of them and other assorted danger everywhere.

With a son to take care of
    and decent career going on.

Did he just suddenlly go insane or something.

2. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    He was working for Darth Tyrannus. He was a bounty hunter, he got paid to fight.

3. sepharih

sepharih Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2005
    Plus after killing Alien Jedi #296 that jumped on the balcony earlier he was probably feeling a little lucky.

4. i_dont_know

i_dont_know Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2005
    lol that's some funny s#%@

5. pink_saber_girl

pink_saber_girl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 9, 2005
    Its what he's paid to do. Plus he had a score to settle with Obi Wan if ya think about it, and he didn't know that all of those other Jedi were going to come to save Obi Wan, Padme, and Anakin.

6. Master_Yoder

Master_Yoder Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    Because he did it for the sake of the story.....o_O

7. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    Jango was employed by Dooku.
    His employer was being threatened, thus his financial backing was being threatened.

Jango is a bounty hunter, and natural fighter. I dont think it would be in his character to sit around and watch a fight.

So he jumped into the fight to protect his financial interests, his reputation, and possibly his son (from a certain POV)

It was rather silly, as we saw with his encounter with Mace.

i think Jango was a little too overconfident in his "utilities" and skills, and thought he could hold his own in the fight.
    and as we see throughout the PT, arrogance leads to ones downfall.

I really think that Jango figured he could get into the battle and take out a few Jedi, and if things got tight, just fly away with his jet pack...once the Jet pack was destroyed, jango was a sitting duck in an arena full of lightsaber wielding Jedi.

8. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Plus after killing Alien Jedi #296 that jumped on the balcony earlier he was probably feeling a little lucky.

Yeah, no kidding. If that's an example of what the Jedi put on the Council, who can blame him for getting over-confident?

9. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    Yeah, also remember the Open Seasons Comic about Jango's past... If I'm not mistaken at the final Mandalorian battle the Jedi killed his men and Jaster too. I would think it would be hard for him to resist the lure of revenge. Especially for someone who kills for a living. ;)

Besides which, as dumb as it may seem when watching it, remember it's true to character! Jango has always come across to me as very cocky and bold. *valley girl voice* So he'd be like "Bah-ring it!" and then like Mace is like "It's already been bra-rought on!" *end voice*

Then he got his head cut off. [face_plain]

Anyways, I think the REAL mystery, to me at least, is why in the world would he request for an unaltered clone of himself? Veeeeery curious. And very fun to ponder. :p

-~Dormé~-

10. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    [Futurama]Have you ever thought of getting an unaltered clone of yourself? It's a great way to have kids without having sex.[/Futurama]

I just think he isn't fully aware of the sense of awesomeness the Mandalorian armor can inspire. It made a generation of OT fans think his "son" was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'm sure he could get a hot chick and be like "Hey, I'm a Mandalorian," and nine months later little Boba is born of normal means. Maybe he just figured he'd be stuck on Kamino with the exception of assasinations, and not be able to search the galaxy for the perfect mate.

11. solo-da-man

solo-da-man Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2005
    Yeah, was Jango gay or what? Why not make a baby the old fashioned way? (That means sex)

12. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    Solo-da-Man : Erm... Yeah. I'm pretty sure he's straight. [face_plain] Assuming that there's no significant other of his on Kamino... No he didn't have a thing with Taun We. :rolleyes: The point is that he choose to be a single parent. And not only that, but instead of adoption or whatnot, he wanted a clone! As much as I try to put myself in his place... I still have problems creating his reason.

That means sex

What are you five? [face_plain] You think we're still not past the flying stork with the bindle in his beak? Goodness. :p

SephyCloneNo15

Funny quote btw... And great point about the suit. It's an amazing design, in the web doc "Bucket Head" you see Tem Morrison's face light up when he's wearing the test suit. :)

Yeah I can create reasons for why he'd want a kid, but the clone thing is what gets me hung up... :confused:

-~Dormé~-

13. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    why did Jango want a Clone??

perhaps, because jango was a loner, yet still yearned to have someone to follow in his footsteps.

To me, Jango only trusts himself.
    So, when he was being Cloned, he must have come up with an idea, that having an exact replica of himself,
    that he could train and mold in the "bounty hunting ways", would be VERY profitable.

two Fetts working together are better than one.

It could be the fact that his lifestyle (as cool as his armor is) didnt allow him to settle down with a woman and have a family. I am sure he was wanted in many systems, bounties on his own head...I doubt he could hang around any one place for to long, without being discovered.

He must have yearned for an offspring, or an apprentice of his own (not the force using type) and when he was chosen to be the host for the clones, it made sense for him to get his offspring that way, and free of cost.

he could train his son from day one, and eventually Bobba could become even more relentless than Jango.

Edit: also the idea, of having a clone of yourself, is a way of possibly making right the things that went wrong for you, or even allowing your clone to live a better life... we could get into a nature vs nurture thing here, but raising a clone of yourself, is pretty crazy if you think about it...its you.

14. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    Master_Jedi80

Yeah great points. I was thinking about the whole "better life" thing and I thought perhaps psychologically, it was a way to "live forever" you know? Preserve himself. But then that makes me wonder why he would want that... For revenge purposes? For his ego?

I've always seen Jango as a loner myself, and not someone who'd be very good at a long term relationship. I think he wants one, but can't have one... A meaningless fling? maybe, but I don't even think he's focused on that.

As much as I agree that his lifestyle wouldn't allow him to have a wife or child... He ends up with Boba! It's just so contradictory sometimes. Weirdness. [face_plain]

I think that this could all be explained through his past... There's got to be a key to this whole thing. I guess we leave it to imagination! :)

-~Dormé~-

15. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    My take on the situation:

Mace humiliated Jango by sneaking up behind him and holding a saber to his throat. What self-respecting bounty hunter would want a story like that getting out? When Mace was distracted by the reek, Jango saw an opportunity to kill Mace and restore his honor.

It wasn't the best decision Jango could have made, but it is at least an understandable one.

16. ThePTReverend

ThePTReverend Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Jedi #296: Coleman Trebor. Worst Jedi Ever!

17. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Very true. Also, don't forget that Jango already faced off with Obi-Wan and survived, so he obviously doesn't fear the Jedi. "Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi."[face_devil]

18. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    Ummm.... Yeah, he isn't insane for following orders. He was "running" from the Jedi because he didn't want to be captured and forced for information, also he is working for the trade federation/sith. Can't realy help them if he is captured.
    " Did he go insane?" [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

It's basically comon sense dude.

Good Stuff

19. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    I think he wanted a clone becaus he relised that he was getting old and wanted someone to follow him.

20. slobadog

Aug 28, 2002
    True but it was total chaos around him. The guy must have realized while he fought mace he could be attacked anywhere. Monsters, jedi, accidental droid shootings and artillary blasts.

I don't recall any source mentioning him being paid to fight. I assume he was just invited to whatch the festivities. THe novel did describe him pleased at his son's dispassionat attitude, doesn't sound like a guy who cares about honor enough to risk it all. Besides the jedi weren't going anywhere and were on the way to being defeated. And i doubt dooku or gunray or a geonosioan would spread news around the galaxy of his being ambushed.

Its seems pointless risk for a guy planning on a long term career.

21. LordRevan19

Mar 26, 2005
    "I don't recall any source mentioning him being paid to fight. I assume he was just invited to whatch the festivities."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?!?

Yeah, uhh what is Jango Fett famous for, hmmmm... let me see- ah yes:
    HE IS A BOUNTY HUNTER!!!!

"I assume he was just invited to whatch the festivities." Why would a BOUNTY HUNTER go watch that when he could go looking for BOUNTIES!!!!

What I would sugest is to watch AOTC again and realy listen to the dialog and pay attention to the story. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

22. slobadog

Aug 28, 2002
    Um..... I clearly recall dooku indirectly mentioning paying him to kill padme. not Mace.

23. LordRevan19

Mar 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] DUDE!! [face_laugh]
    You are digging yourself a bigger hole man. You should realy listen to what I said- watch the AOTC again and pay attention to the story and dialog!!
    Jango CLEARLY says to Obi-Wan on Kamino when Obi asked him about Sifo-dias "I was recruited by a man named Tyrranus." Dooku wasn't paying him to kill Padme, he was paying him for being cloned and training them and work for Dooku/Sid, so it was perfectly fine for Dooku to tell Jango to help in the fight on Geionosis.
    Again, watch AOTC again and pay attention to the story and the dialog.

Good Stuff

24. JS2

JS2 Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2005
    yeah, a mindless killing machine known to the republic as a bounty hunter. if the sith* hadn't of been so rich fett would have been a good guy.
    *count flamin' dooku

from

JS2

25. Seperatist

Seperatist Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    He was mad at Windu because he was 'taken hostage' by him.
    His ultimate goal was revenge.

-S-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.