main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why is it that....?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Resolute, Apr 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Resolute

Resolute Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2002
    Why is every person in the EU have one or all of the following traits:

Moustache
    Lightsabre-Wielder
    Absurdly Good-Looking

I haven't found a single good-guy that doesn't fill these characteristics. I hate to think that the character stereotypes that so plague the rest of the entertainment industry have reached the EU as well.

2. Face Loran

Face Loran Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 1999
    Wedge Antilles.

3. CBaoth_The_Crazy

CBaoth_The_Crazy Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Yoda, well in the original trilogy at least, when he didn't use his lightsaber...

4. Face Loran

Mar 21, 1999
    Jar Jar Binks. :p

5. CBaoth_The_Crazy

Apr 8, 2002
    Oh....and every anonymous rebel soldier ever...

6. DarkJediDurron

DarkJediDurron Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    What about Piggy from RD? Do you think that a gamorrean is good looking?

7. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Hmmm...Good answer, Face. I think Wedge is moderately attractive, and I don't think he's ever worn a mustache. Definitely isn't a lightsaber-wielder, either.

8. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    DJD beat me to the punch about Piggy. And frankly not many others seem that atractive. Then of course, Im a guy...

9. CBaoth_The_Crazy

Apr 8, 2002
    Ewoks...Though I guess you could say they have mustaches...

10. Face Loran

Mar 21, 1999
    How many heroes have mustaches, really? I can only think of Lando off the top of my head.

11. DarkJediDurron

DarkJediDurron Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    I thought that when we saw Vima-Da-Boda in DE that she was real ugly.

12. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
  13. MasterDownUnder

MasterDownUnder Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    Well maybe it's like watching the Bold and The Beautiful - the franchise won't do nearly as well if there are ugly people in it!

Okay, that was cheap! But then again, so is TBATB! :D

Anway, why limit it to those with mustaches, lightsabers and good looks? Why not add - can pilot just about anything, can fix just about anything, have an attraction toward Jaina Solo... Ooh sorry, but it seems that every second majorly minor character these days has some sort of thing for her. Okay, I get the hint...

How about - Has some sort of pre-OT connection to Han and Chewie, or for that matter Lando. or owes one of them a favour?

How about those who like to grizzle about the Jedi being power hungry and wanting to take over the galaxy, but when the Kramer hears about it, they are the first to run and hide behind them.

All except the YV are probably attractive to those that feel that way about them or their particular species, gender, etc. Even Hutts must have someone who loves them! Someone?
    I remember reading that YV females without all the extraneous scarring and self mutilation look vaguely attractive... Oh well, each to their own.

Why not open it further with a category of being in love with the OT characters, Leia, Han, Luke even some og the others. Didn't most of us, certainly those of us old enough to remember seeing Ep4 in the cinema (no age distinctions intended), certainly a lot of us fell in love with one or more of them? I certainly had a thing for Leia! There's something about a princess in a skimpy slave girl costume! ;) Eeyeah! and that white 'outfit' she wear in Ep4...

Now, the new generation of fans, and those of us still young enough to appreciate the (!) have Padme and Anakin, and a younger Obi-Wan! Personally, I'll take Padme anyday of the week! But, that's just me!

Whatderya reckon guys? There are heaps of options for this thread...

Now, we've got another psuedo generation of people to 'think' about. The EU expansion, the Solo kids and the various add ins we've accumulated over the last 25 years or so, surely theres something else to time them all together?

If it doesn't make sense, don't blame me, I'm just a SW fan who can't get enough of his favourite movie enterprise, how am I supposed to know the length of an SSD... Okay, enough already!

I'm going... See Ya'!

14. the_id

the_id Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2001
    Durga the Hutt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.