Why Is It Wrong For Watto To Have Slaves, Yet You Turn A Blind Eye To Qui Gon's Enslavement Of JJB

Discussion in 'The Phantom Menace' started by Rabid_Balding_Ewok, Feb 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTorgo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    ****Sighhhhhhhh*****
    Why, because they have an opinion which happens to differ from your own?
  2. DarthBane93 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    *******sighhhhhhhhh*******

No, because this is a redundant thread which has been discussed till we are all blue in the face.

Many threads like this already exist, so you should be posting in those threads instead of creating new ones. By doing so = trolling.

Nuff said.
  3. DarthTorgo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Actually, isn't trolling closer to: "TPM SUCKS AND SO DOES ANYONE WHO LIKES IT!"? Isn't trolling more like blatant attacks on an indivuial's (one who posts on the board) person?

Trolling isn't posting in more than one threads about the same subject.
  4. Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan

star 4
    >>>If mods or admins see this, please lock the thread since there are already hundreds of threads like this.

In the future, take the time to at least bring up an old Qui-Gon basher, Qui-Gon enslaver, Qui-Gon cheater thread.<<<

[image=http://www.tashcom.com/forums/graphics/emoticons/rolleyes.gif]
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] ! Look at the post date of the first post in this thread.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!
  5. DarthBane93 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    These kind of threads have been around since '99.
  6. Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Umm, DarthBane93 unless you can find another thread on this board that addresses Qui Gon's obvious enslavement of Jar Jar it might be best to leave finding redundant threads to us regulars, m'kay. Were profesionals and we know what were doing. :p Just to keep you up to speed on board happenings click me. Try to find a thread from 99/00 or even early 01 bet you can't. ;) Now I've spent enough time on you it's time to get this thread back on track.

>>>That still doesn't change the fact that Jar-Jar is self-centered, and dumber then a rock. And no, if I were Qui-Gon, I would not take care of him. True, I would save him from the battle droids and the MTT, I would not leave Jar-Jar to die, but as soon as he started flinging that life-debt crap on me, I would ignore him, and if he insisted, I would tell him that its too dangerous and he is safer here, he would be of no use in a war zone and be of more harm than help. If he still insisted, I would give him my food in those little capsules in exchange for him leaving me alone. He would probably then cut that out. I would not risk him getting imprisoned the way the Qui-Gon in the movie did.<<<

Torgo you would have made a perfect Jedi knight. It's all about selflessly helping others not helping them so that they can serve you later. To this Qui Gon was guilty. With his long hippy hair he should have been into peace and love not alien bondage. ;)

-----signature-----

7. AgentCoop Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm warning you Ewok: Never EVER mention Qui-Gon, Jar-Jar and bondage in the same breath again.

Jeez, now I gotta go wash THAT image out of my brain.

:cool:
  8. OrlandoT Jedi Padawan

star 4
    >>>Torgo you would have made a perfect Jedi knight. It's all about selflessly helping others not helping them so that they can serve you later. To this Qui Gon was guilty. With his long hippy hair he should have been into peace and love not alien bondage.<<<<

See boys and girls, this is what happens when people only watch the Phantom Edit. They miss alot and then comment that the movie wasn't clear or somehow imagined stuff in it that wasn't there. When in TPM did Qui insist that Jar-Jar serve him? Jar-Jar made the offer, but Qui-Gon refused.
  9. Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan

star 4
    "Your gods demand that his life belongs to me." or something to that effect. :D

-----signature-----

10. OrlandoT Jedi Padawan

star 4
    >>>"Your gods demand that his life belongs to me." or something to that effect.<<<

Oh, you mean when he used that to help convince Boss Nass to let Jar-Jar go instead of being punished? Or Poonished. Again, the only time he used that was not for his benefit but to save Jar-Jar. He never asked Jar-Jar to serve him. Good try though.
  11. Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan

star 4
    If Qui Gon comes back as a ghost in Episode III will he transfer ownership of Jar Jar over to anakin?

-----signature-----

12. TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Master

star 5
    Why Is It Wrong For Watto To Have Slaves, Yet You Turn A Blind Eye To Qui Gon's Enslavement Of JJB

Eh? Where did this come from? Certainly not TPM i watched.
  13. Lagniappe Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yep, threads like these certainly do prove who has a sense of humor and who does not...

And generally the ones who think they are being funny ...

...aren't.
  14. DarthTader Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I agree with Lagniappe, realy Rabid, who cares if Jar Jar was a slave or not...I don't.

15. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Han was only a peddler in flesh according to the EU. Unless you can find any lines in the OT that states that Chewie was serving a life debt to him.

Shall we bring Bib Fortuna in here and start a debate? ;)
  16. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Oh,and this thread is hilarious. Lack of a sense of humor is more abundant around these boards than I thought!
  17. -_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Jar Jar wasn't a slave, Qui-Gon saved Jar Jar's life and then temporarily envoked this order in their law to Boss Nass so Jar Jar wouldn't be put to death.
  18. Oakessteve Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Unlocked and upped to save this from pruning.
  19. Mateo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    If you read both Novelization and the Screenplay you'll see that after Boss Nass says hissen to be punished he also says"Pounded unto death" clearly he was going to kill JJB as was the custom for returning Qui-Gon Jinn invoked the Life Debt to save his life because it was the only thing that would have stopped Jar Jar's execution, he never intended to force JJB to be his servant and we dont ever see JJB following Qui-Gon around inside of the Jedi Temple which proves that he was free to move around as he wished,qui-gon couldnt leave him behind to die and he didnt leave jar jar on Naboo to get killed by the TF when they left.

And while were on the topic if JJB was his slave then Obi-Wan Kenobi could have claimed his life debt after Qui-Gon's death because technically speaking what was qui-gon's was also obi-wan's,so if JJB was Qui-Gon's slave obi-wan could order him around as well and JJB would be required to continue his life debt until Obi-Wan's death.
  20. Lagniappe Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Why save this one? There was a much more in depth and IMO interesting one on about the same topic around the same time...by True Jedi was it?

But I'm biased as I posted in *that* one. :)
  21. slavegirl Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Oh come on, this thread is hilarious! :D It's meant as a joke, but what's more funny are the people who took it seriously. [face_laugh]
  22. Obi-Con_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

star 1
    When you read the novelization of TPM, it clearly says that Qui-Gon tried to get rid of Jar Jar, but it was a Gungan custom to owe him the life debt.

Knowing this, i am more inclined to think that Qui-Gon was simply respecting Jar Jar's customs. Plus, Jar Jar would have been killed if he left him in Otoh Gunga
  23. Mateo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Qui-Gon did the right thing by helping Jar Jar,beides without his help JJB would never have eventually left Naboo and become a Gungan Represenative in the Senate, in a way running into Master Jinn was the best thing that ever happened to JJB because he would have lived a pathetic useless life on Naboo if he hadnt met him.
  24. Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Master

star 5
    Knowing this, i am more inclined to think that Qui-Gon was simply respecting Jar Jar's customs. Plus, Jar Jar would have been killed if he left him in Otoh Gunga

If he were truly respecting their customs he would have allowed the Gungans to execute Jar Jar, instead of interfering with their laws. He comes barging in like he owns the place, orders their leader around by waving his hand, uses his magic to steal a transport, then claims Jar Jar as his property. He prevented justice from being served.

In the end, a quick death by beating would have been the best thing for the poor hapless Gungan. What awaited him after their departure from Otah Gunga? Fear and humiliation, this as opposed to the peaceful tranquility that would have been his fate otherwise. One free from social fears and abuse from his master.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.