Why is Mace So Underated?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by effortless_skill, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. effortless_skill Force Ghost

star 4
    I Think Mace Windu Does not get the credit He dersevres As One of the Greatest Jedi to Live.He IMO is the Most skill full jedi Of them.For those That read Shatterpoint know The Type of jedi he is.The Cartoon Has Shown why Mace was on Par with Yoda.

I loved the part when he was Just falling through the Sky,Ala Anakin Aotc.He just looked fearless.

He takes Out Super Droids With His Martial Arts Skills.And weilds a Saber Said to be the Best ever.

He Would Have Clearly Crushed GG.I think Mace Would Have Ended that Fight very Quickly.GG Felt power that he never Felt Before.

Him and Yoda Blew Away The Most Droids We ever seen.
  2. Blackout Force Ghost

star 4
    I think Mace Would Have Ended that Fight very Quickly.

And yet he didn't. ;) To paraphrase Steve Sansweet; your favourite football team might have all the best players, but they don't win every match.

Past form is no guarantee of future sucess.

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  3. jedimastermatthew Jedi Youngling

i think mace windu is a fantasic jedi, he is a weapon's master judgeing by his action's i think that he could of defeated gg with ease, he is the equal to obi, anikan and even sidious i believe
  4. redsabreanakin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Windu: great in the prequels and in clone wars; and your right he gets a lot of crap he doesn't deserve.

however in clone wars vol.2 riding around on top of his speeder? awful.. worst part of all 25 episodes.
  5. vong333 Force Ghost

star 4
    Blackout, You are right indeed!
  6. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I personally like Mace and think he's one of the greatest Jedi in the prequels powerwise.
  7. KyleKatarn96 Jedi Master

star 4
    in LOE he does fight him..and injures him as well...but from what i take of it..it was a lucky blow
  8. sith_rising Force Ghost

star 4
    I respect Mace as a powerful Jedi, but I think he represents Anakin's obstacle. Qui-Gon has the vision to see Anakin's potential, Yoda and Obi-Wan are hesitant but give him the benefit of the doubt. Mace accepts that Anakin may be The Chosen One, but he does not seem very interested in his training. That kind of half-assed attitude will ultimately cost him, alot!
  9. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

star 8
    I agree Mace is severely criticized for no good reason. I like him a lot.

Blackout, I think effortless was referring to the CW shorts. In that case, yeah, Mace pretty much did look like he floored Grievous, and would've finished him had they actually got a chance to fight.

sith-rising, I don't think Mace is disinterested in training. I think he's just more cautious about it, as in, he's not sure the way their doing it is right. A bad analogy (but still functional, I think) would be the Democratic Party's position (USA) on the war in Iraq. It's not that they were disinterested in national security, they just weren't sure that was the best way to go about it.
  10. effortless_skill Force Ghost

star 4
    From The OS.

Though a member of the High Council since the age of 28, this did not dull Windu's fighting edge or his willingness to venture forth on dangerous missions. His exploits are legendary, and he was an inspiration to his fellow Jedi, leading through rigorous example and steady discipline.

ths OS states he is never lacking experince,Mace Has been in the field his whole life.

I remeber a Claim that Mace was the Youngest Being ever voted to the council.Finally the OS may help prove this claim.

A padawan usally becomes a Knight around 25.Mace not only achived Rank of master in basically three more yrs, he attained a chair on the council by 28.

Obiwan became a Jedi knight at 25.He didnt become a master till he was about 35-36.

Thats shows you Mace's acceleration as Opposed to the Orders other Notable Jedi.He was around Yoda for so many yrs, he is a direct extension of him. He is more Gifted then Many Believe.

11. Boola Cronk Jedi Knight

star 2
    I agree, he is definitely one of my favorites. Hopefully we will get a true taste of his skills in EP3. If he's anything like he was in CW, he will be my favorite Jedi.
  12. LandoSystem1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Mace is definitly of the best Jedi of the order, but he does come off as pretty arrogant. Yoda's line in AOTC, i think he shoots a look at Mace. In Shatterpoint, he really read as a cocky, almost arrogant kind of person.

However, that's Sam Jackson for you.
  13. EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost

star 5
    Mace is the preminent Jedi Master of the PT...Yoda may be the wiser of the two, but I wouldnt put it past Mace to beat him in combat every so often
  14. CrazySaber Jedi Master

star 4
    Mace is the champion of combat. Yoda is the champion of the force overall.
  15. calidevilguy Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just look at how Anakin compared the two - "he (Obi-wan) is as powerful as Master Windu and as wise as Master Yoda".

That line right there shows us the difference between the two and how each is at the top of hte Jedi order. One is more raw power and ability, the other is more wisdom and knowledge.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.