Why is Mace the only Jedi with a purple saber...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by brook_33, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Digital Jedi Master

star 4
    I like to think that that saber colors are like belt colors in martial arts.

Blue is for affirmed Jedi knights.
    Green are for Masters.
    Purple is for Grand Sword Masters.

In keeping with that, I'd figure Obi-Wan never graduated to Green cause of sentimental feelings and perhaps a sense of personal failure, believing that he wasn't worthy to sport a green blase.

Since Yoda is apparently a better swordsman then Windu I'd think that Yoda's ego wasn't at stake and simply wanted to stay with traditional green.
  2. phoenix-jedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    As much as that would make the most sense it has been disproven many times any way you look at it
  3. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    On the same topic but not entirely related, I noticed that the Zabrak Jedi Master has a red lightsaber.
  4. phoenix-jedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was actually trying to figure this out. I know for a fact that either Eeth Koth or Agen Kolar had a crimson/red lightsaber at some point in the comics or something (both are Zabrak and I believe who you are speaking of) just wondering where you are getting your info from. I'd like to find the comic it was in. It has been driving me nuts I can't find the comic or the source I saw it in.
  5. neojedi18 Force Ghost

Yessss, told you so! Eeth/Agen did indeed have a crimson saber in tonights episode : ). *swoons*
  6. Abstractharmony Jedi Padawan

I remember an interview with either Lucas or SLJ where it was said that saber is purple so that as the main commander on a field full of Jedi's weilding blue and green sabers that it would be easier to follow him and his orders mid battle.

Which you must admit make perfect sense
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.