main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why is Old Republic EU being thrown out

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darth Cyn, May 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Cyn

Darth Cyn Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 8, 2014
    Okay, I get why disney would get rid of post-ROTJ eu, because it may contradict the Sequel Trilogy, but why throw out everything that takes place before that? I mean, really, how could the Old Republic novels, or great books like Labyrinth of Evil possibly contradict the ST? They don't even contradict the Clone Wars series. Heck, even some post-ROTJ novels wouldn't contradict it, like Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor. So why get rid of such great stories for, basically, no reason? I mean, is there a reason? Will the pre-ROTJ novels somehow, magically contradict the ST, a trilogy that takes place 30 YEARS AFTER RETURN OF THE JEDI!? HOW CAN THEY?!?!

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I suspect it's because they want to leave the Mouse's Imprint on everything. They want the fans to think they have control on what SW is. I don't know why so many here are dismissive of Post-RotJ fans or content. I was. It has some good stuff. The Mouse saying 'blah, blah blah isn't valid' really doesn't have to mean it isn't. It's all labels. Me, I'll like what I choose. I don't care about cannon.

Exomnius likes this.
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    We already have an ongoing discussion regarding the state of Disney/The EU/Legends. Locking now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.