main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why is the Clone Wars Cartoon about 5 minutes long?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Someguy107, Nov 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I would agree. I love the shows. Its going to be really cool when it comes on DVD.

2. KÃ¥l

KÃ¥l Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2000
    What I don't like about Clone Wars is that I have to watch loads of cheesy toy commercials and parts of crappy cartoons to catch 3 minutes of Star Wars. Each episode is just a bunch of very cool fighting, but I can't understand why they didn't do a special or longer episodes. The first episode was the best as it had all the major characters and hinted that there would be some development with them, but this hasn't happened.

3. NatNut1

NatNut1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2003
    "What I don't like about Clone Wars is that I have to watch loads of cheesy toy commercials and parts of crappy cartoons to catch 3 minutes of Star Wars. Each episode is just a bunch of very cool fighting, but I can't understand why they didn't do a special or longer episodes. The first episode was the best as it had all the major characters and hinted that there would be some development with them, but this hasn't happened."

IT'S A CARTOON!! Didn't you kind of see the "cheesy" toys and commercials coming? And it starts at 8PM and last I checked, that was BEFORE any "crappy" cartoon. As for character developement(or lack there of), you do know there are 10 left right? ;)

4. WrathMania

WrathMania Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2003
    Ill sat it once, Ill say it again.

Star Wars fans are among the most whining type of fans in the geekiverse.

I like the series alot. Its all visuals, which has always been a favorite method for GL to tell a story (probably why he likes the guys making this thing so much).

5. KÃ¥l

KÃ¥l Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2000
    My previous statement was partly tongue-in-cheek, but I stand by my opinion that the episodes should have been longer.

I am in the UK and Clone Wars is on a very obscure channel called Toonami which doesn't even have published listings. As an adult it is a (very slight!) annoyance to have to catch the same stupid ads and cartoons (ahem, Dragonball) while waiting for Clone Wars to come on, because, like if you are late, you've missed the whole episode (although it's on again an hour later, so you have to sit through the same nonsense to see it again, but then they do have Justice League on and that's great, but Teen Titans sucks, and I am rambling now....)

6. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Kal, Cartoon Network has stupid shows on too. And most of the cartoons on Toonami aren't too bad (with the exception of the Dragonball series', and Ultimate Muscle).

At least we get repeats of CW, Americans dont. We can catch it at 7am, 8am, 4pm, 5pm, 6pm and 7pm, whereas the Americans get it at 8pm and thats it. It's very unlikely that you would miss every showing.

We actually don't have it that bad ;)

7. Jedi_Lord_Windu

Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    i love them, are they making anymore?

8. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Well, there will be more in March ;)

Also, in the recent HS webchat, Tartakovsky said there's a good chance more episodes will be made :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.