main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why is the spider droid so hard to find?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Thena, Nov 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    The Hailfire Droid is excellent, PhantomMenace...well worth the $20.

Since the much smaller Spider Droid is $10, I'd say if it has to be one or the other definitely go with the Hailfire Droid.

Odds are it will be easier to find too, since the CW Multipack/Deluxe waves disappear so fast at most stores...while the CW vehicles have generally been fairly well stocked.

2. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    Thanks darc, Sithman, Tina. I've only seen the hailfire once at Target, when they got two in. They sold within a couple of days (this was about two months ago) and they haven't gotten any in since. I haven't seen them at K*Bs or TRU, since I don't have one in my town. I'll be going out of town this weekend to San Antonio, so maybe I'll have some luck there. :)

3. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    In my experience TRUs seem to have quite a bit of CW vehicles on the shelves since they stocked for X-Mas...they're probably your best shot if you missed a Target wave.

Unless it's a really bad/slow TRU, which I've seen more than my fair share of.

4. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Heh heh, well as it turns out I bought my hailfire droid today :D although I haven't had a chance to even open it I have to say it looks pretty cool...

5. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I braved the dangers of TrU this weekend and finally came away with my Spider Droid. :D

6. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    I have found the spider droid twice at a toy fare but I have not got it.

7. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    Okay, guys and gals. I'm back from my trip, and with me came a Hailfire Droid. :D I got it a Target. I also saw it at the biggest Toys 'R Us in Texas, but it was a couple of dollars more so I went back and got it at Target. It is SO awesome! :) Sometimes the missles tend to fire themselves, but other than that it is just so freagin' cool....and huge, too! :)

8. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    After reading all the reports here of people seeing Spider Droids at their local TRU stores I decided to check mine yesterday, and to my great surprise I saw not one, but two of them! :eek:

A big thumbs up to Hasbro for re-releasing this one, it's really a terrific figure! :D

9. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    If anyone here is still looking for one Amazon.com has the Spider Droid in stock for $10.99!

10. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    I recieved mine in the mail from eBay yesterday. Only paid $5.99 for it. I love it! :D

11. southbeach

southbeach Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    I just found a whole batch of them this weekend at TRU. As is they were just stockpiled in the back somewhere.

12. WedgeAntilles1

WedgeAntilles1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2002
    Well, I was going to get the Spider Droid off of Amazon until I found out it was $16.00 with shipping and Tax! :mad:

13. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    I got one today at TRU. I think it was the only one they had,becuase it was just laying around,and not on the pegs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.