main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Stranger Things thread (Tag All Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community' started by vin, Jul 18, 2016.

1. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    The music for this show, especially the main theme, is actually a callback to some of the 80s shows that had scores relying heavily on synths. This particular score reminded me at times of some of John Carpenter's scores.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Did you like the fonts they used for the main title and end credits! They look very eighties, I think!!! The only thing that could make the show better is if that the very end they had an old bearded guy typing on a typewriter and then pulling a piece Of Paper out of the typewriter and throwing it in the air, don't you think??? I have heard that happened at the end of every Eighties TV Show, but have not seen it?

Jedi Merkurian and Rylo Ken like this.
  3. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Not every tv show in the 80s but just Stephen J. Cannell's creations, which in the 70s and 80s were quite extensive.

Here you go and bask in the glory of 80s nostalgia:

4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    [face_plain]

ShaneP and Rylo Ken like this.
  5. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    :oops:
    Note to self: please read posts preceding the immediate one responding to to ensure your response isn't an earnest response to sarcasm.

Diggy likes this.
  6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I do hold you to a higher standard, Shane [:D]

7. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

Hopefully it is sometimes earned. [face_peace] But yes, I missed that one.

Your response to mine above now makes me laugh. You must've been like "Uhh, what?". Hahaha.

Diggy likes this.
  8. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Just finished today I loved It, glad to hear it got picked up for several seasons! I t Is my new favorite show! does anyone have a link to it being renewed?,
    [One thing I noticed Is Eggs in the Upside Down, And That thing that came out of the Kids Mouth in the last scene Is that going to Create other creatures as well? and I can't believe Nancy hooked up with Steve in the end, Steve Is such a creep.]

9. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    No

10. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    how do you know it wont?

11. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    You asked if anyone had a link to it being renewed. I don't.

12. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

I thought you meant that the thing that came out of the kids mouth was not going to create more creatures.

13. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    No, it was in response to your question about links.

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  14. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Kind of a Dean Koontz feel as well! I don't read Dean Koontz but from what I told my dad of the show he says it sounds like Dean Koontz, my dad reads Dean Koontz!

15. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I thought Steve was cute. He had such amazing hair volume. He was a true hero, unlike the perv Jonathan.

16. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

Steve was a Creep Jonathan was the one to root root for, was Jonathan perfect, no but I think deep down his character was portrayed as a good guy I believe Steve Is taking Advantage of Nancy and I believe Steve wrote that nasty stuff about Nancy on the movie theater Marquee, he is a creep.

17. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    Team Steve

anakinfansince1983 and vin like this.
  18. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I just finished today, and I think that the true solution to the Nancy, Jonathan, and Steve love triangle is polyamory. I mean, it's pretty clear from that final moment that both Nancy and Jonathan bought their mutual boyfriend a camera for Christmas. But also Team Steve because of the hair. That hair.

I could go back and calculate this and there's probably an article online somewhere that says, but how many days did the entire season span? It can't have been more than a week, right? Also why did no one care about Barb's disappearance? Why weren't the Hawkins PD investigating Barb as heavily as they were investigating Will? Why didn't anyone notice that the two missing kids were both best friends of Wheeler family siblings? Why wasn't Hopper up there at the Wheeler house looking all suspicious and asking questions?

Jedi Merkurian and Rogue_Ten like this.
  19. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

I realize Steve was the Cooler more Popular Guy but he was a creep. Jonathan was a decent guy who got picked on, kind of Like most nerds and outsiders, like ourselves! I am a nerd and a little bit misunderstood I relate way more to Jonathan, also I love Rock And Roll, Grunge Rock my favorite Band Is Pearl Jam so that side of Jonathan was something I could relate to, I think his Picture Taking of Nancy was just because he had a crush on and like a lot of nerdy guys he had a crush on a girl that was way out of his league, again I can relate. he was also going through a tough time losing his brother and thinking he was dead. His intention that night was not to spy on Nancy but to look for his brother, Search for him and it so happened that he came upon Steves House...

20. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

yeah, couldnt have been that long cuz will was in a "toxic" environment with no food or water (as far as i can tell) for the whole time
    operative word "was". all teenagers are dicks. he's shown an ability to grow and change. jonathan has yet to

Jedi Merkurian and ShaneP like this.
  21. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    Boba Nekhbet can i put you down for team steve?

Team Steve
    Rogue_Ten

Boba Nekhbet likes this.
  22. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    Rogue_Ten Absolutely Team Steve.

Also, when Nancy found out that her brother & his friends were looking for the gate, why didn't she or Jonathan say "Oh hey we found a random gate in a tree in the woods, you could use that one instead of breaking into a federal facility?"

23. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Team Steve!

Jonathan was the real creep, taking pictures of Nancy undressing.

Darth Guy and Boba Nekhbet like this.
  24. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    TEAM STEVE (ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS NOW)
    Boba Nekhbet
    Point Given
    Rogue_Ten

25. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    I don't want to put words into Rogue_Ten 's mouth, but we also have to consider the fact that Steve was very affluent, he had a pool and rich, powerful, globe-trotting parents, while Jonathan was pretty poor and had to work extra shifts to cover household necessities. So, that does help us understand why Mike would be Team Steve.