main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why is this villian so popular?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jedimaster89, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005

I don't. The original poster mentioned something about Anakin. So I thought he/she was starting a conversation about that.

2. i_dont_know

i_dont_know Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2005
    That is why I said a "hint" of backstory. I agree there should have been more. There is no point mentioning Dooku, because Dooku didn't really give any backstory either, except the vague Sifo-Dyas tale.

you think I don't know that? Why do you assume, just because I make a positive comment about Maul, that I therfore must hate Dooku?
    I actually like the character Dooku more than Maul, so stop bringing him up. I just like the Maul duel more than either of Dooku's duels. WHO CARES
    Like I said, the Sith are all different, that is what makes the movies interesting. Was Anakin cultured? No. But we still love Vader.

3. Nemasdia

Nemasdia Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2005
    i must say anikin_luver, that that was very well put, but i do dis agree with you on the anakin has the best duel in the saga.

The duel between maul and obi wan was simply amazing: one. because it was the only duel were the lightsabers didnt flash every time they collided, wich we all know was most anoying in the other fights.Two:the fight was continous, they didnt stop to talk.Three:it was the only duel where the camera backed up to show the entire fight, instead of gettimg these cheezy angles that changed every 2 second.Four:the song duel of fates was playing in the backround and almost everyone love it.

P.S. for thoose of you who dont know, the man that played darth maul wasnt an actor he was an actually fighter that knew how to use all the weapons, wich is one reason why darth maul didnt talk alot, and why there werent many clos-ups

4. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    P.S. for thoose of you who dont know, the man that played darth maul wasnt an actor he was an actually fighter that knew how to use all the weapons, wich is one reason why darth maul didnt talk alot, and why there werent many clos-ups

I dare you to go up and say that to Ray Park, he IS an actor and has starred in a few other action flicks. Granted he is a martial arts expert but he is also an actor :rolleyes:

The reason he doesn't talk much is that is his character....mysterious just like Boba in the OT

5. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Looking back on TPM now and comparing it to the fights in ROTS, I think Anakin definitely is involved in better fights. The one in TPM, which is still awesome, looks more choreographed than the ones in TPM; it's almost to the point where they look like a dance.

Anakin is more furious than anyone with a saber against Dooku in ROTS. He's pretty crazy against Obi-Wan too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.