main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

why is young anakin in clone wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthRodriqueeze, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthRodriqueeze

DarthRodriqueeze Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2005
    how come in commercial 2 of clone wars (thanks to yoda jeff) young anakin and qui gon are in it, whats the deal?

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    It's probably just a flashback.

3. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    What I'm wondering is, why do they have older Anakin with the short hair in the scene where he reaches at the Padme hologram that R2's displaying. Is there a passage of time shown after this, where it'll cut to Anakin with longer hair and the scar?

4. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    "What I'm wondering is, why do they have older Anakin with the short hair in the scene where he reaches at the Padme hologram that R2's displaying. Is there a passage of time shown after this, where it'll cut to Anakin with longer hair and the scar?"

Yep. The first episode features the daring rescue of Ki-Adi, Shaak Ti and others from Grievous. It also features Anakin becoming a Jedi Knight, with Yoda cutting off his padawan braid with his lightsaber. I'm sure it'll have some other stuff, too...but these events are the bulk of the episode, I think. My guess is that episodes two through five will skip ahead in time, and feature the characters with their Episode III looks.

5. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Oh, ok, cool. Thanks, Leonard.

6. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    yeah what's the deal with the Qui-Gon and young Anakin part. It's hard to believe that they could have made a canon mistake thiat big. Is it a dream or something?

7. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Well maybe it's somehow related to the "Anakin! No!" from Attack of the Clones!

</GROAN>

8. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    How is (what appears to be nothing more than) a flashback somehow a "canon mistake"?

9. You-Want-This

You-Want-This Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2004
    Don't want to spoil too much, but it's not a flashback. More complicated than that, but it's not a plot or continuity problem. ;)

10. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    How is (what appears to be nothing more than) a flashback somehow a "canon mistake"?

Because if it's a flashback that would mean it is flashing back to something that already happened. And there was definitley no point in the past where Anakin and Qui-Gon were together on some jungle planet or whatever it is in one of the previous tv spots. Qui-Gon kind of died like a week after he met Anakin and we saw what hapened that entire time during TPM.

11. jengafett

jengafett Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    It's Anakin or Yoda's mind.

If it's Anakin. He's thinking about passing the trials and becoming a knight, and Qui-Gon was the only one who understood him, Anakin needs Qui-Gon's help. He's thinking what Qui-Gon would say to him. It's on his mind which is why he says later on. 'You're no Qui-Gon Jinn!!!'

If it's Yoda. Qui-Gon is speaking to him like in Ep II, telling him that Anakin is ready for the trials.

12. You-Want-This

You-Want-This Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2004
    Hmmm. Where have I seen a swamp planet in Star Wars before? [face_thinking]

13. FigmentJedi

FigmentJedi Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2004
    That and that whole thing is blatantly taking from the cave scene in ESB like almost word for word. But I think though that it would be happening in Anakin or Yoda's mind considering it seems more like a Dagobah swamp and not a Naboo one (or is it?)

14. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I think it's clearly a vision of what Anakin's training might have been like under Qui-Gon. Only question is whose vision it was. My guess is it was Yoda's.

15. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Is there a passage of time shown after this, where it'll cut to Anakin with longer hair and the scar?

Yes. It's in Chapter 22 in the first minute or two

16. ClonedEmperor

ClonedEmperor Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    I figure its Yoda's vision. It shows us Qui Gon, who was Anakins menture, which is eventually what Yoda will have to be to Luke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.