main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why isn't Nirvana Unplugged on DVD?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Twelve_Motion, Dec 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twelve_Motion

Twelve_Motion Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    Hey friends, I was wondering if anybody had any information on why they haven't released this great album on DVD. It has to be one of the best, if not, the best MTV Unplugged concert.

Any speculation as to why this isn't released on DVD? And does anyone remember the perfomance and how it stood out (and compared to others) among the unplugged series?

Editing this thread a little to keep it suited for the Amphitheatre :)

2. Twelve_Motion

Feb 12, 2002
  3. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    As to why the DVD isn't released, I have no clue. Perhaps there's a legal issue with releasing it like there was with the releasing that one track a while back?

As for standing out to other unplugged performances... I must say that it wasn't a bad unplugged. I enjoyed it a lot, but I wasn't nearly as impressed with it as I've been with some performances such as Alice in Chain's unplugged session and the more recent Staind unplugged performance. I'm not much of a Nirvana fan, but I must say that the performance they gave for unplugged wasn't bad at all. Still, in my eyes, I've seen and heard better on the series. :)

4. Darthfunkasourous

Darthfunkasourous Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2002
    Nirvana unplugged was the only unplugged to go off without a hitch

5. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    What do you mean? :confused:

6. sydonius

sydonius Jedi Master star 1

Oct 16, 2002
    I must say that i have wondered this as well. I really want to own that dvd!!
    RidingMyCaroselOnYou, I love the Alice dvd as well! It is my absolute favorite of all time.
    Now if they could just get chris cornell or soundgarden to do one. I dont know why they never did. Also the STP unplugged was never released......
    I wonder why.

7. Twelve_Motion

Feb 12, 2002
    I own the one by Alice in Chains. If fact they're one of my favorite bands, but the Unplugged Concert, I was fairly dissapointed with. There was one song, I forget which one, but it was dredful. It had no rythum or anything. BUT I think it was like a new song or something, so I wont hold it against the band. :)

8. sydonius

sydonius Jedi Master star 1

Oct 16, 2002
    yeah, they used to be my very favorite........
    but, now I'm more into people who are still alive and making new material. Too bad for AIC. They are classic IMO. I think many bands today are shoddy, derivitive, immitations of them?not to name any names. i dont want to cast myself into the fire!

9. Darthfunkasourous

Darthfunkasourous Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2002
    They didnt stop.Unplugged is basiclly a recording session,and they just played stright thru once.Unlike neil young who did take after take of each song.Like when kurt says,if iscrew this up you'll just have to wait

10. Waning Drill

Waning Drill Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 30, 1999
    It'll probably be released with the box set(s) sometime next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.