main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Why isn't the EU going out with a Bang?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 9, 2013.

1. THE EVIL CLIFFIE

THE EVIL CLIFFIE Jedi Master star 2

Jul 11, 2008

I guess I could see them disregarding TFU, but TCW? Getting rid of the last guy's last big (moneymaking) series just because the last guy did it makes no sense whatsoever. TCW is here to stay, I think (and I really don't see how a Sequel Trilogy set ~40 years post-ROTJ - as it would have to be given the ages of FOrd, Hamill and Fisher - could retcon TCW away). I'd imagine TOR and all the stuff pre-PT is staying as well (TOR because it is still making LucasArts, and thus Disney, money, plus it would alienate EA and alienating the people who've given you a strong inroad to the largest sector of the entertainment market would be really really stupid).

As for stuff set during the OT, i guess some of it might be gotten rid of, but things that happen between the movies can't really be retconned unless they do so specifically in the movies - retconning SOTE would require an ST movie to specifically show the buildup to Leia rescuing Han, and that just doesn't seem likely.

2. THE EVIL CLIFFIE

Jul 11, 2008
    I really need to start reading Legacy.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  3. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    Actually I said that they would include the events of TCW and TFU into this new post-RotJ canon, they wouldn't retcon them away. For all we know, Ahsoka might even make a cameo in a new movie since any Star Wars newbies and kids that watched TCW would be wondering where she was at. :)

4. THE EVIL CLIFFIE

Jul 11, 2008
    Isn't she dead? Even if she survived O66 and the Dark Times (unlikely, with Vader hunting her) she'd be long dead by the time of the ST.

5. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012

Well she was born in 36 BBY so assuming a ST date of 40 ABY she'd be almost 80.

Regardless, I highly doubt she'd be in the Sequel Trilogy. She could pop up in a spin off though.

6. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Where she is? Probably six feet under.
    [​IMG]

Vader: If only you knew the power of the Dark Side. Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your Master.
    Tano: He told me enough! He told me you killed him!
    Vader: No, I am your Master.
    Tano: [shocked] No. No! That's not true! That's impossible!

Gorefiend likes this.
  7. LightsaberAccident

LightsaberAccident Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 26, 2013
    What is wrong with her eyes??! And why is she posed all awkward like that? It looks like Vader mind-tricked her into stabbing herself in the flank with her own lightsaber.

8. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I like that the Jedi temple is still burning after what I can only assume is years after the initial attack on it, given the stormtrooper armor.

WMIRTUTSF likes this.
  9. LightsaberAccident

LightsaberAccident Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 26, 2013
    Good point, I totally missed that.

Order 67: Never put any fires out in the capitol. EVER.
    Order 68: See order 67.
    Order 69: Stab self in side with lightsaber.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. Solent

Solent Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2001
    She usually fights with a reverse grip.

11. HWK-290

HWK-290 Jedi Padawan star 2

Jul 29, 2013
    What's with Anakin and all of his apprentices using reverse grips?

12. Solent

Aug 4, 2001
    I guess this is a Force Unleashed reference?

No idea. With Ashoka it could be she learned that way and she´s too old to switch to Anakin´s, but with the other guy, if Vader himself taught him (haven´t played the game), it´s not likely he´d teach an style he never used. No idea either whether that kind of grip has any advantage besides looking cooler.

13. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Form V

14. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    You are right that Starkiller uses Form V, but Ahsoka actually uses a reverse-grip form of Ataru, Form IV.

15. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    The reverse grip is Shien, Form V.

16. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    one of the most painful pieces of Eu for me is actually the story of SW Battlefront Elite Squadron for Psp and Ds...

17. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    So she uses a mixture of Form IV with the backhand grip of Form V? Because she definitely uses Form IV for the most part; Form V is a brutal, all-out attack form, but Ahsoka uses a more acrobatic form, like Form IV.

18. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    That is what Wookieepedia says (not that I trust it). Perhaps it is a Wookieepedia invention that the reverse grip is exclusive to Shien, but I believe it is derived from Adi Gallia using it in Jedi Power Battles and her form subsequently being identified as an unorthodox form called Shien in a D20 RPG supplement, which was then rolled into Form V.

19. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Ah. Well, I just know even looking at the show that Ahsoka doesn't have the physique to use the brutal methods of Form V, and her actions definitely seem to be indicative of Form IV. But a thought...doesn't Plo Koon use Form V? Maybe he taught her the reverse-grip and she modified it to fit her physical abilities better.

20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    You're talking about Djem So, which is a different variation of Form V.

Ahsoka has always used Shien with a reverse grip (which isn't required), which is more of a wide, sweeping style.

21. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    No, Evil Wookieepedia did not invent it, Sir. It comes from the third web supplement to the RPG book Hero's Guide, as you can see here.

22. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I mentioned a D20 RPG supplement.

I said Wookieepedia might have invented the idea that it's exclusively Shien.

23. Solent

Aug 4, 2001
    All this because some movie trainer fought different from another?

Is there also an explanation for why Darth Sion didn´t fall to pieces whenever I slashed his body 7 times per second?

24. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Because he's pretty much a corpse animated by the Dark Side. Presumably, if it were a comic, he's regenerating like wolverine or his pieces fusing back together.

KOTOR2 was about trying to make Darksiders more mysterious and alien.

TRUE SITH and all that.

25. Solent

Aug 4, 2001
    It´s still putting together cauterized lumps of flesh. JJM managed to explain the raghouls´s instant transformation gameplay mechanic, but this one got a bit too far.

While I don´t care that much for the overall plot of KotoR2, as it feels like a deconstruction of SW within SW, something that usually doesn´t work, the idea that the DS manifests itself in a kind of pattern was quite interesting, and I liked it was referenced in the comics.

Sadly I also found Traya a whiny *****.

Charlemagne19 likes this.