main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Why isn't the EU going out with a Bang?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 9, 2013.

1. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    All continuity involves ignoring, retconning, rewriting previous continuity. It happens even with single authors. The fact is that Marvel has had a unified continuity since Marc Grunewald's work on the OHMU. And some of their best work - Johnathan Hickman, for instance - draws heavily from the established history of the Marvel Universe.
    On the other side, we have DC. Yeah, that's worked great for them.

2. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Make that Anakin Solo coming back from the dead and having been introduced to flow-walking by Jacen in the netherworld, plus another new interpretation of how flow-walking actually works, and I'm sure everybody will love it. "Aww, he's stopping all those bad things from happening even if it means removing his own existence!"

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    The sky, devoid of stars, hold no solace save for the cold embrace of the long night. The darkness and the snow surround us, smothering any hope or thoughts of joy. I write these words knowing full well that no one will read them. But still there has to be a record of sorts. I don’t know why, but it feels like someone should put worlds to it. The world is dying. Not with commotion and strange portents, but quietly, like an old man on his deathbed – his life slowly ebbing away. [...] So tired, so cold… to whoever finds this, if anyone dose. Remember us. And that we did our best.
    - Lin’s diary, the Portent, Peter Bergting