main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why it's great to be non-spoiled: No stupid crap to read

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by AdamBertocci, Oct 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I'm going a little more spoiled on Episode III than I was on II and I, and let me tell you, I miss the old days sometimes.

There seems to be this mentality about Star Wars news on the Internet... that EVERYTHING is true, and gets written up on Aint-It-Cool-News and IMDB and this and that.

I swear to God I could write that Britney Spears was playing Vader's Sith girlfriend Redav, and Variety magazine would publish it the next day.

To me, it feels like this:
    If McCallum went on a Hyperspace chat and said "Nobody will play Scrabble in Episode III", and then some 'insider' claimed Anakin and Obi-Wan played Scrabble, the general consensus would be that all of Episode III takes place at a Scrabble tournament.

Just think. If you were spoiled for the prior prequels, you would have had to put up with silly rumors like Obi-Wan's clone to be played by Kenneth Branagh... and something about a clone named Ambu Fett... and then just a bunch of really stupid stuff no one in their right mind believes. (Or maybe not. Remember the "Darth Kimball" joke and how it snowballed?)

And right now there's a whole bunch of crap kicking around on Episode III that just makes my head spin with its wrongness. (In MY opinion.)

So stay non-spoiled, guys.
    You don't need to be pissed off by reading stuff that isn't true.
    You don't get false expectations about the movie.
    You don't start questioning the line between fact and fiction.

Now if you'll excuse me, it's time for me to do fan art of Radev.

Rick McCallum loves you!

2. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    While this thread is redundant, and variations of it appear every few weeks. AdamBertocci once again demonstrated why he is the master of humor in the movie forums. [face_laugh]

:cool: Mace Windy,
    so windy, its scary!

3. Obi-Ron42

Obi-Ron42 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    Vader has a Sith girlfriend?

What a scoop!

4. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    [face_laugh]

So very true. I post in 3SA from time to time, and people no longer have common sense. You guys should be happy that you don't have to read some of the crap that is released by no-name spy reporters. Some of it is sure believable, some of it is probalby true, but I'm sure most of it isn't...

I agree with Adam. Stay unspoiled.

In the words of dehrian's (3SA mod) sig:

In here, speculation quickly becomes assumption, and then assumption becomes fact, and reveals itself as disappointment when what everyone forgets began as speculation turns out to be false.

:D

5. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    (double post... stupid browser)

6. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Britney Spears was playing Vader's Sith girlfriend Redav

OMG TEH SPOILAR!!11!11 :eek: :eek:

7. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    [Rod(Tod?) Flanders] Spoilers make baby Jesus cry. :_|

And Adam I'm shocked! :eek: you gave in a little?
    Terrible.... :p

I've always said that the true spoiler material isn't out until early next year, at the moment its just rumour mixed with tiny smidgens of facts.
    It was the same with AOTC from what I remember and the stuff they had 3 years ago during AOTC's run was funny and terrible.

And Ambu Fett :D I remember that name.

8. Darth_Goofy

Darth_Goofy Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2001
    Wasn't Ambu Fett supposed to be Boba's Mommy?

Ah, good times.

9. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Wasn't Ambu Fett supposed to be Boba's Mommy?

Yeah that was one rumour, then when Bodie Taylor was announced as playing a Clone Captain, they attached the name to his character.

And I totally agree, good times :D

10. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    What Adam said. I think this is a frustration that will haunt spoiler lovers.

I was spoiled until two weeks ago. I suspect that rumours, spy reports, will not be accurate really. In addition, since it is the LAST SW movie we'll ever see and the connections that merge both "trilogies" into what is the SW Saga, the less we know about it the greater the experience will be.

You must make it fair for yourself, that you deserve to see the final episode, as pure as possible. Then again, I wonder how much longer we can discuss the same things, over and over again 8-}.

11. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Those who were spoiled for AOTC were disappointed to see the Obi/Jango fight cut down. Same thing with the Mace/Jango fight.
    We unspoiled ones were obliviously happy with what we got!

12. Darth_Goofy

Darth_Goofy Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2001
    Very true. Us spoiled folks saw shots of Dooku fighting with two lightsabers, so it was dissapointing not to see that, as well.

13. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    That's nothing compared to some of the current spy reports. There's some really crazy stuff out right now. I bet less than half of it is true.

14. SuperYoda_Jedi-eater

SuperYoda_Jedi-eater Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2003
    You fools! I have the greatest spoiler of them all! *If you are not man enough to read my super spoiler maybe you should go cry to mommy! Anywhoo, Anakin goes to the dark side! My sources also tell me that after episode III is done that they are going to make episodes 4,5,and 6! Whoah! Just thinking about it gives me zits!

15. SOCKIT2ME

SOCKIT2ME Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    the general consensus would be that all of Episode III takes place at a Scrabble tournament. :D

16. SuperYoda_Jedi-eater

SuperYoda_Jedi-eater Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2003
    No, no, no, you've got it all wrong. They will be playing Yatzee, nobody in that cast is intelligent enough to play Scrabble(except for Yoda).

17. Bant428

Bant428 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    nah, they'll play star wars trivial pursuit =)

yeah, i hate stooopid, fake rumors too!

spoiler free til ep3!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.