main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Why Leia Organa is Snoke

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by yeahno, Dec 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yeahno

yeahno Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2015

"I just used the opacity control to move between 2 layers one is Snoke the other is Leia .No aspect ratio change has been made."

no morph

"Your eyes can deceive you. Don't trust them. " - Obi-Wan Kenobi Remember our first lesson taught by Master Kenobi? Well pay attention to what The Force Awakens is telling you because the old dead fossil is still taking us to school. So we are to believe that in the 32 years since ROTJ a giant scary hologram named Supreme Leader Snoke who seems to be powerful with the Darkside of the Force has managed to build the First Order and seduce Luke's pupil Ben Solo to follow the dark path as well. It's the Wizard of Oz Darkside style. They even cast the amazing Andy Serkis to make it more credible. Supreme Leader Snoke is Leia. She broke bad after becoming Luke's first pupil. She is pretending to be Snoke. "Search your feelings. You know it to be true." - Darth Vader Presumably Leia was the only other person who could be as powerful as Luke. She watched as her planet and family were destroyed. She fell in love and pushed out Twins, both are not exactly recommended for Jedi. Now she has two armies and everyone fooled except Luke. Luke knew he lost his sister to the Darkside and couldn't save Kylo but could save his niece Rey. So he hid her and went exile knowing only the child could redeem the parent. The first clue in the film is in the first scene with dialogue as Max Von Sydow and Oscar Isaacs discuss how great Leia is. Both Snoke and Leia are desperately searching for Luke to find Rey. It's perfect. It's the "I am your father" moment for episode 8. "If you will not turn to the Darkside then perhaps she will..." - Darth Vader

After seeing Star Wars VII three times, I have noticed something new each time, such as the whisper at the end of Rey’s visions (after touching the lightsaber) in my second viewing or Yoda and Obi-Wan’s voices heard in the same scene in my third viewing. I also have noticed a couple other interesting things, and have a theory that could be an interesting twist to the new trilogy.

At the end of Star Wars VI; Return of the Jedi, Darth Vader comments to Luke: “If you will not turn to the Dark Side... then perhaps she [Leia] will...” and later, when Luke is talking to Leia and he says “…and my sister has it [the Force]” and “You have that power too. In time you'll learn to use it as I have. The Force runs strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. And... my sister has it. Yes. It's you, Leia.”.

Fast-forward to Star Wars VII. We see Leia many years later, but no evidence that Luke has taught her the ways of the Force or that she’s used a lightsaber or experimented with the Force. So what has she been doing the last 30 years? Has she been practicing, using the Force privately, which would be a dangerous way for a novice to learn and hence be susceptible to the Dark Side? Or did Luke teach her, and things went wrong somewhere along the line? I’m suspicious.

Now, Leia is leading the “Resistance” army to find Luke. We assume her intentions of finding Luke are good, but why did Luke leave everyone else in such chaos and at the mercy of The First Order, while splitting the map of his location between R2-D2 and the old man on Jakku? Some say he left to find the Jedi temples and learn how to be a Jedi Master since he failed and the result is Kylo Ren. However, could there be a larger conflict for Luke—another family struggle where Luke would be forced to destroy a close family member (a much stronger bond than a nephew or even his father Anakin)? Did he get an inkling that Leia was behind Snoke and he didn’t know how to handle this situation? At the end of Star Wars VII Rey is holding Luke’s old lightsaber out to him, and you may see an expression of pain and resistance on Luke’s face--almost reluctance to take the lightsaber and face his ultimate fear.

Ben Solo had been training with Luke but—as Leia points out to Han—was seduced to the Dark Side by Snoke. Who is Snoke? He came from somewhere, and most likely does not look like the vision shown. Snoke’s an amorphous character, so he (it) really could be anyone. His appearance is over-sized which is an obvious “Wizard Of Oz“ cover up for someone who wants to be anonymous. Even if the hologram of Snoke looks completely different than the individual who is really behind him, he and Leia share a similar jawline, a similar droll mouth, smoky voice and a mole positioned in the same spot on the top left cheekbone. His comment to Kylo Ren about Han Solo indicates that Snoke is concerned Ren won’t be able to kill his father. Snoke’s comment almost coincides with Leia’s request, asking Han to “…bring our son home” (confront Ben and risk being killed?). Could Leia be playing both sides, ala Chancellor Palpatine, pulling strings between good and evil armies?

When Han is killed by Ren, Leia sits down because of the disturbance felt through the Force. We assume this relates to sadness regarding Han, but no tears, no sadness. Compare Rey and Finn’s emphatic emotional response when Han is killed and the emotions are very different. Leia almost seems cold or dark. Even when Rey returns to Leia and they stare at each other, Leia doesn’t shed a tear. Is this due to Leia having internal conflicts between her Dark Side and the Light? Her son, Kylo Ren similarly struggles with being drawn to the Light Side as it relates to Han Solo being his weakness.

I suspect that towards the end of the next movie, Star Wars 8, Leia will be revealed as being Snoke and having become a Sith (or at least evil) after experimenting with the Force, and being the weaker twin who was seduced by the Dark Side.

2. natureboy76

natureboy76 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 11, 2009
  3. Argalin

Argalin Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    I don't think there is a more perfect meme you could have responded with I'm dying laughing.

natureboy76 likes this.
  4. yeahno

yeahno Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2015
  5. Darth JarJar

Darth JarJar Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2015
    Makes totally sense now, brilliant!

In the movie, i felt constantly irritated, once I saw Leia at the rebel base, talking to Han, Rey, the People of the Resistance, and at the other moment, it looked like she is a hologram on the Starkiller Base, telling Kylo and Hux what to do...

so she is the same person trying to find Luke with both groups ... regarding Han's death, might be true that HE left HER when he found out, that Lando fathered Kylo, (and I guess, Ladies man Han got a new young girlfriend), so Leia used the dark side of the force to influence Kylo to kill Han. Kylo tried to resist but the dark side was stronger...

yeahno likes this.
  6. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    That's only part of it. Leia/Snoke is clearly Darth Plagueis reincarnated, who also happened to be one of the Inquisitors, and also served as one of Palpatine's advisors…

7. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
  8. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Leia's behind everything!!!!!!

9. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    IT WAS ME LUKE

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG

natureboy76 likes this.
  10. yeahno

yeahno Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2015
    It makes sense that Leia would have the capacity to be as powerful as Luke.
    The real question is who trained her in the ways of the sith.

11. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Oh give me a break already......

12. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015

Yes, Leia has the same potential as Luke, and they both have the same potential as Anakin.

No one trained her, because she's not a Sith.

And she's not Snoke.

Solo-Skywalker and GeneralOrgana like this.
  13. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
  14. yeahno

yeahno Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2015
    your picture of her looks even more like Snoke from the movie!
    sick

15. james92rogers

james92rogers Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 23, 2015
    I am still waiting for Snoke to be either Jar Jar or Sors Bandeam

16. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    We really need to stop asking people how stupid they can be, they're taking it as a challenge.

17. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Wait, so you are telling me all the face mocap by Andy Serkis meant nothing?

18. yeahno

yeahno Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2015
    it is snoke and mirrors

seeing the character Snoke, why was Andy even needed?
    Practical makeup would have sufficed.

LadyPadme likes this.
  19. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    I like the idea of Leia being the big bad more than I like the idea of retconning an old Imperial or Sith that was supposedly always there. And definitely more than bringing an old character back from the dead. The motivations even kind of make sense.

Still, I think Snoke is Snoke.

yeahno likes this.
  20. GeneralOrgana

GeneralOrgana Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 24, 2015
    I find it ASTOUNDING the number of people who have come to this conclusion. I must ask myself if we've been following the same Saga.... Have I been watching the wrong movies all along?

MattOrgana likes this.
  21. Sunbloom

Sunbloom Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2015
    I like this theory. Some things make sense now.
    She said something about "Vader's genes" in Kylo, and it's her who passed these genes on!
    Also she really made a special point of the fact that it was Snoke who seduced Kylo to the dark side. How did he meet Snoke?
    And she sent Han to Kylo, maybe she wanted to get rid of him.
    And it would be interesting if the Skywalker twins went separate ways, Luke would be Light and Leia eventually Dark.
    And it would explain why Luke hid himself, he just couldn't kill his sister like he couldn't kill his father before that!
    Also, what if it was Leia who took daddy's helmet from the funeral pyre and gave it to her son for birthday?
    And just imagine a scene at the end of Ep 8 with Snoke telling Kylo, "I am your Mother!"

Force22 and yeahno like this.
  22. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
  23. Onlooker

Onlooker Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2015
    Actually, in the new Star Wars universe, training is totally unnecessary.

24. yeahno

yeahno Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2015
    When we first saw Leia in "a new hope" she was seen as a hologram and tiny.

She has been an underused character, especially since she has such a potential for great power..

25. Java_The_Hutt_

Java_The_Hutt_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 26, 2015
    This is the greatest troll thread ever.

REALBOBAFETISH likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.