main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Why Leia Organa is Snoke

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by yeahno, Dec 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    So, if Leia is Snoke, why would she stay at the Resistance base when the Starkiller (under her command) is just minutes away from blowing it up?

2. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002

Easy: it's extra TWISTY.

3. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015

Leia Organa is not the kind of person who hides in a island to not face her problems. She's always fighting.

Solo-Skywalker and GeneralOrgana like this.
  4. Solo-Skywalker

Solo-Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2014
    I was typing fast, my mistake I knew that. Thanks for the heads up :cool: I edited my OP....

This has to be the worst, idea of head canon I've ever read on these forums and that someone of the individuals here believe this nonsense is even plausible is laughable and a completely disrespectful to the characterization of Leia Organa.

(with edit:))

RoTS - Twin sister to Luke Skywalker (oh really, that's interesting...)
    ANH - secured the readout to the Death Star before being captured, by her father tortured, as a 19 year old led the Rebellion
    ESB - Fell in love, tried protecting her brother, found a new calling
    RoTJ - Still a Princess, still in love, still his brother, still choose duty over family (i.e. blowing up another Death Star)
    TFA - Still a Princess, now a General, still in love, has a kid or two, still Luke's sister, and now has son, still loves Han and his first mate, which are all on a planet SHE orders it's destruction; again duty over family...

Hey Luke Skywalker I'm looking at you!!

MattOrgana and GeneralOrgana like this.
  5. Jedi_Master_Laker

Jedi_Master_Laker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 27, 2002
    Now let's ask this question..
    Why Snoke is Leia Organa.
    Thoughts??? ;)

6. Onlooker

Onlooker Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2015
    Aw.. come on. We can have some REALLY interesting speculation, can't we?

All the while that Governor Tarkin was thinking that he had her under submission on the first Death Star, he was actually under Leia's mind control. She was so powerful that even Darth Vader could not get the location of the secret rebel base from her. Heck, he didn't even know that Leia was his own daughter. Leia needed to destroy her home world to keep something dark and disturbing about her past from ever being discovered. She could not simply jump into the role of the Sith because there were already Sith who were in precedence for the position. AND now we have established precedent for this kind of powerful female figure in the character of Rey who yields considerable power within hours of learning that she has it.
    "Princess Leia can barely contain her glee as she witnesses the destruction of her home world, Alderaan. Supportive Father stands behind her as he offers a pat on the shoulder for a job well done. o_O"
    [​IMG]

7. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    The idea of a Skywalker turning evil....that's ridiculous! Wait a minute.....

I think this is a fun theory to play around with. Probably won't be true, but is better than Plagueis. Or, what's worse is that Snoke is just another bad guy like Palpatine with no distinguishing differences other than a different name. THAT's horrible writing. But anyway...

Why would people be shocked at a major character who is heroic and good getting seduced by the darkside and turning evil? HER OWN FATHER DID IT. Oh right, they wouldn't dare repeat any plots in a SW movie would they? Oh snap! -- The entire movie of TFA was repeating plot points.

Macducci, Onlooker and yeahno like this.
  8. Onlooker

Onlooker Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2015
    Oh yea, so how old is Snoke anyway? I thought that Snoke came out of nowhere and thus far all I have seen is a hologram as presented in TFA. If you're telling me that there is some canon that we can reliably look to for the answer then clearly that could clear up the whole premise of Snoke just being a cover for Leia.

yeahno likes this.
  9. Solo-Skywalker

Dec 29, 2014
    Onlooker

So Luke Skywalker is Snoke, is in play then also?? Okay TFA all makes sense now; Luke while hiding took on this new persona which no one knew except his first apprentice, Kylo Ren (or Ben Solo); and setting the events of TFA in motion.

You see I can do it too, as their is another... Skywalker

Canon - Visual Dictionary
    Canon - Novelization
    Canon - The film itself

MattOrgana likes this.
  10. Onlooker

Onlooker Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2015
    Yea, you see. This is exactly what I'm talking about. Right now with this Snoke character we have a bad guy with no back story or reason for me to fear him, revile him or care about him.

yeahno likes this.
  11. yeahno

yeahno Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2015
    [​IMG]

again.. animated gif
    no morphing, no aspect ratio change.

i actually think some other pictures of her would work even better.

12. Solo-Skywalker

Dec 29, 2014
    Here is Canon.. end of thread/

The Supreme Leader of the First Order, the mysterious Snoke has no permanent base of operations, preferring to contact his underlings from a mobile command post. Snoke is powerful with the dark side of the Force, and seduced Kylo Ren into abandoning the Jedi path to become his apprentice. But Snoke also commands General Hux and the technological war machine the First Order has engineered to destroy the New Republic and Leia Organa’s Resistance.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/supreme-leader-snoke

Onlooker and MattOrgana like this.
  13. Primetime_Jedi

Apr 21, 2000

Maybe Snoke is Gender-confused. :oops:

If Snoke was Leia, you think the databank would really say:
    Supreme Leader Snoke - True Identity: LEIA ORGANA!

Just as nothing said Palpatine was actually Sidious, even though it was obvious (to most people).

yeahno likes this.
  14. Solo-Skywalker

Dec 29, 2014
    Have fun with this... I'm loving the comedic entertainment

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

MattOrgana likes this.
  15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    "Vague" is a word that comes to mind regarding the physical similarities between the two.

And I'd love to hear your answer to my earlier question - why Leia stayed at the base when the Starkiller was aiming at it.

MattOrgana likes this.
  16. Onlooker

Onlooker Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2015
    You can try to follow that path, but then the story line just dies because there are no Jedi left to oppose him except possibly Leia and Rey. But we have seen Luke deal with the dark side and his personal deamons and he came out of it as a stronger Jedi.

We haven't seen Leia do anything with her abilities, so she still has the potential to be a wildcard. So far as I have seen up til now (movies only, I haven't kept up with the EU), only the Sith seem to come to power without going through some extensive training. Palpatine was a politician, so it kind of gives a precedent where we can see that the Sith come to power very easily and a lot of training may not be needed (seductive, more easily acquired). Rey is the exception and this is where I have a problem with TFA, but many people have speculated about Luke going to the dark side, so maybe I am missing something there.

Actually, I'd say that the most compelling argument against it so far came from General Organa's statement below. Audience alienation might be the compelling argument against this line of thinking if it is not done perfectly.

17. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    So, Leia and Snoke have two eyes, a nose, and a mouth. Did you try this, same angle photo, with Luke, Han, Chewie, Yoda, me, my mom?

I bet the all morph into snoke. Which confirms, my mom is snoke! [face_nail_biting]

-C

18. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    Padme Amidala is back. And this time she is ******.

19. Primetime_Jedi

Apr 21, 2000
    The thing is we really don't know that much about Leia. Besides the 3 OT films, we only have TFA, and that coming after 30-year gap. Who knows what could have happened in between then? Her lifespan has doubled during that time. Yeah, I suppose there's "canon comics" and what not out there creeping out, but there's tons of room for stuff to happen in Leia's life. How can we know with absolute certainty how her character has evolved in the last 30 years? Her actual role in TFA was relatively small (unless you count her lines as Snoke ;) )

Going against the theory, the movie's already established her son turned evil, so it might be overkill for her to be evil too, and her son not know her secret identity. And if she's hunting Luke so bad then why just let Rey, Chewie, and R2 go meet him at the end?

yeahno likes this.
  20. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015

Are you Bail Solo, Kylo's lost twin?

21. Onlooker

Onlooker Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2015

IN fact, she has been in this position more than once and yet so had Emporer Palpatine. Neither one of them ran and it ended up that Palpatine was blown up with the 2nd Death Star - even if he was already deposed by the joint effort of Luke and Anakin during their light saber duel.

Anyway, I will gladly concede your point on the morph captured by the OP. It is not enough to mean anything on its own. I doubt that Serkis and Fisher have a bone structure similar enough to have been a factor in his being cast for the part, so the visual overlay is probably more of an anomaly than a hidden clue.

22. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.