main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why ligthsaber FX is better for Bay?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by JORGE_RAMIREZ, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JORGE_RAMIREZ

JORGE_RAMIREZ Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2005
    Hello my friends I need buy a Ligthsaber FX but why is better?

Bay this one??
    Ebay

Thanks..

2. Corbin-Das

Corbin-Das Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 28, 2005
    Hello Jorge
    I think which saber you choose is a matter of personal taste. Here's the differences:

These sabers use 3 batteries:

Newer Vader
    Anakin
    Darth Maul (3 on each half)

These ones use 6 batteries:

Luke ROTJ
    Mace Windu
    Older Vader

I think there's another Luke saber that's pretty rare and I'm not sure how many batteries it takes either.

All of the FX sabers have power up, movement, clash and power down. The Vader only has one clash sound and I think two movement sounds. The Anakin, Mace and Luke ROTJ all sound almost identical. They have 3 or 4 clash sounds. The Mace is a little lower in tone though.

I haven't seen a Darth Maul saber in person yet, so I can't really comment on those. In my opinion, the most comfortable one to hold is the Luke ROTJ. Probably because it's the only one besides the Maul that doesn't have those rubber grips on it. The Mace is pretty comfortable too, but the On/Off switch is easy to accidently hit when handling it.

There is supposed to be an Obi Wan version coming out soon, if it hasn't already. It looks very nice.

I hope this helps.

Corbin Das

Corbin@CorbinsComponents.com

3. JORGE_RAMIREZ

JORGE_RAMIREZ Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2005
    Exccelent!!! thanks my friend.

4. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Hmmmm, a friend of mine showed me his Luke ROTJ FX saber and it only needed 3 batteries. Is there more than one version?

EDIT: I just looked at the MasterReplicas web page and it says that the Luke ROTJ FX saber uses 6 AA batteries, so it must have been a different saber I was looking at.

5. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    Luke ESB 6 batteries/ Anakin AOTC 6 Batteries EL/ If your buddy has a Luke ROTJ with 3 batteries then it has been converted.

6. FETT-MAN

FETT-MAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2005
    The Luke ROTJ your friend has is probably the first gen. They rereleased it in '05 and it now has 6 batteries. As for the Maul, it has 3 batteries and has the same sounds as the ESB Vader. One clash, that's all. I own both.

7. xwingband

xwingband Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 25, 2001
    Nope, the first gen Luke ROTJ (the second saber they released) was EL and ran on 6AA.

8. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    And my '05 LED version runs on 6 AA as well. So then what's the 3 he's talking about, an ANH/ESB?

9. xwingband

xwingband Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 25, 2001
    Probably the Luke ESB... He may have mistaken the movie. I'd think that's more likely than messing up a name as there is only one ROTJ saber out. There is no ANH Luke either. The ESB is similar but they haven't tried the ANH and probably won't for quite a while.

10. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Is the Luke ESB EL or LED? And where can one find the Luke ESB, the Anakin AOTC, and the Vader ANH?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.