main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why Live Life From Dream to Dream... {JA, angst} |COMPLETE 6.2.05|

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by CalaisKenobi, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jovieve

Jovieve Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME START TO LIKE XANI!!!!

Padawan Travina - soo naive!

And so's Obi-Wan.

Xan/Krycek? My internal alarms immediately went off. So he saved Obi-Wan...what is he - a Boy Scout now? He just happen to be hanging with the boyz and managed to rescue a depressed Obi-Wan?

Yeah, sure.

He's up to something.

It would behoove the Jedi crew NOT to put any faith in Xan. Please don't let Obi-Wan get all mushy to his 'savior'. Xan has a lot of very black marks against him - and a body count.

Don't turn your back on him, Qui-Gon!

2. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    :_| [face_shocked] :_|

Oh, my dear Muse I come back to find such wonderful posts!! *sigh*

Keep it up!! I need inspiration. ;)

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Comparing Xani to Krycek makes me seriously question his timing. Just how did he happen to be at exactly the right place at exatly the right time?

4. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Too many stories to read. I finally got back to this one.

I agree with Jovieve. Xanatos is up to something. But you're going to keep us in the dark for as long as you can, aren't you, CK? ;)

5. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    creelin Thanks! [face_blush]

Padawan HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME START TO LIKE XANI!!!!
    How can you not like him? :confused:

sheila I can't wait to see where you take this from here and if Xanatos will play any role in helping Obi-Wan with the problems that led to his getting hurt in the first place.
    Well if anyone understands somewhat what Obi is going through, it would be Xanatos... ;)

Cicci Grmph! You sure you're not the evil spawn of a sith?
    Hmm... good think my parents don't follow my writing... they might take offense to that :p LOL!!!
    Did he feel the temptation of the lightside, or what.
    What a provocative idea... the "TEMPTATION" of the Lightside. Hmm...

obaona You better post, or I'll drive myself crazy.
    I think you already have!!! :D Either that or you are ill... I don't think I've ever seen you post so much on one of my stories before. I'm so thrilled!

Cyn I do adore a well-written Xan
    Who doesn't? He's such a great character! Thanks :D

Psycho-Freak And I don't like too much the fact that he healed him, did he used the darkside?
    Maybe... [face_devil]

Flashbacca And the Wookie says ditto... as images of Ghost flash through my mind... interesting...

Jovieve It would behoove the Jedi crew NOT to put any faith in Xan. Please don't let Obi-Wan get all mushy to his 'savior'. Xan has a lot of very black marks against him - and a body count.
    ahh... but so did Krycek... but perhaps he was really working to help Mulder by preventing the greater evil of the Consortium? Is there a parallel here? Maybe ;)

Puck I live to serve as muse :D

Kitara Comparing Xani to Krycek makes me seriously question his timing.
    Good question... and why is it that he is so concerned with saving Obi-Wan now when he tried so hard to kill him before? :confused:

cascadia But you're going to keep us in the dark for as long as you can, aren't you, CK?
    Who me??? [face_ofanangel] :p

6. Cicci

Cicci Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    Hmm... good think my parents don't follow my writing... they might take offense to that, LOL!!!

Probably...but hey - your parents actually know what a Sith is?

What a provocative idea... the "TEMPTATION" of the Lightside. Hmm...

Yeah, something most of us have a brush with at some point of our lives... ;)

7. Jovieve

May 19, 2002
    Jovieve It would behoove the Jedi crew NOT to put any faith in Xan. Please don't let Obi-Wan get all mushy to his 'savior'. Xan has a lot of very black marks against him - and a body count.

ahh... but so did Krycek... but perhaps he was really working to help Mulder by preventing the greater evil of the Consortium? Is there a parallel here? Maybe

You're evil, CK. Now instead of worrying for Obi-Wan's mental health, we have to worry about his very soul as well.

Or is madness/dark side/suicide Xan's goal for Qui-Gon's beloved apprentice? Would he stoop so low to get back at his former master? Or is this less personal?

You're evil, CK.

8. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    And the Wookie says ditto... as images of Ghost flash through my mind... interesting...

OK I finally understood the other post :p took me a bit - too frazzled from physiology test :_|

uh, so am I supposed to say
    :I love you:
    instead???? how 'bout I love your story????

[face_laugh] The Wookiee

9. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Yes, I am alive and yes I do plan on posting on this. I haven't been able to get online and unfortunately I don't have time to get the post up now. I will have one up though! :D

10. Larkonna

Larkonna Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 1999
    So...Xanatos steps in and saves Obi-Wan's life? Why? You're making him borderline...likable!

Back to Obi-Wan though. He aimlessly wanders through Coruscant, going deeper and deeper into the most dangerous parts of the Capital Planet. He's simultaneously sinking deeper into himself and his depression. He's losing whatever inner turmoil he's facing. But it's not apathy that's replacing it...very strange, very sad...waiting for more.

11. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Grrr... now that the network is up and somewhat reliable, I have class :mad: Regardless, I will have a post on this tonight (barring the network going down again, which IT assures will not happen (like I'd believe them after they told us that LAST time))

12. Jovieve

May 19, 2002
    It's nighttime, CK. Where are you?

13. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    It's nighttime past the time yesterday u promised to post!!! I don't know if I can live without anymore!!!

14. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Smoothing a surprisingly gently hand over the Padawan?s forehead, Xanatos leaned down and whispered something softly into Obi-Wan?s ear. Knowing that the young Jedi had heard him, despite his current unconscious state, Xanatos carefully freed Obi-Wan?s braid from where it had become twisted under him before rising again to his feet. All of the suppressed hostility and tension that was so much a part of the fallen Jedi seemed to have disappeared, leaving behind a man who looked much too young for the weight he obviously bore on his shoulders.

?He will be all right for now,? Xanatos stated solemnly, refusing to lift his blue eyes from where they focused on the alleyway beneath him. ?The Temple Healers should be able to repair any of the physical damage.?

Catching the stress on the word ?physical,? Qui-Gon took a step toward his former apprentice; halting as Xanatos seemed to flinch away from him. ?What do you mean?? the Jedi Master asked, softly enough that Adi Gallia would not have heard had she not used her Force-enhanced senses.

?Obi-Wan has a very important place to serve if the Jedi Order is to survive the next several years,? Xanatos answered softly. ?You must take care of him, Qui-Gon. He will have much to bear in the future, when he will be completely alone. For now, he needs your strength to rely on.?

?What are you planning Xanatos?? Adi hissed, as she raised her still-ignited ?saber into a battle stance.

Raising weary azure eyes that were suspiciously wet, Xanatos swallowed audibly. ?I am not planning anything. You have nothing to fear from me, I won?t live long enough to pose any threat to you or the Jedi Order. My life is forfeit for helping, and it was a sacrifice I was willing to make.? Taking a shaky breath, the former Jedi continued uninterrupted. ?When I left the Order, I thought I had found my place in life. And then when I began to call on the Darkside of the Force, I knew that I would be the most powerful Force-user ever. Little did I know, I was only a pawn in a game??

?You can?t honestly expect us to believe you,? Master Gallia scoffed, before turning to address Qui-Gon. ?He?s just trying to play on your emotions, Qui-Gon. You shouldn?t listen to him. He should be arrested and Force-blinded immediately.?

?You speak as if there is someone out there that has some kind of control over you,? Qui-Gon commented shrewdly, ignoring the Councilor?s comments.

Smiling a humorless grin, Xanatos sighed. ?Yes, my life is no longer my own? if it ever did belong to me. I can?t tell you who he is, but suffice it to say that he has an inordinate amount of interest in Obi-Wan, and will jump on any opportunity you give him to rid the galaxy of the boy.?

?He sent these men after him?? Master Jinn questioned, raising an eyebrow.

?No, he did not send these men,? the fallen Jedi trailed off.

?He sent you.?

Nodding in response, Xanatos waited for the outburst he knew was sure to come from his former Master. Instead, he was shocked when Qui-Gon embraced him. At first he tried to pull away, but eventually he relaxed into the unexpected show of affection. It had been too long since he had last had contact with someone who was not trying to hurt him in some way.

?Thank you,? the Jedi Master stated, after releasing his former apprentice. ?I am not sure why I believe you, or even if I should, but the Force tells me that you have changed.?

?I?d like to think that I have,? Xanatos answered with only a semblance of his usual charm. ?In any case, I must be leaving before I put you in any danger. Please take care of Obi-Wan, he is more important than you can ever fathom.?

Stepping back, and nodding softly as he appraised his former enemy and even more former friend, Qui-Gon smiled sadly. ?Be careful Xanatos. And know that if you ever need me, I will be there.?

?Thank you? Master,? Xanatos replied, before turning to exit the alleyway. At a stern glance and a slight Force-shove from Master Jinn, Adi Gallia stepped to the side and allowed the falle

15. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Cicci Probably...but hey - your parents actually know what a Sith is?
    Only 'cause I had to explain it after yelling "OH SITH!!!!" when the muddy dog jumped on freshly dressed and ready to go me. :p

Jovieve Or is madness/dark side/suicide Xan's goal for Qui-Gon's beloved apprentice? Would he stoop so low to get back at his former master? Or is this less personal?
    I was thinking more of the manipulative play both sides Krycek ;)

Flashbacca Hmm... just no wookie love songs, okay? :p

Larkonna He's simultaneously sinking deeper into himself and his depression. He's losing whatever inner turmoil he's facing
    Well, he's trying to escape it.. but that will be even harder now that he is injured and will be in traction...

Nikita and Jovieve I blame the network entirely :mad:

16. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Yay! Obi-Wan's safe in the Temple - with Qui-Gon by his side. :)

17. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    AAAHHH!!!! MUSE!!! You're killing me. I hate suspense. You must post soon. I can't stand the wait!! PLEASE!!!!! :_|

18. Jovieve

May 19, 2002
    I knew it. Qui-Gon has always been a sucker for Xanatos. Yes, Xan's telling the truth...kinda like Dooku was telling Obi-Wan the truth...doesn't make him Sir Galahad, you idiot. :mad:

And he - so typical of Qui-Gon - is almost completely absorbed in Xan's mysterious words that HE'S going to investigate...and oh, yes, be by his Padawan's side.

Hello? Yes? Qui-Gon - your CURRENT padawan is so mired in depression he just tried to kill himself - obliquely yes, but still and you're distracted with Xan? Let the Council worry about him, since you let him walk - when he might have been safer in the Temple. :mad:

Jupiter!

19. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    After that post, I'd say that Xani is alot like Krycek who is the master of the triple cross.

20. Cicci

Cicci Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    I manage to get away from my hectic life for a couple of minutes and what do I find? THIS! How could you do that? It's worse than a cliffie, it's like a carefully hidden cliffie just waiting for the right moment to jump in your face!

Wonderful post, though.

I don't believe Xani's good. Only because I want him bad... ;)

21. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Cascadia Yup, he's now physically safe once more :D

Puck You'll live ;)

Jovieve Hello? Yes? Qui-Gon - your CURRENT padawan is so mired in depression he just tried to kill himself - obliquely yes, but still and you're distracted with Xan? Let the Council worry about him, since you let him walk - when he might have been safer in the Temple
    LOL!!! [face_laugh] Man, you really have it in for Qui, don't you? :p That's okay, so do I ;)

Kitara After that post, I'd say that Xani is alot like Krycek who is the master of the triple cross
    [face_devil] I still haven't decided what to do with Xan though... I'm not sure if he is going to just drop from view until the sequel or if he will play more of a part in this. I didn't even intend to have him in it originally!

Cicci It's worse than a cliffie, it's like a carefully hidden cliffie just waiting for the right moment to jump in your face!
    LOL!!!! [face_laugh]
    Only because I want him bad...
    Hmm... [face_with_mind_in_gutter] :p

22. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Hmmm, I wonder what Xanatos whispered to Obi. Well now Obi's safe in the temple so let's keep it that way. :D

Trust him or not to trust him? ?[face_plain]

For now, his Padawan needed him, and he vowed that he would be there for him no matter what. Oh, why do I get the feeling that isn't going to be true.

23. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Great post! :D So Xan's life is no longer his own, eh? That's interesting. I suppose its the Sith that's in control of him? And to think, you actually stated that this would not be that kind of story. [face_raised_eyebrow]

*sighs*

Well anyway! Great post! :D Now can I have another one for 'One Day More'? [face_blush]

24. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Great post! It is too bad that Xan can't go back to the temple with Obi-Wan. It seems he is the only one who gets it that something is definitely wrong with him emotionally and he needs help. Let's hope Qui-Gon has finally figured out that Obi-Wan needs some help and will make sure he gets it.

More soon please! :D

25. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    This is the first time I pity Xanatos. :D

Wonder if Obi's condition (all those thoughts and indifference that actually made him wander out of the Temple) was 'made', instilled in him somehow if not by Xanatos (I doubt he would have done it) then by that 'he[/b]'.

Great post, CK. Can't wait to read more. :)

Nifet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.