main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why Live Life From Dream to Dream... {JA, angst} |COMPLETE 6.2.05|

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by CalaisKenobi, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I suppose you can always follow the rules that we use in my practice. Tell everyone and their brother the diagnosis, except the patient, because reading about what is really wrong with him might cause more trauma.

wookie hairballs....ewwwwww

2. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I want to know... I think Obi might want to, too :)

3. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    ?I don?t understand,? Qui-Gon stated again, his calm voice failing to conceal his exasperation. ?This doesn?t fit Obi-Wan at all,? he continued, gesturing to the datapad he held in his hand.

?You have to understand, Qui-Gon,? the soul healer explained, ?there are as many different types of people that are diagnosed with this, as there are stars in the sky. This list only provides a means of diagnosis. Not every trait will fit, nor will every trait fit to the same extent as perhaps another. There are also different ways of expressing these traits as well.?

?But Obi-Wan doesn?t really fit any of these!? Qui-Gon exclaimed yet again. He and Master Deehu Saand had been discussing the diagnosis ever since the Soul Healer had suggested it after receiving the results from the test she had administered to his apprentice. ?He doesn?t try to avoid abandonment, he doesn?t have unstable relationships, he isn?t impulsive or suicidal, nor does he ever show paranoia. And as for the anger, he is a Jedi, he releases it the Force.?

?Does he Qui-Gon?? Deehu asked, as she motioned for him to sit again. ?Does Obi-Wan refuse to show emotion because he is releasing it to the Force, or because he is unable to feel it in the first place??

?Is there a difference?? Qui-Gon questioned, as he settled into the chair opposite Master Saand?s desk. ?The Jedi Code had been taught to him since almost before he could walk. How could you expect him to show emotion, when that is one of the most basic tenets of the Code??

Sighing, Deehu leaned back in her chair. ?The Jedi Code demands that we release our emotions to the Force, instead of allowing them to guide our actions as Jedi. It does not imply that we should not feel, only that we should not allow such feelings to lead us. Obi-Wan?s problem is that he doesn?t feel at all. He buries his emotions so deeply that he doesn?t even know what he is experiencing. Where the rest of us feel the emotion, then release it, Obi-Wan just buries it unknowingly.?

Nodding in a grudging acceptance that Deehu could be right, Qui-Gon continued. ?Obi-Wan doesn?t try to avoid abandonment, though. That seems to be one of the most central parts of this?? he hesitated, unable to even speak of the disorder. ?And Obi-Wan certainly is not impulsive nor suicidal.?

?Not impulsive or suicidal?? Master Saand exclaimed, her eyebrows rising. ?How many times has Obi-Wan been in the Healers Ward in the past few cycles?? Seeing Qui-Gon flinch and open his mouth to argue, she forged on. ?And why is Obi-Wan in the Healers Ward now??

?He is a Jedi, it?s dangerous?? Master Jinn replied.

?And you are not a Jedi?? Deehu prodded. ?You don?t seem to end up in the Healers Ward nearly as often.?

?Obi-Wan is young, he has much to learn,? Qui-Gon defended. ?He is not as adept yet.?

Sighing again, Master Saand swiveled her chair around until her back faced the other Master to allow him some space. ?It is not an easy diagnosis to accept,? she began softly. ?No one wants to accept this about themselves or a loved one, but Obi-Wan needs help, and to get the help he needs, you need to accept that he has a problem.?

Running his hand over his face and scrubbing at his eyes, Qui-Gon studied the datapad before him again. He had to admit that a lot of the criteria seemed to fit, even though he had tried to argue it, but he did not want to accept that Obi-Wan had such an illness. Scanning through the pages again, he noticed something he had previously missed. ?Obi-Wan is still an adolescent,? he stated dumbly, raising his blue eyes to meet Deehu?s as she turned to face him again. ?It says here that this isn?t diagnosed until adulthood at the earliest.?

?Except in extreme cases,? Master Saand finished, quoting the rest of the script Qui-Gon was only now reading. Rising from her chair, she came around to stand in front of the desk, leaning her weight back against it. ?I know that this is not easy to accept, but your Padawan needs you now. You need to accept this, and begin to get him the h

4. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Puck I hope things work out for them, but I'm still really curious as to what Xani's role in all this might be.
    I've decided he'll have one other bit part, and then that's it for him... unless of course I do the sequel ;)

Padawan This is a very intresting little web you are weaving Master..and I look forward to reading more...
    Thanks! [face_blush]

Psycho-Freak Now that Obi-Wan is safely tucked in his bed let's keep it that way. You hear me Qui-Gon! And you too Obi-Wan!
    :D

sheila I am greatly relieved that Obi-Wan is back at the Temple. Hopefully now that his cry for help was heard loud and clear they will get to the bottom of what is bothering him!
    Oh, they are trying for sure

MCK Don't cry!

obaona O. K. :p

Kitara yes, mush is definitely needed soon

Cascadia Ditto Kitara ;)

Jedi_Nifet A thought crossed my mind: what if Xani, of all, helped Obi?
    He does seem to have a vested interest...

Jovieve Obi-Wan is safely in the hospital and people have finally taken notice of his condition. I feel a little better now, CK.
    I'm glad :)

Flashbacca btw: really liked this post and how you conveyed the comfort Obi received from his friendship with Bant.
    Thanks

dparis, Jedi_Nifet, Flashbacca Thanks for the ups! :D

Nikita Probably no Xan, Obi action until the sequel :(

Cicci Yes ;)

Puck Personally, I would like to know what he has. Just out of curiosity. But I don't know if it's something he needs to be aware of.
    Good point

Cicci think that it could be interesting for us readers to see Obi's reaction to what he has, but then again I like him when he's not got a clue either.
    Poor, clueless Obi! :)

ObiLegolas I think you should put it in and have Obi be given the diagnosis. I would love to see the reaction!
    Hmm... *considers*

Kitara I suppose you can always follow the rules that we use in my practice. Tell everyone and their brother the diagnosis, except the patient, because reading about what is really wrong with him might cause more trauma.
    Hmm... *considers this too...*

JKH Okay, :D

5. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    :( That was a great post, CK. Sadly believable. :(

But its written wonderfully and handled well. I don't think there's anything I can add to that. :)

6. Jovieve

Jovieve Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    What an incredible post, CK.

It was very real and showed the utter helplessness one feels when confronted with a loved one with a mental condition.

You want to help, you don't know how until all you can do is sit there in the silence like Bant, or be in denial, like Qui-Gon.

Yes, this story has taken a very serious turn, but it is very very good and very very realistic. If I could recommend this posting for a fanfic award, I would.

Please keep going, CK.

7. Cicci

Cicci Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    Wow, CK. Just wow.

That was incredible. You made the whole situation seem dramatically real, and the background you provided us with only enhanced that feeling.

I loved your portrayal of Qui-Gon not wanting to accept Obi-Wan's condition and the sense of frustration that lingered in him for not having seen it all sooner.

The scene with Bant and Obi-Wan sitting quitely beside each other was simply beautiful. Ah, heck. The whole post was beautiful. I loved it, CK!

8. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    Poor Obi-Wan really. But in this case I'm not sure who's in worse situation. I guess they all - Obi-WAn, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan's friends - are in a very bad situation, though it's different for each.

Wonderful post, CK

9. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Wow, Great post!

You wrote that post perfectly, it felt extremely real.
    Poor Obi, but also poor Qui-Gon and poor Bant. :( I would like to know what is going through her head right now.

10. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Great post CK !

Qui-Gon's reaction was so believable. People have no problem accepting a diagnosis of a physical ailment, but when there is a mental problem present, it is so hard for loved ones to accept. No matter how much people try not to, they still feel that mental illness is somehow a weakness in one's character instead of an illness that needs to be treated. I can't wait to see how you handle the rest of this. Great job so far. :)

11. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    So we finally have a diagnosis. :( poor Qui and Bant..i'm sure they have NO IDEA how to even begin dealing with something like this. And Obi is as screwed up as ever...geez, you really know how to depress someone CK. *Takes out Cringe*

12. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I have two cases right now where the person has BPD. One keeps trying to commit suicide and the other thinks everyone but herself and her husband is to blame for the problems of the world. Very Very sad.

13. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
  14. ObiLegolas

ObiLegolas Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
  15. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
  16. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Up you go!

17. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
  18. ObiLegolas

May 15, 2002
  19. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    UP OMG OMG UP UP UP!!!!!!!

20. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
  21. ObiLegolas

May 15, 2002
  22. ObiLegolas

May 15, 2002
  23. Enigma_Jade

Enigma_Jade Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    Heading up!

24. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    I think I may have a post on this by the weekend. It seems to have finally started to come again :D

25. Jovieve

Jovieve Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.