main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why Love was Forbidden in the Old Jedi Order (NJO AU by Melyanna and Luney, sequel link up 11/13)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by padawan lunetta, Jan 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Hehehe...

I'm wicked I know, but I wanted to push this to it's first extra page ;)

2. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    nice start!

3. Zara_Rose

Zara_Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Let me echo the sentiments of "Bad Armand! Bad!" Tsk, tsk, dating someone other than Lainey. Good discussion on why love was forbidden by Old Republic Jedi. Great start! Melikes!

4. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Heya Fishieigirle, Sara (As for the Dark Jedi... well, I will tell you this... what he did to Lainey in Shadows made you all really mad ;)) And Zara... and why Bad Armand, he's Prince Charming... you expect him not to date? ;)

Anywho, here is the post, as promised. Written all by me ;)

Corran Horn watched Han Solo pass Jaina Solo over to Jagged Fel, a reflection of Han's pain shining in his own eyes as he tightened his hand on Jysella's shoulders. Jysella tugged on his sleeve. "Jaina looks pretty, Daddy but...,"

"But what?" Corran asked, rubbing his thumb against her cheek.

Jysella wrinkled her nose. "Do you have to wear a dress to get married?"

Corran smirked, noting that his daughter had been the only little girl to prefer formal Jedi robes over a frilly dress. He shook his head. "What are you doing thinking about marriage all ready?"

"You get presents!" Jysella replied, pointing to Jaina's overflowing tables.

"You get presents on your birthday," Corran said, squeezing her shoulders.

"Not that many," Jysella said, almost wistfully. "How old do you have to be to get married?"

"Much older than you, sweetie." Corran ruffled her hair.

Making an annoyed face, Jysella ran her fingers through her hair, succeeding only in making it messier. "Lainey's age?"

A sly grin crossed Corran's lips. "Sure Jys, you can get married as soon as you're as old as Lainey."

"Lainey's age now," Jysella clarified.

Corran sighed. "Yes, Jysella, Lainey's age now."

"So Lainey can get married now!" Jysella grinned.

Corran's face paled, his green eyes searching the ballroom for his padawan. He noticed Lainey ducking out of the room with Miranda, headed for the gardens. A slight ache burned in his chest at the sight of her. Ever since she'd gone with Mara to Cilpar, she'd grown closer to being a Knight than his apprentice. While he was proud of her accomplishments, the fact that she was growing away from him saddened his heart. She was more than an apprentice to him; she was like a daughter, one who was growing up much too fast. He had only had her for two years. It would be tough encouraging her to date, and even harder watching her go, especially because he was doing it so she would know it was okay to be with the boy she actually loved.

Corran felt a warm arm slide around his waist, causing him to wrap an arm around his wife's shoulders. Mirax smiled up at him. "Don't you know that thinking is dangerous for Corsec agents?"

Corran pulled her close. "Why's that?"

"It's too much work; it gives them headaches," Mirax replied, kissing his cheek. She tilted her head, meeting his gaze. "You have that same pained look in your eyes that nearly every father here had when Han passed Jaina over to Jag."

"I don't want to be next."

"It won't take Lainey long, sweetie." She tightened her arm around his waist and lowered her voice. "She still wears his necklace."

Corran grimaced. "I know."

Mirax smiled, nuzzling his shoulder with her head. "Cheer up, Corran, soon you'll have little granddaughters you can overprotect."

Stiffening, Corran frowned. "You're not helping."

Laughing, Mirax took his hand and tugged him away from the now fleeing Jysella. "Perhaps you better join the Grieving Fathers group."

Corran didn't respond, but he allowed Mirax to lead him over to a table seating the Skywalkers and Solos. After exchanging greetings he sat down next to Mirax, folding his hands on top of the table. "I think I realize now why the old order of Jedi forbade love."

Han gave him a lopsided grin. "We dads can't take it?"

Corran nodded. "Exactly."

"No," Mara disagreed, holding up a messy faced Ariella. "This is why love was forbidden." The one year old grinned, blabbing out a few vowel sounds before shoving a cake covered fist into her mouth.

Luke smirked. "I think it's because love takes the edge off of Jedi women."

Mara kicked his leg underneath the table. "If I weren't holding our

5. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    I loved that scene when I first read it. It never ceases to make me laugh. ;) It's so cute! :D I love baby Sache. :)

6. TheBiggerFish

TheBiggerFish Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    *hugs Han tighter*

baby!! *hugs again*

anyways.....WOW!!

I loved the discussion about why marriage was forbidden. Very entertaining. Sache's so CUTE!!!!

ooo....Lukey and Mara have a daughter too? COOL!!! Ariella's such a pretty name. :D

well done mushymaster :D

7. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    THanks Jadeygirlie, and Fishie :) Hey... if you're all hugging Han... I want Lukie... or maybe Prince Richard... ;)

Anywho, Fishie, this is a link to Red Flight, tis written by Mommy, and is a wonderful story :)

8. TheBiggerFish

TheBiggerFish Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    oh btw, luney, I updated that other vignette I wrote, and I put in a little note at the beginning of the second post that I think you should read. :)

9. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    "She wore a frilly light purple dress that seemed too expensive to risk on a one -year- old."

Lol... very aptly put ;)

Well, isn't that baby Saché just the darndest? :p

The scene of poor Richard trying to be dignified was very fun.

On with the story! :)

10. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Looks interesting.

11. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I read the first post great job! but now i've gotta go to work :)

i'm intrigued and looking forward to more ;)

p

12. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    Golly, this conversation topic is just making the rounds today, ain't it? With increasingly amusing replies. [face_laugh] ROTFLOL! You're amazingly spry on your verbal feet, my dear.

Loved the dress line, and the way Corran responded quite easily to the Sache's questions. Every time Corran, Luke, etc. show up with a baby in public (thereby chipping a little more off the Austere Jedi Image) I grin like an idiot! :)

AHA! And the plot begins! I'm most curious to see how this turns out, and whether Lainey will or won't be left behind... Whatever happens, it will have to get worse before it gets better, so I'd probably better go polish my worrying circuits.

Villains: HIM?!? yuk. You're right, I already hate him. double yuk. But I shoulda known, given your talent for producing perfectly horrid bad guys from under the nearest rocks.

Sarah >^,,^<

13. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    Well, okay, so Mel hinted the other night that I should stop by here, as she said I wouldn't have to do as much background reading as I thought, and alas, here I am.

It's nice reading something Corran-related where I don't want to smack him, so in that respect, I'm already impressed. LOL.

-Tim

14. Trixter_Goddess

Trixter_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    Yeah! You started it. :)

I loved the discussions you've put of why love and marriage were forbidden. And the line of how Yoda couldn't get a date? ROFL! Perfect!
    Armand's dating someone else? Nooooooooooooo! :( He & Lainey will always be better together.[face_pout]
    Isn't baby Saché so cute? :D

Those were two wonderful posts. I can't wait for more of the story.

15. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Dads everywhere would be quite happy if their daughters never married. ;) Liked the adult conversation.

I'm surprised the two babies didn't start to investigate each other.

16. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Lovely little scene there, Lunetta, as you well know. ;) Saché is a little dear - and a holy terror. ;)

As for the rest of ya... I'll probably be posting the conclusion of chapter one tomorrow. Might just answer one of your questions, JKOW. ;) :p

Mel

17. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Great Second Post :)

18. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Sache8: I wonder why you would like baby Sache... ;) lol, thanks

starwarsfan1000: Thanks

jade51999: lol, thanks

Sarah_K:

Loved the dress line, and the way Corran responded quite easily to the Sache's questions. Every time Corran, Luke, etc. show up with a baby in public (thereby chipping a little more off the Austere Jedi Image) I grin like an idiot! lol, tis why I put them in such situations ;)

AHA! And the plot begins! I'm most curious to see how this turns out, and whether Lainey will or won't be left behind... Whatever happens, it will have to get worse before it gets better, so I'd probably better go polish my worrying circuits. you know me too well ;)

Villains: HIM?!? yuk. You're right, I already hate him. double yuk. But I shoulda known, given your talent for producing perfectly horrid bad guys from under the nearest rocks. lol! Well, villains have to be bad! ;)

Darth_Tim: lol! Well someone DID say they'd read a certain other story... so I'll take this one instead I suppose ;) Corran's decent eh? Good... I've gotten that before ;)

Trixter_Goddess: I sure did start it... with Mel! :)

Armand's dating someone else? Nooooooooooooo! He & Lainey will always be better together.[face_pout] YOu never know... you might like the girl! ;)
    Isn't baby Saché so cute? Sure... mischevious too ;)

RebelMom: I know MY dad would be happy ;) Thanks

jade51999: thanks :)

19. DarthSnuggles1121

DarthSnuggles1121 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Jysella wrinkled her nose. "Do you have to wear a dress to get married?"

Yeah, really! :p

A sly grin crossed Corran's lips. "Sure Jys, you can get married as soon as you're as old as Lainey."

*sigh* Fathers. ;)

"Don't you know that thinking is dangerous for Corsec agents?"

Corran pulled her close. "Why's that?"

"It's too much work; it gives them headaches,"

[face_laugh] Poor Corran. He'll never win, will he? ;)

Another fantastic post, Lunerly One! Loved the part where they were all discussing that old question, especially Mara's opinion on it. ;)

20. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    Darth_Tim: lol! Well someone DID say they'd read a certain other story... so I'll take this one instead I suppose Corran's decent eh? Good... I've gotten that before ;) >>

I will, Luney, I will, since you kept up your end of the deal. The problem is, I have a reading list currently as long as the Executor's personell roster, not to mention stuff I haven't updated in over a month...

-Tim

21. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Yes... Timmy boy... *coughsDueloftheFatescough* ;)

Course he can't win Fuzzybottom... he's male, and Corellian ;)

22. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    Kath! That post was cute! Although I'm seeing a plot creep in here. Darn ;) Poor Han, Awww to Baby Sache, Prince Richard sounds cute, and lol to Corran.

*thinks that about covers it ;)*

23. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    Phenomenal Post

~Lelila~

24. HandmaidenEirtae

HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2001
    Ooh, a postie! :D Wonderful post, Luney! Little Sache's so cute! That part with Mara's cake was adorible! "Hot!" :D More soon, please. Mely tipped me off about what is to happen in the next post, and I'll just say that I've been hoping that they'd grow "closer" ;) (*crosses her fingers and hopes desperately that they didn't change the order of the posts and that she's actually making sense*). Anyway... *applause!*
    Up!
    ~Eirtae

25. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I should be posting later today (I'm currently in a library, which makes it difficult to access things on my computer ;) ), but don't be surprised if the update date isn't changed until tomorrow. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.