main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why Love was Forbidden in the Old Jedi Order (NJO AU by Melyanna and Luney, sequel link up 11/13)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by padawan lunetta, Jan 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    *sneakily steals the 100th post*

2. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    UP!

You have my esteemed approval, Princess Luney! :) :D

3. TheBiggerFish

TheBiggerFish Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    And then the poking commenced

[face_laugh] They sound like me in the mornings! My parents once told me that when I was a baby and they woke me up, I would roll over and smile up at them. Now they wake me up and I roll over and growl at the wall, cursing the fact that I have parents. :p

Yay 100! :D

4. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    he he he..
    actually cute little kids are a nice way to wake up in the morning...

:) they're not mean about it..just persistant...

5. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    Lovely post you two. Yes, Lainey should tell Armand, specially since I read their "break-up"... That was stupid Lainey... Ugh, you have to hate little terrors... I mean angelic children who jostle you from the bliss of sleep early in the morning. Mara, you're turning your children into monsters... stop that.

6. HandmaidenEirtae

HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2001
    Wonderful posts!

Somehow, he always ended up dead before she had the chance to tell him she loved him, murdered by the girl he'd chosen to love instead.

Oh dear. Well, I'm happy to say that my day-mares about the guys I like never get that dramatic.

but it's your fight, Lainey."

Fight, Lainey, fight! Er,... Hey, we never got to hear who Miranda's in love with! *glares at authors.* Why do I have the feeling that was done on purpose?

More soon please!

~Eirtae

7. Trixter_Goddess

Trixter_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    Hehe!

"Master Skywalker, what's going on?" Julie asked, groggily.

"You three needed a wake-up call. These two needed to expend some energy," Mara replied with a small smile.

[face_laugh] ROFL. That was funny. And even better..

"Master, is this another of those birth control things?"

Mara laughed. "If you take it that way, then yes."

"Umm, Nadia, is there something you need to tell us about you and Jacen?"

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] There are good things about kids. (Their cute, their lovey, etc.) But, there are also bad things about them. (Just read the last post and you'll get my drift.)

Plus I loved the talk between Helaine/Miranda. I hope Lainey takes Miranda's advice.

8. Zara_Rose

Zara_Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    And people wonder why I don't want children...

Good post, melikes!

9. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    Great post. The reference to 'birth control' was hilarious. [face_laugh]

FYI several parents in my school district tried to have the school starting times reversed. Presently, the high school students have to get the buses at 6:30 a.m. While the elementary students get the bus at 8:30 a.m.
    Reality check, which group of kids are up early and who are trying to sleep????? :eek: The proposal never was taken seriously.

~Lelila~

10. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    *surreptitiously ups* :D

11. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    **whips out special Naboo Royal Slingshot ® for an up**

You two should feel special, this is only the second fic I've actually used this on ;)

:D

12. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    I read this yesterday, and then got pulled off the computer before I could post. You should have seen me: hanging onto the mouse for dear life and yelling, "NO! Must... compliment... girls... on... funny... post? LEGGO!" It was loud.

SO: You guys are 2 much! Between Miranda's outlook on boyfriends, Corran's grouchy padawan, Mara's disgustingly cheerful smile, and the appearance of little kids in the wee hours (you must have siblings like mine, Mely) you had me giggling constantly! I didn't know you were into padawan torture... ;) Strike that from the record. If I don't know by now, then I am *seriously* damaged in the head.

And so the torment begins. It'll only get worse once the poor girl actually winds up on the same *planet* as Prince Charming. Oy. How much do any of you want to bet that Lainey, while no Cianna, may yet be seeing just a tad of the rough waters ahead? The question in my mind is whether our girl will wind up winning Armand back before or after the rapids are navigated... I rather hope before. ;)

Now, don't even start to scold me for theorizing ahead of my data, Luney! I know perfectly well that it's a flaw of mine. A further flaw is listing all my weird ideas out for you authoresses to either whistle over (if I turn out to be correct), or, more likely, snort over (if I turn out to be utterly wrong). :p

Great work, girls!

Sarah >^,,^<

13. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Saché: Heh, you should read the original joke in "Red Flight". ;)

Mom: Jedi or not, they're still teenagers. :p

Gimpy: Hi! Glad to see you've made it around. :)

Fishylady: Heh, that sounds like me in the morning... ;)

jade51999: Eh, waking up is waking up. :p But yes, children are better than adults at waking up teenagers.

Mara: Well, I think Lainey should tell Armand. ;) And they're not monsters - just efficient. :D

Taé: Heh, mine never get that traumatic either. ;) And I'd tell you who Miranda's in love with, but Luney might just kill me. ;)

Trixter: Heh, you should read Mom's "Red Flight" - the birth control line was a little tribute to my favorite line of that story. :)

Zara: Eh, I figure that the good parts outweigh the bad parts. ;)

Lelila: I've heard of those propositions before - I think the reason they typically don't pass is that they don't want little children outside in winter when it's still relatively dark outside. I guess they figure high school kids don't run out into the streets as much. ;)

Sarah: Ah, the novelist strikes again... ;)

I read this yesterday, and then got pulled off the computer before I could post. You should have seen me: hanging onto the mouse for dear life and yelling, "NO! Must... compliment... girls... on... funny... post? LEGGO!" It was loud.

Heehee! Glad to know you had some enthusiasm for it. :)

SO: You guys are 2 much! Between Miranda's outlook on boyfriends, Corran's grouchy padawan, Mara's disgustingly cheerful smile, and the appearance of little kids in the wee hours (you must have siblings like mine, Mely) you had me giggling constantly! I didn't know you were into padawan torture... wink.gif Strike that from the record. If I don't know by now, then I am *seriously* damaged in the head.

Yep, we're into torture of any kind... And actually, I'm the youngest in my family. But I have a cousin twelve years younger than me, and a few years ago when we were at Grandma's house for Christmas she woke me up that way. If she hadn't looked so cute, I might have smacked her. ;)

And so the torment begins. It'll only get worse once the poor girl actually winds up on the same *planet* as Prince Charming. Oy. How much do any of you want to bet that Lainey, while no Cianna, may yet be seeing just a tad of the rough waters ahead? The question in my mind is whether our girl will wind up winning Armand back before or after the rapids are navigated... I rather hope before.

*whistles Handel*

Now, don't even start to scold me for theorizing ahead of my data, Luney! I know perfectly well that it's a flaw of mine. A further flaw is listing all my weird ideas out for you authoresses to either whistle over (if I turn out to be correct), or, more likely, snort over (if I turn out to be utterly wrong).

I think it'll be fun either way. ;)

*~*~*~*

Thanks, everyone! :)

Mel

14. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Uppeth this posteth! :D

**sneaks off with unnamed Naboo Royal Guard ®**

I don't think you'll be needing him for awhile, so I'm just gonna... borrow.. him ;)

**dashes off**

15. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    I feel like that everyday about crawling out of bed....and I can't imagine having kids waking me up....I wouldn't advise it. They might get hurt :D

YAY, at least hopefully Lainey will be put into a situation where she and Armand are around each other!

Good post you two! :D

16. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    *grabs Pavol away from Sache by the ear* Hey now... ;)

Oh I'm sure there'll be a *situation* JKOW...but would they take advantage of it? ;)

17. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Don't ask ME that, Luney, you're one of the writers!!!!

I should HOPE so, however! :D

Off to try and figure my way through my writers block....

18. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    **grabs fistfull of Pavol's muscle shirt and drags him back**

Mine! Or I will help you not!

**realizes that she's not actually helping in any regard whatsover**

Okay, it was just a habitual quote :p

**sneaks out the back door with guard in hand and locks it behind her**

19. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    HEY!!! *considers Disciplining Handmaiden* ;)

20. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    Maybe I ought to seriously consider changing my user name to 'The Novelist'. :p

UP!

Sarah >^,,^<

21. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Wonderful writing ladies - I like the pointer over here to find this one . Thanks so much
    Reb

22. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Thanks Reb... I see you've been a member here awhile! :)

23. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    All conversation of Armand and Lainey aside - wait... umm, never mind. ;)

And Saché, I'm going to need him back. ;)

(The first scene is Luney's, and the second scene is mine. :) )

*~*~*~*

As soon as she was fully dressed, Lainey met Master Horn outside in the hall. "Morning, Master. " She greeted him with a yawn.

"Good morning, Lainey," Master Horn returned, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and pulling her close. "How was your night?"

"Fine," Lainey said, raising an eyebrow at him. Though it was normal for Master Horn to put his arm around her shoulders, he seemed to pull her closer and hold her tighter than usual. Noting a slight sadness shading his eyes, she slid her arm around his waist. "What's wrong?"

Master Horn shook his head. "Nothing, sweetie." He started guiding her down the hall.

Lainey frowned. "You're lying."

"You lied about your night," Master Horn countered.

Lainey pursed her lips. "Okay, we're even."

"Are we supposed to keep secrets from each other?" Master Horn asked.

"Only when it's girly stuff, Master."

"Oh...well, I can assure you mine is not." He winked at her.

Lainey had to smile. "I'm glad!" She cocked her head. "That means you can tell me."

Master Horn puffed out his chest. "Sorry, Lainey, it's manly stuff."

Lainey laughed, "Then I definitely don't want to hear it!" She said, then looked up at him. "Do you know what our mission is about?"

"Patience, padawan," Corran replied, squeezing her shoulders. "You'll learn soon enough."

"Hmmm," Lainey said, remembering that Taima had mentioned a mission, where Julie could talk some sense into Armand... "Does it have anything to do with Naboo?" she asked suddenly.

Master Horn stiffened. "You'll know soon enough, Padawan."

I thought so lay still on her tongue, held back by her Master's sudden dark mood. Lainey raised her chin in an attempt to look regal. "Certainly, Master." She knew it was Naboo that they were going to, but she didn't want to go. There had to be something they needed to do on Coruscant. So she wouldn' t have to face Armand, and even worse than him, Eveliene.

*~*~*~*

Nadia Montaigne's wet hair left a trail of scented water in the hall as she walked, braiding her black curls up while making her way to the meeting. The white jumpsuit had probably been a bad idea, as her hair had left the back of it wet, but it was too late to change clothes now. It would dry eventually. The braid was probably messy too, but anyone who commented on how she looked would be forced to babysit the Skywalker kids for a month.

Thumb and forefinger of her left hand gripping the finished end of her long braid, she tugged at the white ribbon she held between her lips. As she tied her hair up with the ribbon, she suddenly sensed a presence attempting a mask, but not quite getting there. Jacen!

Nadia let him think that she was completely unaware, till it was too late for him to change his mind. As he attempted to grab her around her waist, she swung around with one arm outstretched and knocked him to the wall. A couple seconds later, she had him pinned, smiling, and said, "Good morning, Jacen dear."

Jacen groaned and let his head hit the wall. "I never should have let you go anywhere with Mara," he commented wryly.

"Too late for that, and I think setting me up as her apprentice was your idea."

"True."

By that time, Nadia had pulled back away from him, but Jacen continued to lean against the wall. He drew her into his arms, and Nadia willingly complied as he tipped his head down to kiss her. It was a sweet morning kind of kiss, with all the tenderness of dew forming on wild grass. But there was enough of a hint of passion to set Nadia's pulse racing, wrapping her arms around his neck in pure contentment.

He pulled away shortly thereafter and said, "Good morning to you too."

Nadia rolled her eyes. "How late were you up last night?"

Jacen yawned. "Very. I've been back on Coruscant for a day, and already I've been to a wedding and been called to a med

24. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Ahh the vague "woman" problems....seems to shut a man up every time. :D :D
    Lainey doesn't sound to enthused about going...well tough..haha.

The whole Nadia/Jacen scene was just: :D [face_mischief] then [face_love] :) with Jysella.

Great job you guys. ;)

25. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    They sure do JKOW... I wouldn't be enthused either! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.