main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why Love was Forbidden in the Old Jedi Order (NJO AU by Melyanna and Luney, sequel link up 11/13)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by padawan lunetta, Jan 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Thanks Jaya, I thought it was cute as well! Have to check with Mely when we can post more!

2. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Congrats on the nomination! :)

3. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Congrats on the nomination. :)

4. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Thanks for the congratulations, we're flattered, of course, though don't you know that excerpts are a lot of work??? ;)

5. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Yeah... and Typo and I have to do three of them. I just have to figure out which ones to do! (I'm asking my readers... I mean, our, readers for their opinion since they're the ones that nominated us.) Now I just have to pick them, a favorite quotation (from what?), a summary... blah. :) But I'm terribly flattered to have to do all of that! :)

6. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Hmm...good idea! (Congrats on the Noms, by the way. :))

What beeth your favorite parts or quote??? (goes for any of you ;))

7. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Heh... I just discovered more categories that Typo and I are up for. Geez, and I thought I had them all. Guess not.

I'll look for a favorite quotation! :)

8. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Here's a few! Hope they help! :)

"No," Armand responded sternly. "I am not giving you an excuse to shirk your duties, Captain." He smiled slightly. "If I should allow that, next thing I'd know, you would be Prince and I captain of your guard."

Pavol smirked. "Lieutenant."

-----

"Armand," she said, looking away, "this is going to sound strange. . . ."

He frowned. "What?"

Lainey blushed. "How soon can we have the wedding?"

-----

"I'm beginning to think Nadia may have been right," Jacen said, cocking his head. "About you getting into the infirmary just to flirt with me."

-----

"I don't like the gist of your thought," Corran said.

Luke blinked a few times. "I wasn't brooding."

"No, but your thougths were morbid enough to make even Lainey cringe," the Corellian replied. "Do you sense something?"

"Nothing more than the usual impending doom and despair." Luke folded his arms across his chest. "Do you ever regret being Force sensitive?"

-----

Pavol crouched down beside him, but facing the other way. "That was stupid."

Surprised, the Prince spared a glance at his friend before ducking a blaster bolt. "Thanks."

"Any time." Pavol smiled. With that, he fired again.

-----

"Any more obvious statements you'd like me to make?" Pavol asked, checking the level of his blaster.

"Got any lines about dying for your planet?"

Pavol turned over his shoulder and fired several times into the heart of the Klion force. "'Give me liberty or give me death'?"

Armand thought about it for a minute. "Doesn't really work."

"Yeah, you're right. I'll think of something else."

9. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    I'd forgotten that one of Jacen's about Lainey getting into the infirmary to flirt. that's a good one.

10. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Thanks so much Jaya, those are excellent suggestions. (THough is saying that cocky? Maybe just the ones Mely wrote are. ;))

Pavol has quite the mouth in this story. ;)

Jacen too, eh Mummy? ;)

11. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Heh... and that was only going back a few pages! They're all fun. :)

12. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    I found this part really funny out of one of those that I suggested.

"Do you sense something?"

"Nothing more than the usual impending doom and despair." Luke folded his arms across his chest.

13. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Hhehe thanks again Jaya. :) Hmm...we really SHOULD post to this...

14. jedi_elijah

jedi_elijah Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2004
    is there some more parts to the "why love was forbidden in the old jedi order"? because i really liked these stories. u should make more.

15. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    oops, didnt mean to post this!

16. hollynkesten

Mar 29, 2004
    THat depends on what youve read so far..... ya definentally depends, ill let Luney or Mely list them, but that i know of theres like 8 that have atleast mention of either, Armand, Pavol, Lainey, Julya, or Nadia. and the authors that i know of that have written are Mely, Luney and RebelMom

17. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Oh my,
    time for more
    Reb

18. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yay! Luney and Mel. I've started this one now. Love the first post - meeting all the characters and getting a grip on who's who. I also like your version of Naboo society.

It wasn't long before Cianna Darklighter entered the garden alone, wisps of blonde hair flirting with her cheeks and nose. Lovely image. :)

The characterisations are super. Such a varied and interesting group. :)

19. RosyRedFinguredDawn

RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Very funny stuff. Now what lead to Lainey's sudden desire to be married NOW?
    ~Rosy

20. hollynkesten

Mar 29, 2004
    more?? pretty pleasE?

21. Zara_Rose

Zara_Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Post soon?

22. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    jedi_elijah:

is there some more parts to the "why love was forbidden in the old jedi order"? because i really liked these stories. u should make more. Do you mean the stories that come before this? The story itsself is just part of a series. :) Thank you

Holly's right about there being quite a few in the series...let me see if I can think of them all. By Melyanna: Clouded Memories (Julie's back story), In the Wake of Glory, (Nadia and kind of Cianna's) Of Pilots and Jedi (started the whole thing kind of), Into the Unknown (Takes place during WLWF and its sequel). (Links are in here profile).

Rebelmom: Red Flight (Takes place after Shadows) (I can find the link if you like)

Sache: Dance with the Stars (Takes place during TPM and begins to show why Naboo is the way it is in Shadows) (I can find the link if you like)

By me: Shadows of a Past Long Forgotten (Lainey's back story) and Interpretations of the Force. (prequel to Shadows) (Links are in my profile)

REBADAMS7:

Oh my,
    time for more
    Definitely!

Tahi:

Yay! Luney and Mel. I've started this one now. Love the first post - meeting all the characters and getting a grip on who's who. I also like your version of Naboo society. Thank you :D It's fun. Though you know this will spoil Shadows ;)

It wasn't long before Cianna Darklighter entered the garden alone, wisps of blonde hair flirting with her cheeks and nose. Lovely image. I thought so too :)

The characterisations are super. Such a varied and interesting group. Thank you :)

RosyRedFinguredDawn:

Very funny stuff. Now what lead to Lainey's sudden desire to be married NOW? Who can say? ;)

Sorry guys, we havent' abandoned this story, we've just been busy this summer, and since it is nearing it's end, it's a little tougher to write. We have most of it finished though, in fact the epilogue is already written. :)

I really hope to get more up soon!

23. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Post! It's July already!

I'll wait patiently. :)

24. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    =D= Big round of applause for our wonderful authors who won an award in the SFFA for best multiple author story. [face_dancing] It was well deserved. *RM gives each author a bouquet of @};- *

25. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Yeah, congrats guys! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.