main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why Love was Forbidden in the Old Jedi Order (NJO AU by Melyanna and Luney, sequel link up 11/13)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by padawan lunetta, Jan 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Since you won, we get a post. Right? Huh, huh? ;)

2. RosyRedFinguredDawn

RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Congratulations!
    ~Rosy

3. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    i know your going to continue, you said so online the other night... so i hope you get to it soon!!!!! prett please w/ a cherry on top???

4. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Please, I need releif from summer coursework!
    Financial Accounting and Statistics and now !! Chemistry!
    Arhg
    helllp
    Reb

5. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
  6. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Come on! Post already! ;) Still waiting... not quite so patiently. :)

7. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Up again!

8. hollynkesten

Mar 29, 2004
    Luney - im going to go back to my reign (if you werent elsewhere then, ask your sister what i mean) if there is not any story up by August Second!!! and thats a promise!!!!!

9. Zara_Rose

Zara_Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
  10. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Up. Knowing my luck a post will finally be up once I have little to no access to the net. So that means next week, right? ;)

11. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Hey guys, just checking in. Hoping for some stuff soon...

UP You go..

12. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    I'm getting my wisdom teeth out on Thursday and a post would really cheer me up... ;)

13. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    We're trying, we're trying....been a horrid busy summer... just one scene left to write though!

14. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Here it is ;)
    Two posts left after this!

On the third day of her stay in the infirmary, Lainey was certain all of her muscles had turned to liquid from misuse. With her injured knee, there were only so many positions she could change on the bed, and her legs were starting to fall asleep regularly. Her "room" was hardly private, and voices from the other patients and medical staff kept her awake half the night. Solana seemed to think she needed her own private room, and Armand certainly endorsed the idea, but Lainey hadn't wanted one.

Being alone reminded her too much of battle against Eorlin. At least recovering from it anyway, when she'd no longer needed a healer continually. It had been rather boring and lonely when she was actually awake, and she liked the presence of someone nearby. Even if they did snore at night. Lainey pursed her lips, suddenly wondering if Armand snored. What if she did? Would he tell her? Miranda hadn't said anything, but she was a really heavy sleeper. Julie was a light sleeper - perhaps she?d know or at least tell her.

Master Horn's head peeked through the curtains. "Morning, Lainey."

"Hey," Lainey said, smiling slightly. "You seem a little surprised."

"Well, it isn't midday yet," Master Horn said, winking at her. "Thought I'd have to throw some cold water on you."

Lainey shook her head. "Sorry to disappoint, Master."

Master Horn grinned, taking the chair by her bed, moving it close to her. "I'll get you next time. I spoke to your future in laws today."

"About?" Lainey asked curiously.

"They've asked that your Knighting ceremony be held on Naboo, and are willing to make the necessary arrangements for it," Master Horn answered, meeting her gaze. "Even to fly anyone you would want to be there."

Lainey's eyes widened slightly. "Why?"

He smiled. "They would like to honor the apprentices who helped save their world along with the rest of the galaxy."

"That would be good," Lainey said, returning his smile. Then a slight twinge in her right knee caused her to frown. She and Armand had been hoping to be married within a few weeks, but anyone she would want at the wedding would be at the Knighting Ceremony, and she could hardly ask them to come back again after just a short time.

"You don't seem very happy about it, Lainey," Master Horn pointed out, frowning slightly. "Why?"

Lainey shook her head. "I do think it's a good idea, Master."

He leaned forward. "But?"

"It's just that, well..." She turned her head, blushing slightly. "It means that Armand and I would probably have to postpone the wedding."

"I'm not tracking," Master Horn said, raising an eyebrow. "The ceremony would be held pretty soon after we landed."

Lainey nodded. "That's the trouble, Master Horn. I could hardly ask the people who came to the Knighting to return to Naboo within such a short period of time."

Master Horn frowned. "Six to eight months isn't too short a time. Though a year might be better."

"Did you and Mirax wait so long?" Lainey asked knowingly, tipping her head to the side.

He didn't answer. "Just how long were you two planning?"

Lainey forced herself to hold his gaze. "A few weeks."

"Weeks?" Master Horn choked out.

"Well, I've worn his necklace two years. We wish to marry, we know we love each other. The Queen has already jumped on preparations, why wait?" Lainey asked. "Looks like we might have to wait because of my stupid knee." She said, sighing heavily.

Master Horn smiled, clasping her shoulder. "Sounds good."

Lainey raised an eyebrow, unable to tell if he was serious or joking. "Because it could take over a month?"

"Or a few days." Master Horn reminded her. "It all depends on the availability of bacta."

"So we could marry the day after the ceremony." Lainey mused, grinning at him.

Master Horn paled slightly. "Yes." He then reached out, mussing her hair. "So eager to get rid of me, are you?"

Shocked, it took Lainey

15. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Now, she couldn't find the strength to do so, and marveled that she'd ever tried. Now, it would be like suppressing the urge to breathe. He kissed her again, and distantly she wondered why love was forbidden in the Old Jedi order.

Love it !
    Just Love It!!!
    Thanks
    Who says that Friday the 13th can't be lucky

Reb

16. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Ah, I think you just love writing mushy med-center scenes. ;) Corran should stop being overprotective and hurry her out the door. she's probably expensive to feed.

Great last line - I love title tie ins and that one was good.

17. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    AWESOME!

ROCK ON!

I was all excited when I saw a new post. And it was great, sad though that there's only two posts left...
    :(

Till next time.

18. Zara_Rose

Zara_Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
  19. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Wonderful! Absolutely wonderful! Well worth the wait. :) Hehe. It made me giggle a lot. Very cute and sweet. Just two more posts? :( That's sad. But I still look forward to more. :)

20. hollynkesten

Mar 29, 2004
    Luney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your a doll... you seriously just totally made my day, although, im still waiting for the others, so you have two more chances to make my day, and i dont doubt you will make the wait worth my while!!! cant wait for her to get out of Bacta! and LOVED the mush! (but i think you knew that)

21. padawan feline

padawan feline Jedi Master star 3

May 26, 1999
    Oh dear, you know, I think I know why love was forbidden... but you already know my theory... ;)

hehe... glad I finally got the chance to get all caught up with this story! It's very good, and very well written. My compliments to the authoresses. :D

Although, I am still wondering why you chose to have the last scene in Yoda's perspective. But I did like how you finally had him admit that he was Obi-Wan's father. That was so touching!

22. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    REBADAMS7:

Love it !
    Just Love It!!!
    Thanks
    Who says that Friday the 13th can't be lucky
    lol! Thanks! I was rather proud of that last part too. :D

RebelMom: Mommy!

Ah, I think you just love writing mushy med-center scenes. Well, you know me... ;)

Corran should stop being overprotective and hurry her out the door. she's probably expensive to feed. lol! Most likely ;)

Great last line - I love title tie ins and that one was good. Thanks! I was very proud of it!

jade51999:

AWESOME!

ROCK ON!
    Thanks!

I was all excited when I saw a new post. And it was great, sad though that there's only two posts left... We're excited....I'm kind of sad though ;)

Zara_Rose:

Melikes! Thanks!

Jaya Solo:

Wonderful! Absolutely wonderful! Well worth the wait. Hehe. It made me giggle a lot. Very cute and sweet. Heheh thanks :-D

Just two more posts? That's sad. But I still look forward to more. They're really good. (I can say that because their both Mely's ;))

hollynkesten:

Luney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your a doll... you seriously just totally made my day, although, im still waiting for the others, so you have two more chances to make my day, and i dont doubt you will make the wait worth my while!!! cant wait for her to get out of Bacta! and LOVED the mush! (but i think you knew that) Awww thanks! Glad to hear it :)

padawan feline:

Oh dear, you know, I think I know why love was forbidden... but you already know my theory... Because kissing is embarrasing? ;)

hehe... glad I finally got the chance to get all caught up with this story! It's very good, and very well written. My compliments to the authoresses. Thanks! :)

Although, I am still wondering why you chose to have the last scene in Yoda's perspective. But I did like how you finally had him admit that he was Obi-Wan's father. That was so touching! I am SO glad you caught that! I was afraid no one would! But, what are sisters for? ;)

23. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Armand walked into the infirmary, despite his wishes that he never enter that abhominable place again. He was glad that it was not for himself or for Lainey that he visited the place, but that gave him little cheer. Seeing Pavol in such need of medical help made him sick to his stomach, but he went anyway. They had to talk.

Pavol was sitting up when Armand entered the room. When the door slid open, he looked up and nodded. "Milord."

Armand smiled slightly. "At ease, Captain," he said, amused by his friend's perennial formality.

"How is Lady Daris?" Pavol asked, his voice raspy.

The Prince pulled up a chair and sat next to his friend. "Julya is doing well, though she's hardly slept since we started back to Naboo."

"Is there much work in the infirmary?"

Armand shook his head. "Most of the injuries were sent to the Light this time. You, the three wounded Jedi, and a handful of others were kept here." He stared into Pavol's grey eyes. "She's not been sleeping because she's worried sick about you."

Pavol looked away, and Armand found it a little odd that he was about to give a lecture to a man who was not only his best friend, but also a year older. Usually his lectures were confined to those who were at most his age, if not a little younger. "I think I know where this is going, milord," the guard said.

"Do you?" questioned Armand.

"You want to talk with me about my marrying her."

Armand nodded. "In part, yes, but mostly about what you are going to do about it. I can tell you quite plainly that Lord Daris will not look favorably on his oldest and?though he would never admit it?favorite child marrying a member of the royal guard." He held up his hand to ward off Pavol's protest. "It has nothing to do with you or your birth, Pavol. Hayllar Daris will not see his daughter and heir married to someone whose occupation is to risk his life every day, even in service to the planet."

Pavol closed his eyes. "His reasoning in that would be sound." He looked up. "But idleness has never suited me, milord."

"It never did." Armand sighed. "Pavol, I respected your choice to join the royal guard after you graduated from the Royal Academy, but I never wanted you as one of my guards. I never want to see my guards actually have to protect me, but you?Pavol, you've been a brother to me for twelve years now. I never wanted to see this."

"I know, Armand," Pavol replied. "I never wanted to see you in such danger that I would have to protect you that way."

The Prince kept his gaze firmly on Pavol's face. "I do not want to stand with my cousin and comfort her at your funeral, Pavol. I will not see her a widow before her time."

Pavol closed his eyes, and after a while, he nodded. "Then you will have my resignation when we reach Naboo."

There was silence in the room for a little while before Armand said, "You've been the best guard I've ever had, Pavol, and for that I thank you. But now I want you to make my cousin a good husband."

For the first time in days, the guard smiled. "I hope to, sir. I hope to."

Armand rose to go. "There's one more thing, though."

"Yes, sir?"

He smiled slightly. "I know this would be worse to you than idleness," he said, "but I've recommended you for knighthood. My father has given permission for me to dub you as soon as you're released from the infirmary."

Pavol paled slightly. "You're not serious."

Armand nodded. "I am. You've done more for this family than most of the Naboo would do in a lifetime. The least we can do is raise you to the nobility for your own actions, not for marrying into the family."

Unexpectedly, he smiled. "You mean that marrying Julya isn't heroic enough?"

The Prince laughed. "I'll be sure not to tell Julya that you said that. She might beat us both."

"I could take her," Pavol replied, a smug look on his face.

Armand raised a brow. "You do realize that our wives will have an avenue of punishing us, doing nothing."

The guard smiled. "I believe that is exactly how they

24. tj2005

tj2005 Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2004
    That was beautiful, I love this story....

25. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Sad about Julie leaving the order, but it is good to know that not all will become Jedi. It's certainly a timeconsuming and difficult task to complete.

I can't believe how close we are to the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.