Why Love was Forbidden in the Old Jedi Order (NJO AU by Melyanna and Luney, sequel link up 11/13)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by padawan lunetta, Jan 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan feline Force Ghost

star 3
    Very nicely done, I enjoyed the Lukie narrative emensely. :D

I especially liked the part where he mentioned his chiss heritage! ANd I liked how you so aptly stated that Yoda would never approve of his half breeding. Very nicely put, and intriguing to say the least. :D

2. jade51999 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That last post was beautifully written, especially the last section with luke.

3. padawan feline Force Ghost

star 3
    Still waiting for that next post... ;) Come on, haven't Armande and Lainey waited long enough to get married yet?! ;)

4. Jaya Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Aw, so sweet! :) Wonderfully done!
  5. hollynkesten Force Ghost

star 3
    pf, i couldnt agree more and Luney, are you planning on doing what you told me of months and months and months ago??? oh, and another thing, i hope that you have mush in the next part, im in desperate need of it, and umm.. hmm what else, i absolutly loved that post, although i wish it could have lasted longer, and dont more in depth on some of the things, i'm waiting for a little more on the Jacen and Nadia ;) and can't wait for the wedding, and wishing it could be a quadruple wedding, but of course, then there would be no next time, which i iby the way fully expect!!! Keep up the awesome work! and sorry it took me so long to respond, i was on vacation
  6. REBADAMS7 Jedi Master

star 4
    Luke's narrative did a wonderful job of covering a lot of ground without feeling rushed!
    Well done
    Reb
  7. Myri_Antilles Jedi Master

star 4
    <runs into thread screaming> I found this a few days ago and I LOVE IT!!!! It is excellently written! Only one problem: I thought when I started this that it would be done and I wouldn't have to wait for more... <sobs> I normally don't like quite that much mush, but it's so sweet... <sighs> This is lovely! Absolutely lovely! Are there any more stories planned? Do you need any ideas for more stories? ;) :p

Oh, and I really liked having Luke narrate that part. It's fun seeing the other Jedi through his eyes. You write him very well. :)
  8. JediMaster_Fisto Jedi Knight

star 1
    please post the next one! please!?
  9. padawan feline Force Ghost

star 3
    MORE, MORE, MORE, MORE, MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please?!

I am really curious to see how Lukie handles the stitches he has to get, and to see if Yoda will kiss it better for him! ;)
  10. Zara_Rose Jedi Master

star 4
    It's been a while since I've posted here, but I'm still reading. One more post to go? Wow. Great story, melikes!
  11. Melyanna Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, folks, I think the Grateful Dead summed it up best: what a long, strange trip it's been.

This story first developed as a conversation between Luney and me back in the winter of 2002. As you can see, it took a while for it to come to fruition, but I think we'd both say it's been worth it. And I hope you guys do too.

We never could have got through this without our magnificent readers. Not many would sit through a story of this length, especially when it's primarily concerned with OCs. Luney and I are eternally grateful that you did, whether you started when we did or last week. You guys are the best part of fan fiction.

Someone asked whether or not we'd be writing more of these characters. To be honest, we don't know. We've got ideas, but Luney is working on an awesome original novel, and I've branched off into other fandoms. Plus I've got an original work of my own waiting in the wings. But maybe ? maybe. In the meantime, though, there are several other stories written in this story arc which might interest you, if you haven't read them already.

Louisa May Alcott wrote at the end of one of her books that it would be much easier to say that everyone was swallowed up in an earthquake instead of explaining what happened to each of them in their lives after the story ended. I'd tend to agree. But we can safely say that while life is never happily-ever-after, it can be happy. And that's where we'll leave our beloved cast of characters. . . for now.

And so, without further ado, the epilogue.

*~*~*~*

The plomb trees were in full bloom and depositing their blossoms to the balcony and the river below it in the light breeze. The day couldn't have been any more perfect.

In a chamber which led onto the balcony, Helaine Trillium stood, looking out the glass doors to the river and the city beyond. Attending her was a small army of handmaidens, helping her dress and arranging her hair. She had tried to talk them out of the makeup, but Solana had explained the significance of the light layer of white paint on her face. It was a symbol of her purity; to not wear it would have caused a scandal.

Finally, the filmy veil was draped over her and a silver crown placed atop her head. Lainey turned to a mirror to survey the result. The white gown, shot through with strands of fine silver, looked far more regal than Lainey thought was appropriate for someone of her birth, and for a Jedi. It was an off-the-shoulder affair, too, something Armand would doubtless like, but she wasn't sure she was comfortable with this appearance. Skeptical, she turned to Solana. "What do you think?"

Solana looked her over before curtseying deeply. "It becomes you well, Highness."

Lainey blushed slightly. She was going to have to get used to this new title in a hurry.

The door to the corridor opened then, admitting Master Horn and Mirax. Lainey turned partially to look at them, to see soft looks of awe on their faces. Mirax was the first to speak. "You look beautiful, Lainey," she said.

Lainey smiled and looked at her former Master, the man who would be giving her to Armand in just a little while. Corran seemed unable to speak. Finally, he came up to her and hugged her, careful of her veil and makeup. "I love you," she whispered, fighting the tears that threatened.

"Love you too, sweetie," he replied. He pulled back to look at her. "He doesn't deserve you, you know."

She laughed, knowing that that was what she needed to hear - and that she'd hear it often for the next several years. "I know, Master. And yet you're letting me marry him anyway."

"Anything to make you happy." He offered her his arm. "They're ready to begin."

Lainey slipped her hand under his arm, and as they walked to the door, he added, "You're going to have to change into something that covers more, Princess."

She laughed softly as they walked onto the balcony and Mirax followed. Waiting for them were the King and Queen, Master Skywalker, Mara, Jariath and Miranda, Devon, Richard, Taima, Saché, Julie and h
  12. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    wow, 2 years. Seems so long ago.

Nice ending. I loved the last paragraph.

Great job, ladies.
  13. JainaSolo-16 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hello,

That was a WONDERFUL ending to an even more WONDERFUL story!! I don't think that I have replied to this story before but I must say that it is AMAZING! I have loved every moment of it. You both are teriffic writers.

Because I have loved it so much that I have to say that I hope that you continue it in another story, but will understand if you don't.

Thank you for such a wonderful story!

JainaSolo-16
  14. hollynkesten Force Ghost

star 3
    Oh my god!!! i can't believe its actually done, i remember first reading it when Luney put it up then abandoned it, and so i switched here, and the whole bout seems like yesterday. It was an awesome story, and i really hope you two go through with plans to make a sequel. I loved the story, and all that come with it, they are awesome! and im so glad you both took time out of you schedules these past two years to write this story. It was awesome! and i loved it loved it loved it! I hope you enjoyed wrting it, as much as i enjoyed reading it, and good luck on your other stories!
  15. JediMaster_Fisto Jedi Knight

star 1
    that was a good ending. i hope u will b able 2 write more.
  16. padawan feline Force Ghost

star 3
    HOLY COW!!!!! That was a very good ending you guys! Very cute, and very well written. *sniffle* hard to believe it's over now... well for now at least. ;)

I'm really glad you still managed to work in Obi-Wan and Yoda fighting over their favorite toy lightsaber, it really added to the general mood of the story. ;) BTW, I didn't appreciate the major cliff hangar... I mean come on, wasn't this the last post? ;)

(Sorry Melyanna... I hope you know that luney and I have this joke... I'm sure she's explained it before to you. If not... well let's just say that I am her sister... and that should explain my random comments. ;) You two really did do a good job with this. :D Thanks for posting the last scene!)
  17. jade51999 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Melyanna and Padawan Lunetta.

Thank you for over two years of an absolutly wonderful story. You two have inspired me to work harder to develop my own writing skills through your abilities to create charachters that are not only inspiring in their own right, but fall into their own place of Star Wars FF.

That was a beautiful last post, to see Lainey and Armand finally come together through so many trials..both vividly and emotionally fantastic.

Thank you!!

MTFBWYA
    Jade :)
  18. Zara_Rose Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow. I can't believe it's over. That was beautiful. It's probably too soon to ask if there's a sequel planned, but is there?
  19. Sache8 Force Ghost

star 4
    From me to y'all, a lovely, sparkling, polished longevity trophy ;)

Seriously, way to stick it out. This story is the source of many a fond memory for me. :)

*takes off with Pavol in the unliklihood of a sequel* :D
  20. JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Awww what a sweet ending you guys. That was an awesome fic!

I expect you both to get published some day ;)
  21. Jaya Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow. Oh my. That was stupendous! I almost cried. That was a wonderful, sweet, simplistic, and very moving ceremony! I'm sorry to see this story go, but it was wonderful!
  22. Myri_Antilles Jedi Master

star 4
    <swoons> Oh, that was just wonderful... :D :D :D :D :D

I like how you made the wedding slightly different than what weddings here are like. Since it's a different culture, it's nice to see their different customs. :)
  23. RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Knight

star 3
    My goodness, I can't beleive its all over. Thanks for all the work you guys put in. It was a great trip.
    ~Rosy
  24. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    RebelMom:

wow, 2 years. Seems so long ago.

Nice ending. I loved the last paragraph.

Great job, ladies.
    Thanks very much Mummy, wow, two years IS a long time...hmm...:D

JainaSolo-16:

Hello,

That was a WONDERFUL ending to an even more WONDERFUL story!! I don't think that I have replied to this story before but I must say that it is AMAZING! I have loved every moment of it. You both are teriffic writers.
    Thank you so much, we loved writing it :)

Because I have loved it so much that I have to say that I hope that you continue it in another story, but will understand if you don't. Melyanna really doesn't have time for another and we had a sequel plotted out, so after much deliberation, I have chosen to write it by myself. (With her advising and what not :)

Thank you for such a wonderful story! Thank you very much for reading!

hollynkesten: Ah, my number one fan ;)

Oh my god!!! i can't believe its actually done, i remember first reading it when Luney put it up then abandoned it, and so i switched here, and the whole bout seems like yesterday. It was an awesome story, and i really hope you two go through with plans to make a sequel. I loved the story, and all that come with it, they are awesome! and im so glad you both took time out of you schedules these past two years to write this story. It was awesome! and i loved it loved it loved it! I hope you enjoyed wrting it, as much as i enjoyed reading it, and good luck on your other stories! Thanks so much for sticking it out girl! As you already know, miss Spoiled ;) There IS going to be a sequel. :)

JediMaster_Fisto:

that was a good ending. i hope u will b able 2 write more. Thank you very much, I will be doing another. :)

padawan feline:

HOLY COW!!!!! That was a very good ending you guys! Very cute, and very well written. *sniffle* hard to believe it's over now... well for now at least. Thanks Freakinbutt!

I'm really glad you still managed to work in Obi-Wan and Yoda fighting over their favorite toy lightsaber, it really added to the general mood of the story. BTW, I didn't appreciate the major cliff hangar... I mean come on, wasn't this the last post? Sorry, we just can't help ourselves. ;)

(Sorry Melyanna... I hope you know that luney and I have this joke... I'm sure she's explained it before to you. If not... well let's just say that I am her sister... and that should explain my random comments. You two really did do a good job with this. Thanks for posting the last scene!) She knows ;)

jade51999:

Melyanna and Padawan Lunetta.

Thank you for over two years of an absolutly wonderful story. You two have inspired me to work harder to develop my own writing skills through your abilities to create charachters that are not only inspiring in their own right, but fall into their own place of Star Wars FF.
    Wow...thank you very much, you're making me blush. :)

That was a beautiful last post, to see Lainey and Armand finally come together through so many trials..both vividly and emotionally fantastic. Mely really did an awesome job with it :)

Zara_Rose:

Wow. I can't believe it's over. That was beautiful. It's probably too soon to ask if there's a sequel planned, but is there? There is...I'm going solo on it :) Thanks!

Sache8: Wow...she responds again, amazing! ;)

From me to y'all, a lovely, sparkling, polished longevity trophy

Seriously, way to stick it out. This story is the source of many a fond memory for me.
    Awww thanks :)

*takes off with Pavol in the unliklihood of a sequel* *grabs Pavol back* Not so quick dearie ;)

JediKnight-Obi-Wan:

Awww what a sweet ending you guys. That was an awesome fic!

I expect you both to get published some day
    Aww thank you so much! I expect you to, too! Just finish your fanfic first... ;)

Jaya Solo:

Wow. Oh my. That was stupendous! I almost cried. That was
  25. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    Prologue

Soft moonlight reflected off of Nadia Montaigne's long black hair, bathing her in its pale glow as tossed tiny, white blossoms into a deep, red colored pool...

The streets of Tehrah were lined with people, many disheveled, dirty, and malnourished. The roads had been cleared for the procession of grim-faced guards and weeping prisoners, all heading toward the shooting grounds where entire lives were destroyed in the blink of an eye. This was Amaia Endrasuit's first walk there, and, she supposed, it would be her very last.

But she had seen it before. Many times over the past few weeks, where from her prison cell she was able to see those who had committed her same crime - treason. Her mother had been executed the day before. Amaia closed her eyes, taking a deep breath, unwilling to give her captors the satisfaction of her tears. She was no stranger to death. Her father had died five years ago, and she had seen many people die during the first rebellion, but she had never faced it as a certainty before.

Every religion preached that death was only a beginning of a new! life in which you became one with the Force again. Amaia wasn't sure she knew what that meant, and she'd certainly never seen or felt the Force. What if it did not want her back? She'd hardly been perfect in life. And what if it really didn't exist? Did that mean she would not?

She could not fathom that, ceasing to exist. Surely something of her was meant to live on, but what?

Amaia slowly opened her eyes as she was prodded down the road, looking to the three-year-old girl, Miran, marching beside her. Some people said that death was merciful, breaking the bonds of mortality and teaching once blind eyes to see the true glory of the galaxy. They said that no one left before their time, but how could a child not? How could a government claiming to be just hold one responsible for her parent?s actions?

Miran looked up at her, tears welling up in her eyes. "I want Mommy. Where's Mommy?"

"Shh," Amaia murmured softly. "It's alright."

"No!" Miran objected. "Want Mommy!"

The guard behind her growled at her to shut up, only managing to make Miran cry. Amaia glared fiercely at him. He sneered in return, saying, "She'll be quiet soon enough."

Amaia bit her tongue to keep from responding, pulling at the binders on her wrists. If she were not bound, she could have killed him with her bare hands right there.
    If she were not bound.

Taking a deep breath, Amaia turned her gaze away from the guard. There was nothing she could do here. Nothing. Tears touched her eyes, and she fought them back, hard. Her mother had died calmly, with her chin raised like the Lady she was. The last words to escape her lips had been Taragen Endrasuit, Amaia's father's name. Could she have seen him just before she died? Had he come for her?

Beautiful way to think of it, but her mother could have just wanted her last thoughts to be of him. But what if she had seen him? Would they both be there when Amaia died? Force, she hoped so. Hope. Perhaps her mother had said it in hope. Had gone forward with it into the unknown. The most powerful 'unknown' Amaia could think of, and by far the most frightening she'd ever had to face. It could also be her last. Her last breath, her last smile, her last tears, her last thought, her last everything. There wasn't time to do it all, and certainly none for her life to flash before her eyes. That would take another lifetime to do. A lifetime she no longer had.

What if there was nothing beyond life?

Amaia shuddered slightly, allowing tears to streak down her cheeks before catching herself. Raising her arm, she wiped her cheeks on the sleeve of her shirt before straightening her shoulders, as they came to the shooting grounds.

She would not give them the satisfaction of more tears. As she was prodded forward to the grounds, Amaia lifted her chin. She would go like a lady, and would go forward with hope.

Devon Altair tried awkwardly to blend in with the crow
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.