Why Love was Forbidden in the Old Jedi Order (NJO AU by Melyanna and Luney, sequel link up 11/13)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by padawan lunetta, Jan 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  2. jade51999 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ha Ha (I of course can't guess, b/c i guessed earlier)..

but it looks like my suspicions for charachters was completly wrong..

fascinating!
  3. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    I can't imagine how you would know Mommy ;)

Just a little of Jade...but, really, for the League of the Scarlet Illyini one must have a few noblemen running around, and they seem to have an abundance of those on Naboo. ;)

Jacen and Nadia do have rather important roles in it though!
  4. Myri_Antilles Jedi Master

star 4
    Would that be Les Miserables? (I haven't seen all of it because we watched part in choir one year when we had a sub and no one would quit talking, <glares at the other members> but that's the only thing I can think of... :p )

How do you pronounce Amaia and Miran?

<sighs> How do you write so well???
  5. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    Myri_Antilles:

Would that be Les Miserables? (I haven't seen all of it because we watched part in choir one year when we had a sub and no one would quit talking, <glares at the other members> but that's the only thing I can think of... ) That's a very good guess, since they both deal with French Revolutions. My signature's an awfully big hint ;)

How do you pronounce Amaia and Miran? A-Mee-A and, well, basically Maren. :)

<sighs> How do you write so well??? *blushes* Not sure how to answer that ;)
  6. Myri_Antilles Jedi Master

star 4
    That's a very good guess, since they both deal with French Revolutions. My signature's an awfully big hint

I have no idea, but I hate giving up, so I'm going to have to do some searching and thinking... :p

How do you pronounce Amaia and Miran? A-Mee-A and, well, basically Maren.

[face_blush] Good thing I asked... I have a chronic problem pronouncing names and new words I read correctly.

EDIT: The Scarlet Pimpernel?
  7. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    Ooh you got it Myri! :D How'd you guess? ;)
  8. Myri_Antilles Jedi Master

star 4
    I had a thought that the top line of your sig might be lyrics to a song in the Broadway show, so I googled it in quotation marks with "lyrics" and I stumbled across that and immediately made the connection. :p

Is the book good?
  9. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    lol! Goodwork...it is the line from a song, as well as a poem Sir Percy writes about the Scarlet Pimpernel. ;)

:eek: I've never read the book...but I have seen the play twice and the movie. (My sister and beta love the book though. :))
  10. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    This was such a very beautiful story!!! I can;t wait for the next one!!

Why will it be your last story, Luney?
  11. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    Wow, thanks for getting caught up NYCgirl! This things quite the novel there. ;)

I am hoping it will be my last fanfic because I really want to have more time for the novel I am also writing as well. :)

12. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    You're welcome :) Still working on the Valin/Lainey one, though.

That's really cool!! Will you still be around on the boards?
  13. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    LOL! Interpretatoins is like an eigth of the size of this one! ;)

Yeah, I think I'll still be around :)
  14. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    I know!! But it's still very good. I'm also trying to get through Melyanna's stuff . . . isn't this whole thing a sort of spinoff of one of hers?

That's good :) Are you planning on writing anything after you finish your novel?
  15. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    I know!! But it's still very good. I'm also trying to get through Melyanna's stuff . . . isn't this whole thing a sort of spinoff of one of hers?

lol! Um actually it is a spinoff of our combined stories. In this series, the "trilogy" would be Interpretations of the Force, Shadows of a Past Long Forgotten, and then Why Love Was Forbidden in the Old Jedi Order.

Then in this same story arc you have In The Wake of Glory, which is Nadia;'s story. The Scarlet Illyini is a kind of sequel to that. Side stories are CLouded Memories, Of Pilots and Jedi, and Into the Unknown. Then there's two stories by Sache, which would come before Interpretations, called Dance With the Stars and Forget Me Not. Then, in between Shadows and WLWF, there is a story called Red Flight written by Rebelmom. Fortunately, they can all stand alone. ;) (Sorry you asked? ;))

Chronologically it'd go:

Dance With the Stars
    Forget Me Not
    Interpretations of the Force
    Of Pilots and Jedi
    In the Wake of Glory
    Clouded Memories
    Shadows of a Past Long Forgotten
    Red Flight
    Why Love Was Forbidden in the Old Jedi Order
    The Scarlet Illyini
    Into the Unknown

:D

After my novel I kind of hope to write another novel. I may may do fanfic on the side, but I just don't know, I'd rather this be my last. (but it helps with writer;s block, dang it.)
  16. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
  17. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    (Sorry you asked? )[/i]

Lol, no, thanks for telling me!!
  18. Sache8 Force Ghost

star 4
    Rats! Foiled again!!!

*watches Pavol be taken off with a whistful expression*

He's not part of the Scarlett Ilyinni, Luney, why for do you need him...? [/whine]

*sigh* Just a while longer, my wonderful sexy guard-man, and then you're mine. Mwuahaha ;)
  19. hollynkesten Force Ghost

star 3
    Chronologically it'd go:

Dance With the Stars
    Forget Me Not
    Interpretations of the Force
    Of Pilots and Jedi
    In the Wake of Glory
    Clouded Memories
    Shadows of a Past Long Forgotten
    Red Flight
    Why Love Was Forbidden in the Old Jedi Order
    The Scarlet Illyini
    Into the Unknown

After my novel I kind of hope to write another novel. I may may do fanfic on the side, but I just don't know, I'd rather this be my last. (but it helps with writer;s block, dang it.)

Well i've read 9 of the stories up there, missed the first two, ill hafta find them. And sweety: your always gonna write more novels...
  20. Jeanelle_Naberrie Jedi Padawan

I'm new here and I just finished reading this story. I loved it. I am going to try to find the other stories. It was an amazing story!
  21. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    NYCitygurl:

Lol, no, thanks for telling me!! Hehehe, no problem ;)

Sache8:

Rats! Foiled again!!!

*watches Pavol be taken off with a whistful expression*

He's not part of the Scarlett Ilyinni, Luney, why for do you need him...? [/whine]
    Now really Handmaiden...we've discussed this before, Mr. Pavol joins the League of the Scarlet Illyini! ;)

*sigh* Just a while longer, my wonderful sexy guard-man, and then you're mine. Mwuahaha lol! *hides Pavol in a closet*

hollynkesten:

Well i've read 9 of the stories up there, missed the first two, ill hafta find them. And sweety: your always gonna write more novels... Those first two are written by Sache and feature showing Julie's heritage...and why Naboo is the way it is in Shadows :) And, yes, I suppose I will always write novels. :)

Jeanelle_Naberrie:

I'm new here and I just finished reading this story. I loved it. I am going to try to find the other stories. It was an amazing story! Wow! Welcome to the boards...glad you picked this one to read! :) We had a lot of fun writing it, and let me know if you need the links to the backstories or sequel. :)

22. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    hmm...randomn up for the move...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.