main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why Luke has been portrayed well in the NJO

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Raz927, Feb 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raz927

Raz927 Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2002
    A place to discuss why you feel Luke has been a great character in the NJO and why you think the amount of time he's been portrayed in the series is great and doesn't need to be changed. Share your thoughts.

2. ganner_rhysode

ganner_rhysode Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2001
    I didn't know he had! 8-}

He was cool in SbyS I suppose, and it will be cool to see him in Allston's duology, but I miss the Luke who could take out AT-AT's with no more than a tow
    cable, a lightsabre and a detonator.

3. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    I think SBS saw him shifting back towards the old-style Luke. One of the biggest complaints of the Bantam books etc (pre-NJO books) was that Luke had become to philosophical, or as most seemed to phrase it, too wimpy etc.

4. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    He takes more actions... Less of the Yoda/Obi-Wan philosophising

5. ganner_rhysode

ganner_rhysode Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2001
    I liked it in Onslaught when he rescued Jacen and wielded 2 lightsabres in doing so and then in Ruin when
    he imploded the Vong groundforce beast.

The Kubaz disguises in Balance Point reminded me of when Luke and Han paraded as Stormtroopers. Great fun. :)

6. JediProphet

JediProphet Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    I really liked the scenes with him and Mara in Rebirth. Those were such emotional moments when I realized that he wasn't just a powerful Jedi Master, he was a loving husband, and going to make a great father.

Little reminders like that, and when he made Mara's breakfast in SBS, makes me remember this is the guy who saved the galaxy countless times, and can still be human.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.