main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why Me? (a Qui-gon humorous round robin torture thread, Come and Join)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Neon Star, May 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    This is as the title says, A Qui-gon round robin torture thread. Anybody can pick up were I leave off. Besides, why torture the padawan when you can't torture the master. Well here goes nothing!

Qui-gon Jinn had just exited his rooms and was walking to the meditation gardens when he saw them. Twenty something girls were coming down the hall, heading strait for him.
    "Oh no, not them again." he mutters as he starts running down the hall away from them.
    He then runs into a side corridor. The gold haired, green-eyed girl in front, who is called Neon Star, shouted, "He went that way!"
    With that all the ladies took off after the fleeing Jedi Master.
    I know it?s not the best but you can now add on.

2. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Where is everbody? Did I pick the wrong topic or what?

3. Tigris

Tigris Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2000
    LOL!!! That's funny. tongue.gif :rubs hands: Finally Qui gets it

4. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    I've never tried writing in an add on fic before, but I'll try it anyway...

Qui-Gon heard the sound of running females behind him. He looked around for a place to hide. Just up ahead, he spotted the perfect place, a place where nobody would guess he would go into unless he absolutly HAD to.
    The Healers.
    Qui-Gon ran through the door, and waited until he had the sound of running footsteps go past the door.

I know it's short, but I couldn't think of anything else right now. Was it okay?

5. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I will, later.

But right now I know someone else who would absolutely love to get their hands on Qui-Gon in the Healers...

I hope she reads this.

6. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    "Master Jinn, can I help you?"

Qui-Gon startled, whirling around at the sound of the female voice behind him.

"Oh, Healer Leona, it's only you." he stated with obvious relief, leaning heavily against the door.

Taking a few steps closer, observing how hard he was breathing, Leona asked, "Are you injured?"

"Ah...no..just.. out.. of.. breath." he answered.

"I didn't realize you had taken to using the inside of the temple for your running purposes." she said with amusement.

"Only.. when.. I'm.. being.. chased."

"Being chased, by whom?" Leona asked with concern.

"Apparently the female padawans are playing some type of treasure hunt game." Qui-Gon held his ear to the door, listening for the sounds that normally accompanied a gaggle of giggling girls.

"And this has what to do with you?" the healer inquired, putting her arm around his and leading him to an empty bed.

"Obi-Wan informed me that one item on the list was a lock of my hair." he bemoaned.

"Oh." Leona found it difficult to hide her smile.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, Qui-Gon took the time to collect himself.

"Wouldn't it just be simpler to allow yourself to be caught and get it over with?"

"They're very much into the game at this point and I have no intention of looking like Mace Windu." he answered with a hard glare.

Suddenly he looked up at the door, "Is there another way out of here?" he asked, his face bathed in sweat.

Leona pointed to the back just as the door opened to reveal a rather intense looking group of girls.

Jumping to his feet, Qui-Gon dashed for the exit with the girls hot on his trail.

Leona chuckled at the sight. "Good luck, girls." she called to their retreating backs and went back to her work, all the while laughing to herself.

7. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Tenel'Ka, that piece was great.
    HealerLeona, I am honored that you joined us fellow torturers.
    Keep up the work guys.

[This message has been edited by Neon Star (edited 05-14-2000).]

8. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    If this is not good just ignore it, OK. Here is another little pick from me.

Qui-gon ran out the back door of the healers and down the hall. The girls were getting closure by the minute. He rushed into one of the training areas. A Jedi Knight named Atrus was practicing a few lightsaber routines with her double blade lightsaber when he rushed past, heading for the other door. Just then he felt a slit ripping in the back of his cloak and saw a burnt hole that showed all the way through his pants.
    "Sorry, Qui. Why are you running?" Atrus asked.
    Qui-gon saw the girls enter the training area and run strait for him.
    "Them!" he shouted as he ran and escaped out the back door of the training room.
    The girls rushed past.
    "Good luck, girls!" Atrus said as she laughed, knowing full well what they were after.

9. Jedi_Daphne

Jedi_Daphne Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2000
    Turning the corner, Miran was faced with a sight few in the Temple would have believed. The great Master Jinn, running full force from a gaggle of young female padawans.

Deciding quickly that there was only one proper course of action, Miran acted fast. As Qui-Gon tripped over her leg and sprawled on the floor, the tresure hunteres descended upon him with scissors and by the time they ran on to complete the rest of their hunt, the hall contained one senior padawan, laughing hysterically, and one Jedi Master, with a bald streak down the back of his head.

Giving Miran a look that would have roast a bantha, Qui-Gon picked himself up and headed back towards his quarters with as much dignity as he could muster.

10. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Qui-Gon let himself into his apartment, still breathing heavily. He had thought that the passing of years had been quite kind to him up until now, yet here he was almost bent double with the effort of running away from a gaggle of hormonally charged female padawans!

"When I find out who created the list for this treasure hunt, they are going to find themselves licking the floors clean with their tongues", Qui-Gon growled to himself. It beat him how Obi-Wan could find this sort of thing remotely fun.

Then again, maybe it was one Kenobi's dreams to get chased round the temple by jiggling girls. Why should he think it should be any different for his poor old master?

There was a flimsy-plast note stuck to the back of the refrigeration unit.

"Master Jinn,

If you're looking for the double chocolate scones, I'm afraid your greedy Gamorrean of a padawan has scoffed them."

"Sith!" Qui-Gon muttered irritably. "I was looking forward to that."

He reached in to get a drink of something cold.

"If you're looking for the Corellian scrumpy I'm afraid he's drunk that, too."

"Is there anything that force sensitive termite hasn't cleared out?" Qui-Gon shut the door in annoyance.

He heard the furious banging on his door and suddenly realized that the female padawans had followed him back up to his room.

What now, he wondered bleakly. Didn't they get enough first time round?

Here he was, 54 years of age, cowering in his apartment with nothing to eat or drink in the place. He supposed they'd give up soon and go away.

Unless he starved to death first.

This was proving to be real torture. He hoped Obi-Wan would come along eventually and tell them to go away...

Qui-Gon looked down at the bottom of the note.

P.S. I've just eloped with your padawan. See you in a month!

Love Jemmiah.

11. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Great Posts!

12. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
  13. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Where is everybody? light_sabe_r, I thought you were going to post. confused.gif

14. Lyf Mantoe

Lyf Mantoe Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2000
    You don't mind if I post some do you?

Outside his door, Qui-Gon could hear the female padawans quieten down.

"What are you all doing out here?" Qui-Gon heard a strict voice say.

"Nothing Master Mantoe..." He heard the girls say.

"Then go.. I need to talk to Master Jinn." Master Mantoe said. Qui-Gon her sighs, and footsteps. Behind the door, Master Mantoe winked at the girls who had pretended to walk away.

"Master Jinn, may I talk with you please?" Master Mantoe asked. "It's about Obi-Wan... He hasn't been seen for a while." Qui-Gon opened the door, looking at Master Mantoe.

"If you would open the door a bit more, I would be able to tell you, and give you some muja muffins." Starving, Qui-gon opened the door all the way to let Master Mantoe in. She turned around.

"He's all yours, girls."

Lyf Mantoe

15. JediBri17

JediBri17 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2000
    How the HELL did they do those outer space shots. What was there budget like. I am in my boiling hot attack trying to blue screen against blue sheets taking pictures of toys and the results are pathetic. I give them ALOT of credit it looks great!

16. Tai-Wan Kenobi

Tai-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2000
    Don't worry so much JediBri17. It's just the trailer. Wait and see what the movie is like. The effects may look outstanding and flashy, but if the story fails and the acting sucks, who cares. I rather see a movie with Toys R Us props and fishing line as long as the story rocks. Personally, I think any one with that much time, money, and effort would best spend their talents on an origianl idea, not Star Wars. Fan films are for the people looking to test their abilities on high tech cinema. If these guys are already at that level of technical expertise, then they should show me something I haven't seen before. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong or maybe I'm venting because I just had a bad day. You tell me what you think.

17. buliwif

buliwif Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2000
    tai wan.... you da man!!!! i agree totally! this is an opportunity for aspiring filmmakers to show what they can do! i mean, what could be a more challenging project than starwars??? if you can successfully pull off a starwars film, making it look and feel the way it's supposed to, all while adding your own little nuances, than you can pretty much make anything!!! am i right?

18. JediBri17

Jun 14, 2000
    thanks for the vote of confidence Tai-Wan, it is just that I have spent alot of money buying a digital camera,Adobe premiere, blue screen material, lights ect. and i really want the finished product to make it onto TFN, but it seems like you need a huge budget to accomplish that. The story that me and my friends are working on i am sure will stand on it's own because it is a good one. Thanks again

19. borjis fett

borjis fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 1999
    Don't let it discourage you my friend, like MANY others have said, if your story is good THAT is what matters.

KnightQuest had a 10,000 dollar budget.
    Duality was A LOT LESS than that and though the trailer was short, looked equally as impressive...

And don't rush it either. There is no hurry here. You don't have any studios breathing down your neck. My production of Tales of a Black Sun Vigo is going to be pushed back a little because I will only finish it with a polished story and great f/x. If it takes more time...so be it.

May the force be with you all my brothers...
    (and sisters)

20. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    I do not know what brought on this urge to bash Joe Monroe and Tom Sehenuk but since they do not post here, I will speak for them.

Yes, Joe and Tom are that good. I went to where they work (on the Universal Studios lot) and saw what they do. Tom is a professional computer graphics artist and does amazing 3d rendering. Joe was using a computer to remove dust and scratches from a film in post production.

KnightQuest looks so good because they are professionals and know how to shoot a film. They also have access to equipment the general filmmaker won't. Finally, they rented a top quality camera and shot their movie on film instead of video, so it gives it that more surreal look and feel.

KnightQuest will probably be like Troops, a very unique and high quality film that people talk about for years. Setting yourself to that standard and yes, you will have trouble meeting it because you do not have their equipment or expertise. But that does not give anyone the right to put them down.

Azeem
    TFN FanFilms

21. JediBri17

Jun 14, 2000
    please make NO MISTAKE i think knightqueat looks awesome and i am not putting it down, i am mearly trying to figure out how i can make a better movie than i am currently making, i can not wait until Knightquest comes out, i am looking forward to enjoying it. I am simply venting and trying to find out a few tricks on some good animation or 3d shots. May the force be with you all! and if anyone knows anything that may help me in making my film please respond!

22. MC3PIO

MC3PIO Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 19, 2000
    The makers of Knightquest may be professionals but they don't know how to shoot a film. Not from the two trailers I've seen. Most of the cinematography in the two trailers is adequate but there a couple of shots that look particularly amateurish. The one that immediately jumps to mind is the shot where the girl confronts Vader standing in front of some trees silently. The camera just kind of wheels around the scene. It's not dramatic at all. Their fx are very good but you can see some mistakes in the flight path of some of the ships. Don't get me wrong. I look forward to seeing the final product. But from what I've seen, I don't think this film is anywhere near pro quality. The acting is absolutely woeful.

23. Saeed

Saeed Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MC3PIO:
    ...a couple of shots that look particularly amateurish. The one that immediately jumps to mind is the shot where the girl confronts Vader standing in front of some trees silently. The camera just kind of wheels around the scene. It's not dramatic at all.

Well, you are basing your judgement on a trailer, of course, and I doubt all that footage made it to the final cut, however I would like counter the above criticism.

Look at the context of the shot you described above. The girl is being chased by Vader to that area you describe. Then she finds herself cornered, with nowhere to run. She looks around in vain for an exit. The camera looks around and we see for ourselves the standoff she is faced with. The camera movements cleverly mirrors the desperation she feels - If that's not a professional shot, I don't know what is. Compare this to, say, some TV stuff like NYPD Blue, where the camera sways and moves all the time, but for what reason?

I've no affiliation with Joe and his team, and to be honest there are things about KQ I don't like (in that scene, what irritates me is the girl's constantly aghast, drop-jawed expression), but I feel it's only fair to point out good points as well as bad, as I do with his film and any others I come across...

But then, perhaps that's because I'm the 'Gene Siskel' of the Jedi Council...

Saeed TTC

24. JediBri17

Jun 14, 2000
    please allow me to re-iterate i think Knightquest looks great and i only wish to emulate their type of special effects if possible

25. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    I'm gonna partially agree with Saeed on this one. There are spots in both trailers that look just plain hokey, but trailers frequently involve film that winds up on the cutting room floor (Something I didn't really understand until I made one of my own). I'm in a wait-and-see mode, halfway between thinking it could be really cool and thinking it could be really dumb. Honestly, from the trailers, it could fairly be either, or both. Either way, it will be an experience...we just have to wait and see.
    -Lokmer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.