main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why more Clone Wars??

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Froghurt, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Froghurt

Froghurt Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 31, 2006
    Am I alone when I say that I would prefer some fresh Star Wars as opposed to more Clone Wars material? Besides I cant see what else there is left to tell about the Clone Wars period. We have seen how the Coruscant battle started, we saw Grevous capture the Chancellor... There can not be many more major plot points concerning any of the characters in RotS can there?

Personally I would rather they focus there efforts on something new. Clone Wars is so 2005.

2. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    They are, in the Live Action TV Series.

3. mxcp204

mxcp204 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    He is refering to the fact that la is making a 3d clone wars show. I agree with him when he says they are going over. I think they should cover the events that take place between episode 1 and 2.

4. Froghurt

Jul 31, 2006
    Yes I am aware of the live action series and excited about the potential.
    Im just saying that personally i would rather see anything anywhere in the Star Wars Universe other than more Clone Wars...

A story between Eps 1 & 2 would be awesome, I would love to learn more about Sifo Dias for example...

5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm also in agreement. Why more clone wars? Also, I know about the live action series, but the question is. Why is GL doing stuff in between the series of films? He did the same thing with the Ewoks and Droids cartoon series and those ridiculous ewok movies. Why not do something after ROTJ or before TPM. For all the posturing that Sansweet said about dvds, video games, and animation beeing the future of star wars, it looks like the novels and comic books are the ones that have the best stories in different eras.:rolleyes:

6. JediKink

JediKink Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    YOU TAKE THAT BACK, OR ELSE!!!!

[face_laugh]

At least it was Star Wars movies.

7. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I think it's, basically, easy for them. The Clone Wars have already been thought out, we already know who all the key players are, we know why it's being fought, the creators already have a huge pool of ships, tanks, mechs, droids, Clones, fighters, bombers, planets and Jedi to work with, we know how they begin, we know how they end, we know who lives and dies, etc.

It's easy for them to do. No creativity or innovation required!

8. Evil_Eye

Evil_Eye Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2006
    It would be very easy for them to run with the momentum that Kotor built up, and a mandalorian vs republic vs sith animated series from that time would be really cool.

9. Froghurt

Jul 31, 2006
    Does anyone know what time period in the Clone Wars it will be for this new series?

It cant really be set after series 2 can it? Anakin & Obi Wan are on their way from the Outer-rim to join the battle so it is not as if they can have another adventure on route. Palps is onboard the Invisible Hand with Dooku and Grevious - (I guess there could be some interesting banter there but no great action I wouldnt have thought). Yoda and Mace are stuck on Courscant & have pretty much done their fighting.... so who or what interesting is left?

10. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    i think it may start up shortly after Geonosis (the end of Ep II)

I also have a feeling that it will overrule any storylines from the original Clone Wars Cartoon.

perhaps i am way off, but I think you need to have this heavy with Anakin being the HERO of the clone wars. I want tons of other jedi, seperatists and characters to be explored, but i think Ani, Obi, and yoda will be major characters, and to do that, you sort of need to eliminate some of the Original CW cartoon story line.

basically i think this will be its own story, nothing to do with CW from cartoon network, that takes us from the opening days of the clone war to Order 66

11. sith_rising

Jan 7, 2004
    I agree. The novels, cartoons, videogames and comics will be largely ignored. They will want to capture a new audience with the show, not cater to people who read the Medstar novels years ago. Working within the current EU framework is too difficult. Look at all the debate between the Labyrinth of Evil/Clone Wars Cartoon about continuity, etc. There's no way they can have a television show without it stepping on the toes of all the stuff we've seen over the past 4 years. And that's fine with me. I want unbridled creativity, new worlds, new aliens, new campaigns, new Jedi, not visual representations of what happened in some Insider article in 2003. I don't want to have to worry about where Asajj Ventress or Kit Fisto were 6.5 months after Geonosis, and neither does Joe Sixpack (and that's who a television show caters to, not us nerds, who they've already got in their pocket). Consider it a reboot.

12. Froghurt

Jul 31, 2006
    Ok Master Jedi and Sith Rising you are both saying that this new series will not "fit in" with Clone Wars series 1 & 2. This is not in effect series 3? Well if that is the case I guess that is a good thing & my spirits are lifted somewhat...

I was wondering if it has actually been confirmed if this is a cartoon or more CGI like for example The Incredibles?

****Sorry just read the official thread and answered my own question for myself, nice work Froghurt!*****

13. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I think that a lot of what the new show will do is flesh out what some of the back ground characters were doing and it may have very little Skywalker and Kenobi.

14. sith_rising

Jan 7, 2004
    That is my hope. Skywalker is done. We've seen his story, we now know about his rise and fall, nobody wants to see him mope around anymore. It would be cool to occassionally see him, or just get the obligatory mention of Master Kenobi, or something like that, but I think that if Star Wars is going to stay strong for another decade, we'll need to move away from established characters and get some new ones.

15. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    i do agree with your last statement. but from the way i am interpreting the news, The Live action TV show will do that more.
    I just assumed, the Clone Wars would involve the main characters we already know.

this doesnt mean i dont think you could have full episodes with no more then a mention of "General Kenobi", i think that will happnen, but from the way i interpret the comments and interviews with the lucas,producers,etc,- i never got the feeling that Anakin, Obi, Mace, Yoda wont play a major roll. I got that feeling when they talk about the Live action though.

?

16. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    It would be cool to see a Tales of the jedi show Republic Army verues the Madarlion Army etc.

17. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    Lets see some Qui Gon Jinn adventures, or even Plo Koon? Something Pre-Episode 1 would be nice involving some of the names made famous by the Clone Wars.

18. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I'd love to see them use Qui-Gon in any source. I hope it's not the same style though as I was never a fan of the Clone Wars style when applied to Qui-Gon.

19. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Why more? Cause the cartoon sucked. :p

3 minute-long, child-oriented blurbs? Gimme a real frickin show, please.

20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    As long as they don't villify the Separatists to no end (as they always do), I'll be a happy camper.

21. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    The Seps *are* the villians, Barris. :p

22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    :rolleyes:

From a certain point of view. Just because they look like a bunch of freaks and have lots of money doesn't mean they're heartless. Maybe one or two of them were sketchy, but I'm certain they couldn't have risen to be the leaders of their companies without having some good qualities. And seeing is their followers consisted of half the galaxy, many of which later became Rebels, they couldn't have been all bad.

I guess I just don't like black-and-white storylines.

23. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000

being OK with starting an interstellar war and base-delta-zeroing planets evidently for profit ("Lord Sidious promised us a handsome reward!") points to them being scum. ;)

24. LtNOWIS

LtNOWIS Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    The Trade Federation was pretty scummy, as were many other Separatists. But yeah, that doesn't mean there can't be a few with good or sympathetic motivations. "Heroes on both sides" and all that.

25. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Either way, they're still the bad guys. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.