main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why more Clone Wars??

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Froghurt, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Meh... I'm not dragging the EU into this, but not all of them began the war with the intention of wiping out the Republic's population and striking it rich off people's misfortunes. Quite a few believed that they were freedom fighters, much like the Rebels later on.

2. Froghurt

Froghurt Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 31, 2006
    My impression of this series is that it will focus on the main characters of the prequels and it will (obviously) fall in between the period of Geonosis and Utupau....

Again I am confused as to what else there is to tell story wise...?

3. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    I heard that the original idea for the two series was to make them focus more on minor/EU characters. The live-action series recently seems to have changed its tune, focusing only on 1 character (probably Boba Fett), but nothing more has been said about the Clone Wars series.

My guess is that it will run similar to the old Clone Wars shows, yet possibly focus less on Obi-Wan and Anakin (though they no doubt will appear in the majority of the episodes).

4. Froghurt

Jul 31, 2006
    Perhaps then this 3rd series of Clone Wars will focus on bounty hunters thereby tying it into the live action show....>>>??

5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    The only thing that we know is that the clone wars series will cover events before Episode 3. The live action, well who knows, no definitive info has been relaesed.

6. sonofcoruscant

sonofcoruscant Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 14, 2006
    Am I the only one that would be a little irritated if they did just decide to override earlier continuity? I mean, I understand the need for more room to create new stories and the like, and I respect that. But it is irritating that we will have all these stories that sort of happened together, but dont really work at all together. I just wish they took more care with this. I dont know though, maybe it will be good.

7. Froghurt

Jul 31, 2006
    It will only work if there is continuity. Especially if they are labelling this Clone Wars "Volume 3".

8. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    I don't think they can possibly label this "Vol. 3" unless they've decided to screw with our minds completely. It will probably be something more like "The NEW Clone Wars," or contain some other adjective stuck in there to distinguish it from the old seasons.

9. JediStarKiller2

JediStarKiller2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    Hopefully it will involve some side characters---Start a new story...maybe with a cameo from a main character. But give us secondary characters...The Clone Wars told from a Clone's perspective would be kinda cool as well.

10. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    ^ ^ ^
    Absolutely. I know I keep going on about it, but when you watch the teaser trailer for Republic Commando, a series like that would seriously pwn!

I know that CGI ages really badly, but that teaser's about 3 years old now. Imagine the work they could do for a series! (Although to be fair, so much of RotS is CGI, you know thay can basically make it look as realistic as they want. Mint!)

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

11. Froghurt

Jul 31, 2006
    I just saw the Clone Wars TV show update, all the main characters are back. What else is left to tell?

From what I read in the Lucas updates about the TV shows etc I think there maybe a Star Wars 3D animated feature oneday down the track. He said they are getting that department prepared to make feature films. Maybe a KotoR oneday anyone....?

12. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    No more than the Rebels are terrorists.

13. Commander_Kayman

Commander_Kayman Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2006
    Indeed they are. They should explain the line: 'there are heroes on both side'[

14. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I agree. I thought I misread when I saw that the CG series was set between Ep 3 and 4. Lucas considered the Cartoon Network series an experiment of sorts. I found it to be a rousing artistic success. I don't think there is a need for another series set during that timeframe but I guess its going to happen. I eagerly anticipate anything that comes from GL.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    potentially they could cover tangent storylines with new characters that they might then introduce in the live action TV series.

just a thought

16. Jamiebacca

Jamiebacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    It feels like back-tracking. The Clone Wars have a "seen it, done it" kind of feel - now.

But... like others have said, different locations and story arcs could make a big difference there. Where was Boba & Jabba? When did they get the grey-uniformed dudes? You can bet there'll be more Grievous. Maybe the hot blue Twilek chick can speak?

17. GENERAL-OF-KALEE

GENERAL-OF-KALEE Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 9, 2006
    You can bet there'll be more Grievous.

And there is nothing wrong with that. There is a lot of potential for Grievous to be explored!! I just hope they don?t make him act cowardly before he gets his chest crushed by Mace Windu.:rolleyes:

GENERAL-OF-KALEE

18. Commander_Kayman

Commander_Kayman Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2006
    They had the gray uniforms since the beginning of the clone wars. Mostly judicial Department and Police forces incorporated into the Republic Army. I hope they'll continue the clone wars till star wars stops. The clone wars had made such an impact on the galaxy and I cannot ait to see more!

19. DarthPuggsy_

DarthPuggsy_ Jedi Youngling

Nov 20, 2006
    There is a hell of alot of clone wars material not seen. Look at the 9 or 10 volumes of the Clone wars Graphic novels. And the other number of Clone wars adventures graphic novels.

Id like to see the story of general grievous. How he fought in his planets "huk wars" and then was betrayed by the Banking clan and blown up, then Dooku planted the idea that it was the jedi who were responsable.

The history behind that mandalorian looking thing you see obi wan fight in the clone wars. And he is seen before that in the graphic novels, and he actually talks.

More of the individual named clones, and the specilist missions.

Lesser known jedi on their missions. And the few that turned to Dooku. That wasnt mentioned in the films/animated.

HEEEEAPS more stuff the could show.

I would like to see the tv show set during the jedi purge. Maybe each episode could show a different surviving jedis story/demise. Some survived right up to about 6 years before a new hope.

Maybe even show what happened to Mace Windu. The story goes that his lightsaber was found but not his body. And if he did die, it was a pretty lousy death for a jedi master of Windu's calibre. So i dont belive he died (also he is one of my fav characters.)

Personally i would love to see more about the old republic and jedi order. Back in the days of the jedi civil war, and the Kotor era.

20. DarkYoda99

DarkYoda99 Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2006
    Yeah i see the point of why more clone wars.But i just hope it's good thats all that matters to me.

21. Froghurt

Jul 31, 2006
    There cant be That much more of a story to tell in The Clone Wars timeline.

Anakin and Obi Wan are flying back from that jungle planet with the monster androids (sorry about the vagueness) straight into the battle of Coruscant. They cant have stopped off for a quick battle or adventure between those two points in time, surley? The story must be back on the CW timeline...?

Oh well all will be revealed.

BTW my kingdom for some more regular updates!! Is this coming out in 07? To be honest my interest is waining now. This should have been out no more than 1 year after RotS to leverage off fan interest.

22. QuiGon06

QuiGon06 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    well as for the future of Star Wars and TV...i believe that they should go with the kinghts of the old republic storylines...i would love to see a live action type of thing with that...even though we already know the story...and if not that..then something about darth plagueis...i need to know more about him!

23. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    the problem with KOTOR is it's limited appeal, and concerns over possible conflictions with the existing storylines of the games. I know many people loved the KOTOR games, but only a tiny minority of the total SW fanbase have ever played the games.

I agree it's an interesting proposal, but they could just as easily create an entirely new area of history to start a fresh from.

As far as global appeal goes its safer to remain in a time frame that all of the fans are aware of - ie clone wars, or the period between EP3 and 4.

24. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Well Mailkie answered my question as to why more clone wars. But, if that is going to happen, I will like to see a something more in the line of Halo. Massive battles like the UNC vs the Covennant. Next year, a massive video game is coming out, Halo Wars. It will have big battles between both factions. Why not the same thing with the Clone Wars? The republic vs. separtisits? Nothing for nothing, but the Battelfront and Legos games are good, but they are kind of bland compared to the above listed possibility. My biggest fear is that the new clone wars are going to be more of the same small character type stories. I want to see the big ground battles, the big space battles that that movies cannot show due to time constraints and special effects. Heck, even the clone war novels and the comic books failed to really show real epic big battles. That is one of my major dissapointments of the clone wars. With the exception of course of Genndy's clone wars cartoons. Now those were great for being short and being ripped apart by many die hard (characterization oriented) fans.

25. Jamiebacca

Jamiebacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    I completely agree with you. I'm way more interested in inter-film stuff than completely EU stuff. For that matter, I'm way more interested in the gap between 3 & 4 than the Clone Wars. It's fresher territory, and the timeframe is bigger than a bantha buttock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.