main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why more Clone Wars??

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Froghurt, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    But they can have some of our favorite characters, and then have a bunch of previously unknown characters and locales.

I think it's a great idea - the galaxy in wartime - they can explore the Republic, the Confederacy, how war affects the Jedi, etc.

Given that the live action series is taking place between ROTS and ANH, I don't think we need the animated series to do the same.

2. Jamiebacca

Jamiebacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    Given that the live action series is taking place between ROTS and ANH, I don't think we need the animated series, period!

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Whoh whoh whoh......

I happen to like the Clone Wars characters. The novels/comics spent wayyyyy too much time on a select few of them (Quinlan, Anakin, etc). Besides, we never got a good look at the Separatists. There are tons of books/comics out there making heroes out of the Imperials. How come there's practically nothing about the Separatists yet?

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I dunno, the Clone Wars campaign between AOTC and ROTS had video games, books, comics and the animated shorts. All contributed to the Saga, some obviously better than others.

5. The_Crow

The_Crow Jedi Master star 4

Jan 10, 2006
    Yeah, I would prefer TV series about the KOTOR period or set after ROTJ than another series about the Clone Wars. The first series were pretty cool, so, I think they're enough. But well, I also prefer another series about the Clone Wars than no series at all.

6. Commander_Kayman

Commander_Kayman Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2006
    I think the clone wars cartoons failed to give a 'realistic'look and feel to the clone wars, so I think that's why lucas wanted to make another one. One less kid-friendly. I'll hope they'll aproach the series as they did with the movies.

7. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Will the Clone Wars series be PG or PG-13 rated?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. Jamiebacca

Jun 17, 2003
    Hey - I'm not knocking it at all. Hell, I think that the Cartoons were amazing!

What I am saying is... after Episode III, it's done now. To go BACK to it feels like, well, redundant.

I'm ALL FOR the live action series taking place between EpIII & EPIV - that's almost 20 years worth of previously uncharted Star Wars Buffet Action.

9. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Separatists are villains because they're capitalists. Profit motive, free exchange of goods, and increasing technology are to be demonized. I mean, all businessmen are like Ken Lay and Nute Gunray, you know.

<[-]> Saber

10. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    The Seps go way beyond what any actual company in the last 100-odd years has ever done. I don't think they're meant to be an accurate representation.

Anyway, clone wars tv:

Star Wars Galaxy=1 million inhabited worlds.

Clone Wars=3 years long.

Actual clone wars comics: 40 or so.

clone wars cartoon: a couple of hours with no actual plotlines.

Books: 7 or 8.

There's plenty of story material out there. We haven't seen everything; in Dark Lord, it's mentioned that the war was being fought on two hundred different worlds when Order 66 came across. Two hundred. That alone is a huge number.

Clone Wars could quite literally go on for years if you don't limit yourself to Jedi mains.

11. Darth_Shpydar

Darth_Shpydar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 31, 2006
    Mostly true, but not completely: Asajj Ventress being sent to fight Anakin by Sidious in order to push Ani closer to the Dark Side; Grevious kidnapping Palpatine; Anakin's whole adventure on Nelvaan, including his vision of his dark-side fall in the cave.

But yes, fot the most part the series was about various battles in the war.

12. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Ok, I'll expand it to "storylines leading to yep..more fighting!"

The nice thing about the cartoon is that you can completely ignore it and not miss anything remotely important. :p

13. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    There's a reason they call it Star Wars

14. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000

Yeah, and not because said movies in any way are more than just about warfare, right? It's not like the entire saga is the story of one man against a backdrop of warfare? Or that the key scenes in all six films are basically people sitting around talking? Or that really bad things happen to people in these films who go excessive on the violence?

:rolleyes:

SW is more than just one battle after another. It's one battle after another with beefy helpings of character development and plot in between. Which is why Clone Wars sucks. It's the action scenes without anything actually worth thinking about included.

15. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    Did you miss the whole Anakin Jedi Trial storyline?

We get a glimpse of Yoda having a Qui Gon related vision then see Anakin have a Force induced vision of his own - both major plot points story wise that we would have otherwise missed.

16. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    really? I must have missed that :(

17. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    I love black and white because the villians can be really, really evil and commit horrible autrocities. The whiny boo hoo sympathy villians can get annoying after a while.

18. Jamiebacca

Jun 17, 2003
    I love black and white because the villians can be really, really evil and commit horrible autrocities. The whiny boo hoo sympathy villians can get annoying after a while.

Here, here!

=D=

Same goes with 'flawed heroes'. "Oh, so-and-so is so great because they're 'flawed'".

Take yer post-modern pretensions and flaw THIS!

[face_monkey]

19. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Well, just like Shadows of the Empire, and this years The Force Unleashed (billed as the next chapter), the same thing can be said of the clone wars cartoon series next year. It will be interesting to see what they do. We know we have 26 episodes of possibly 20 to 30 minutes each of story and animation on it. But what about product tie-ins? I want to see more comic books covering different eras of the clone wars, and several more novels too. Not the crappy Jedi Trial, Medstar books, The Cestus Deception or the hokey Yoda book. Good meaty stuff a la LOE and Shatterpoint.

20. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    because the clone wars cartoons won two emmys..and they are moving on to 3d animation hoping to win another.

21. Jamiebacca

Jun 17, 2003
    Another dimension = another Emmy!

22. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003

Which is why I hate the attempts to turn Vader into a sympathetic character. The man watched the destruction of a planet and committed genocide.

23. Jamiebacca

Jun 17, 2003
    Vader IS a bad guy. The 'attempts' were to explain how he arrived there. Believe me, I think the child-killing scenes were Lucas's way of telling us "make no mistake - he's evil, people."

24. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Yup. Anakin killing the kids was the turning point. I also point to when he put the suit on as the definitive evil moment. The only thing that give hima spec of decency was Padme and when Palps tells him that he killed her, Anakin is completely gone.

25. lawnmowerman603

lawnmowerman603 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 23, 2002
    froghurt, I was thinking the very same thing when they announced the upcoming animated series as taking place during the clone wars. The only justification for this is, well, it's the clone wars. It was the legendary struggle of the star wars mythos for quite a while, from 1977 up until 2002. Only bits and pieces were revealed before then, before those three years leading to 2005. Even with the huge amount of stories told during that time already, Lucas must still consider it fresh material to set the 2008 series in simply because it was that legendary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.