main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why no Darkhorse NJO comics?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Anakin1607, Apr 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin1607

Anakin1607 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    If the NJO is so popular (heck even my local bookstore puts out a huge display case whenever a new book comes out), why haven't there been "any" comics set in the NJO? We've had comics in Pre Prequel Trilogy, Prequel Trilogy, Origional Trilogy and New Republic eras. But not a single comic in the NJO. It makes no sense, if the NJO warents it's own timeframe in the Star Wars universe, why not expand it further? What gives? I'd definately buy them and they would have the potential to be outstanding. Just imagine the Twilight and Darkness teams doing NJO comics *drools*.

2. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Well, there was one NJO comic, 'Chewbacca', but no more beyond it.

3. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    behind-the-scenes politicking may be the reason.

4. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I think they waited until TTT was finished before starting with the comics. There still may be some NJO comics! I personally can't wait for them if they do come into existance. It would answer a lot of questions about what certain characters look like and it would just be fun to see how someone else saw the action.

Jae Angel

5. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    Probably Del Rey doesn't want to confuse the fans. Chewbacca was made because you don't need to read i tin order to enjoy the NJO. I don't think we'll see a comic on the level of Dark Empire for awhile simply because Del Rey wants to keep the NJO "in house". I can't say I blame them.

6. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    There are many good characters that would work great if used in a comic. And its not as if there arent the chances.

Take the end of JE. You had Kyp, Ganner and the Dozen together. Two active Jedi, and snubs. Theycould have done a great series there, with a mix of Tales of the Jedi and X-Wing. They could have shown what happened on Kubaz. They'd basically have up until Rebirth(Kyp is away from Ganner then. They could still be working together in Rebirth). So, that is, what, 2 months + BP + 2 months + Conquest + 2 months, if my maths is correct. A lot could have gone on there, and a lot of pleased fans would have been buying. Oh well.

7. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Plus, Dark Horse has really sucked lately, so I wouldn't wamt an inferior product. I'll wait until they get things straightened out with their new editor and get some plans set up.

wk

8. Anakin1607

Feb 7, 2002
    Up, this is very important. [face_plain] :p

9. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    They could be waiting for HC5 before they start any comics.

10. Anakin1607

Feb 7, 2002
    That shouldn't stop them from making comics set during already released books. The potential for "off screen" adventures is off the chart. Any sort of action/adventure story line you could do. Star Fighter pilots, Jedi, Ground Troops, Bounty Hunters etc...

11. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    It shoudn't, Anakin, but it could be.

I'd like to see more from the Great River, like EOTV, and also how Corran and others evaded voxyn on different places.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.