main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why no RADIO DRAMAS for the Prequel Trilogy???

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Mr Bungle, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Bungle

Mr Bungle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 1999
    I recently found the radio dramas for the OT online, and while they're silly and quite campy in spots, I enjoyed the hell out of most of them while listening to them on my iPod on a recent trip to Europe. If you haven't heard them, I highly recommend that you do. They enhance the movies quite a bit, especially that of ANH, where you get a lot of the Luke/Tatooine backstory (they're expensive to buy, but you can find them in torrent forms).

However, I couldn't help but think how wonderful a radio drama series would have been! I know that the series for the OT was done through NPR, but I wonder if LFL even bothered approaching them this time around. With all the sparsely used characters in the Jedi Council, I think it would've been a lot of fun and seems to me as a real lost opportunity. Thoughts? Curious to hear from those who are fans of the OT radio dramas especially....

2. LazyDivey98

LazyDivey98 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    I really thought somebody would have posted "cuz they saved it for your mama" by now.

I don't think the interest for radio shows is strong enough to get somebody to finance the project. Why waste time listening to radio when I have SW movies, video games, work, and a girlfriend to ignore.

3. Mr Bungle

Mar 18, 1999
    Nonsense!

If they can create Jar Jar coloring books, they can do the radio dramas. More expensive, yes. But I think there'd be buyers!

I guess the whole "books on tape" has replaced this, but it's not the same.

4. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    It took them years just to get ROTJ out (the radio drama). What was it, 1995? Anyway, point being, people don't care anymore about radio dramas, just the fans and not even all of them.

5. Mr Bungle

Mar 18, 1999
    ROTJ came out in 1995?!?!

I was wondering why Mark Hamill wasn't in it, and Lando was voiced by...Arye Gross?!?!?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.