main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Why no space battles in the final trailer? Are there no space battles at all in TFA??

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MillenniumFalcon2015, Nov 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    As much as I loved to see the final trailer for TFA. I was disappointed to see no battles in space. Just X-Wing and TIE fighter battles in planetary atmospheres over water or snowy mountain landscapes. AS spectacular as they are. I was hoping to some brief scenes of X-Wings and TIE fighters going at it in deep space amongst a bright starfield. SW has been known for it's bright spectacular starfields with X-Wings,Y-Wings,TIE fighters,the Millennium Falcon and Star Destroyers shooting green lasers across the starlit blackness of deep space. Are JJ,KK and co. saving them for the actual movie as well as seeing Luke again?

ARE THEY MAKING TFA TO BE LIKE THE NEW BATTLEFRONT VIDEOGAME??!!! AS MUCH AS I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO BATTLEFRONT. I'LL BE VERY DISAPPOINTED IF IT IS!!!

Are we gonna see the Sledgehammer piloted by Leia and the Resistance slamming into Star Destroyers in deep space or is it just going to ram into Star Destroyers over the icy forest Starkiller superweapon planet?

dekaneas and mihaitzateo like this.
  2. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    DAMN YOU EA

3. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    Because JJ is a Star Trek fan.

4. DarthHavok

DarthHavok Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2002
    According to rumors on MSW there is but then the Starkiller Base wipes out whatever is there, both FO and Resistance and the rest of the battle is on the planet surface with Poe's squadron the only one left intact.

5. DarthHavok

DarthHavok Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2002
    Woah, dude, relax! Chill! You've only got a month and 8 days to find out. Here breath into this bag for a few minutes.

I don't think the Sledgehammer is piloted by Leia but according to the rumors it's the reason the FO uses the Starkiller base on the fleet taking out everyone.

6. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014

Is this a joke or do you really not know anything about JJ?

TheBBP, EviL_eLF, dekaneas and 4 others like this.
  7. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    I'm not worried about there being few space battles in TFA. It is Star Wars - wars across the stars - and so can take place on planets. My personal favourite battle is Hoth. I can understand people liking the end battle in ROTJ or the trench run in ANH. As long as the battles are involving 'I'm in'! There is alotta room for battles in ALL the forthcoming films (eg: Rogue One) so I will just wait and see and enjoy!

8. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    It was a joke. JJ Abrams Star Trek 2009 also has space battles.

9. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    I think JJ wanted this movie to look a little bit different. That's why there seems to be no space battles in TFA.

10. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I'm pretty sure the space battle was cancelled along with the characters of SNOKE, LUKE and GHOST ANAKIN.

11. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    That scene with the Star Destroyer vs. the Tie Fighter in the trailer is technically a space battle. Spoiler: the TIE fighter loses.

12. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  13. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    I would love to see a space battle among a necklace of moons of a gas giant like Yavin or in the atmosphere of a gas giant itself like Yavin and Endor or near a blue or a red sun or even in a nebula like the Reliant vs.the Enterprise in Star Trek II or even near a black hole in future SW films perhaps in Episode VIII or IX or even beyond in Episodes X through XII.

Bennihana and Darkslayer like this.
  14. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    [​IMG]
    May I present the shortest Star Wars space battle since the destruction of Alderaan.

15. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Yes there will be a space battle & a ground battle.....

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Star Wars

Ground Wars!!:p

Darkslayer and JediRocks74 like this.
  17. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    That was uncalled for.

18. B Wilson

B Wilson Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 26, 2014
    This tickled me a bit.

If there was anything that I am worried about, it's about the seemingly lack of space battles.

B99 likes this.
  19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    JJ probably wants to leave that fight in suspense. Don't give us half of the battle like the PT trailers did.

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  20. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    WE SHOULD ALL OVERREACT!!!

21. Cellblocker1138

Cellblocker1138 Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 26, 2015
    Because JJ had been playing a lot of this right before writing the script:

[​IMG]

22. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I think you overreacted PS.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  23. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    In the recent SW novel Aftermath there is a refence to communication stations and labs on many moons and asteroids in the Unknown Regions. There should be a massive space battle with the Resistance Fleet taking out these stations in the UR while fighting the First Order Fleet. If not in TFA then definitely Episode VIII or IX.

I hope to see the Sledgehammer ram into First Order Star Destroyers in orbit above the Starkiller Base planet perhaps anomg it's moons if it has any or at the edge of it's solar system perhaps among the star system's own version of the Kupier Belt or Oort Cloud. That would make an awesome original space dogfight.

24. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    Another way to make the space battles in the ST more spectacular is to have the starfighters and Star Destroyers fight at the edge of a solar system as I suggested earlier or at the edge of the galaxy looking out onto Intergalactic Space or even above the galaxy itself. How spectacular would it be TIE fighters and X-Wings and Star Destroyers shoot it out above the majestic spiral of the GFFA??

25. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.