main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Why Palpatine's Empire hate non human races so much?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Slowpokeking, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    If the Rebellion Alliance had never rebelled against the galactic empire, Alderaan's destruction never would've happened. I watched episode 4 ANH recently, and Governor Grand Moff Tarkin ordererd Alderaan's destructions to spite Princess Leia, a rebel princess and a traitor/criminal/terrorist/revolutionary!!!!!!

They had no other plans to destroy galactic planets, other than Alderaan; i also just recently watched ESB AND ROTJ, no mention of that, so, the Galactic Civil War was an unjust war, the rebellion alliance was waging an unjust war, what were they trying to prevent???

2. Yunners

Yunners Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2006
    Construction on the death Star started long before the Rebellion was even established. What do you think they planned to use it for, sightseeing?

3. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    What's is your point with that post??? I edited out the rest of your/the post to focus on that part of your/the post........

Umm, no, construction of/on the First Death Star (DS1) began in/during episode 3, ROTS, when the rebellions Alliance was first being formed...........

4. tsunami1138

tsunami1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    The concept of the Death Star was devised around the time of the Naboo Blockade. Long before a Rebellion was even conceived of, or needed.

Darth Chiznuk and Yunners like this.
  5. Yunners

Mar 30, 2006
    Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound so complicated.

The Empire (The bad people) started building (verb, to create) the Death Star (Big planet destroying sphere) before the Rebellion (The good guys) was established (came into being).

And no, the Alliance didn't exist in ROTS. The people in the deleted scenes, at that point were mearly a group of worried politicians.

6. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Oh, this happens again, every time I believe a certain plot point/fact is canon, somebody else contradicts it, both wookipedia and wikipedia and other star wars fan websites claim that the senators meeting in/during ROTS is the formation of the Rebellions Alliance!!! If not, if I'm am wrong, then, what was the start of the Rebellions Alliance???

7. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    No, it was not devised around the time of the Naboo Blockade.......

8. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Prove it.

9. Yunners

Mar 30, 2006
    I find it interesting that you're suddenly an expert on the EU and canon when the situation calls for it.

Random Comments and Darth_Kiryan like this.
  10. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    I know you're not talking to me Yunners, but I'll post pics of my boxes and boxes of EU novels if you like :p

11. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    The Genosians had the first Death Star (DS1) plans, during episode 2 AOTC, which was/happened about ten years after episode 1 TPM (the phantom Menace)......

I never claimed to be an expert, besides, I'm am just using logic here, there's is no point in arguing or being rude with me........

12. Yunners

Mar 30, 2006
    Lawl no. I was bashing out that post before you posted yours. [face_laugh]

Random Comments and DarthBoba like this.
  13. tsunami1138

tsunami1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    Lulz. Yes, it was. Plagueis and Sidious discussed it together. Plans went through numerous designers before enhancement in the Geonosian weapons factories. That's why you see the design, fully formed, in the hands of Archduke Poggle the Lesser at the commencement of the Battle of Geonosis.

14. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    And their hologram shows a death star that's complete. They'd clearly been planning it for some time. And since you acknowledge the EU is canon now, the EU shows that the Death Star has been under development since just after TPM, per Rogue Planet.

Yunners likes this.
  15. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003

and yavin 4 .

Do you really not understand what the Rebellion was for ?

16. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    Huh? They
    Ok. When was the last time you watched ANH? They said they would have tested out the Death Star on a populated planet (any populated planet) REGARDLESS, to demonstrate their power and to finally give the Emperor fuller control of the galaxy. And no, the Death Star which has been in the works since before ATOC was not made soley to spite a young princess who hadn't been born yet. And why do you insist on referring to Leia as a "traitor/criminal/terrorist/revolutionary" in every one of your posts? I thought in the "Empire=bad?" thread you were just posing an open minded question for discussion, but it's becoming more obvious you're just a troll.

17. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Let's simmer down, shall we. :)

18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Going back to the thread title - why the Empire hates nonhumans.

Reasons may include:

Because it was the answer authors came up with, as to why only humans appear on the Death Star and Star Destroyers. The early Star Wars Poster Monthly magazines also comment on absence of aliens- and suggest that this may be the answer.

In-universe, possible reasons include:

Prejudiced people like Tarkin rose rapidly, and started imposing those prejudices on Imperial policy.
    The Clone Wars (with the Separatist factions being mostly alien) resulted in a backlash in attitudes among the people of the Empire.

19. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    No coincidence in-universe that the entire Sep Council was aliens, per the ROTS novel.

20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Yes- wasn't that all part of Palpatine's & Dooku's plan for after the war?

21. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2012
    Umm, Lord Tyrannus, Alderaan wasn't the only planet that the bad guys destroyed.. If you've ever read the EU, you'll find out that Despayre was a destroyed planet too. It was a prison planet, destroyed just for the sake of testing out the DS1- a new Imperial product. Lots of people/aliens died in it's annihilation. Isn't that evil? It had nothing to do with defeating the rebels, duh?

Two innocent planets were destroyed. What a nice jolly happy government ( sarcasm). If that aint evil, then I don't know what evil is..

Also, just because most people in the galaxy were happy, that is meaningless and beyond ridiclous, because, what about the others? Obviosuly some are affected, some aren't. Not everybody was effected by Joseph Stalin, right? You see how lame that pro-galactic empre argument is?

However, Yavin IV's attempted destruction was horrible too, despite the fact that it had rebels, who were basically wartime armed military enemies and a military target in it. Destroying a planet isn't just destroying the people on it, it's destroying the entire ecosystem and wildlife. Now, I'm not a big enviormentalist, but that sounds pretty evil to me. However, also, if the rebels never existed, Yavin IV would never have been attempted to be destroyed by the empire. It was the rebel's fault that Yavin IV was almost destroyed, I'll give you credit on that. Yavin IV doesn't count, the other two do. In war people die, get over it.

Besides, with or without the Expanded Universe, every well-researched Star Wars fan knows well that the Death Stars were being built way long before the Rebel Alliance ever existed, so, doesn't that give you a clue right there, Lord Tyrannus?

Regardless of Yavin IV and the 2 other planets that the imperial actually did suceeded in destroying with the first death star, have you ever watched ROTJ?

The Emperor Palpatine, aka Darth Sidious, was planning on using the Second Death Star to destroy the rebels, in the war, he mentioned it during when he had Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader on the second death star, remember that very long scene? The three of them together? Yep.

He wanted to use the second death star to annihilate and destroy the rebel fleet and and to defeat the rebel alliance. The second death star was a wartime weapon used against military targets, armed rebel enemies, war is terrible hell, people die, nothing that he intended to do was any worse than what so-and-so army/faction in history ever did. The DS1 was in construction long before the Rebellion Alliance had ever existed, the DS2, no, it was a tool to defeat the rebels.

Nothing in the Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi had ever hinted that the imperials wanted to destroy more planets with their second death star, only the rebel alliance, who were an armed faction in a war. Have you ever watched those movies, I don't just mean you, but anybody else who is reading my post on this thread? No plans to destroy Coruscant, tattoine, coreilla, naboo, genoiss, bespin, cloud city, or whatever other random planet (s) in the galaxy... We aren't even told why the planets would be destroyed, the specific reasons weren't spelled out, or how many.

When Darth Vader asked Luke Skywalker to join him and rule the galaxy together, he never once said “Join me Luke, and together we can destroy planet x and planet y for so-and-so reason”, nor did luke skywalker ever say “I'll never destroy planets with you”... Neither episode 5 or episode 6 mentioned what, IF ANY, planets, they were planning on destroying, it was totally irelevant to the story, George Lucas isn't a very good writer, super vague storyline writer...

If you check out the thread, “Would darth vader have used the death stars if he became the emperor”, other users have proved that Darth Vader was no fan of the Death Star, “Don't be too proud of this technological terror that you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignifcant compared to the power of the darkside of the Force”, or something along those lines..

Padme Amidala, his wife, refused to join him and rule the galaxy together with him even though she had no idea about the death stars, and even if she did, we all known that anakin skywalker was no fan of them.. He (meaning darth vader) would have been an enlightened despot/ruler, nothing terrible or horrible.

I found an article to quote from

This is the only part where I’ll probably refer to the EU at all, but there’s no way around it. EU sources estimate the galaxy at having about 20 millionsentient species in about 180 billion star systems. A rough estimate suggests about 100 quadrillion beings based upon those numbers. For some scope, that’s 100 with 15 zeroes afterwards. That is 14,618,800 times the population of earth.
    The population of Alderaan at the time of its destruction was about 1.97 billion people. Given the overall galactic population, the population of Alderaan was at the time a paltry .00000197% of the galactic populace. Let’s think of that destruction in terms of equivalent death of population here on earth. Out of about 6.8 billion people on Earth, killing a proportional amount would equal, get this, 135 human lives.

The Second Death Star. Is there a scale for this? I don't know. How many planets were worth saving in the galaxy? How many planets did the Galactic empire plan on destroying with the second death star, to be more specific? Hmm....

22. Chuck Norris

Nov 25, 2012
    Without the rebel's existence, Yavin 4 would have survived...

23. Yunners

Mar 30, 2006
    Millennia? Try decades. And even then it was only two. How long do you think people live for in Star Wars. [face_laugh]

24. Chuck Norris

Nov 25, 2012
    OK, read the post above that, it's a bit more detailed and an interesting arguement/discussion....

25. Yunners

Mar 30, 2006
    This may be a shot in the dark, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I note that your account was created today. By sheer coincidence a Chuck Norris obsessed guy was on the receiving end of a two week ban today too. Amazing, eh?

Random Comments likes this.