main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why post negative comments

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by inkswamp, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inkswamp

inkswamp Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    I don't know (or care, frankly) how this will be moderated here, but what the heck. Someone can lock it and gripe me out if necessary, but it seems a legitimate thing to say. I only hope this can be kept on a reasonable level so it achieves what I hope for.

So far, I've watched countless attempts to side-track discussions of the prequels with sneering, childish comments from those who dislike the films. Personally, I love them. I'm excited to the core of my being for ROTS and I feel sorry for those of you who view it as a "last hope" of the series. To me, it's going to be icing on the cake. To you, it has something to prove. To me, it's going to be like a celebration. To you, it's going to be a chore. I think I'm going to enjoy a lot more than you.

Are you unable to accept that premise, that someone might actually enjoy these films? Think about that for a bit.

And here's what I don't get. If you can't stand the prequels, view them as a lost hope, why even post in this forum? What compels some of you to post snotty comments about the films? I can't imagine wasting my time posting comments to a forum for something I dislike. Do you feel a need to ruin it for people who have a different point of view than you? Can you not get through your daily life knowing that someone out there might actually enjoy something you don't?

And if it's not obvious enough, I'm hoping less for responses and more that some of you will consider this and maybe refrain from giving in to the childish temptation to post snotty comments to the discussions. Many of us like the prequels. Your dislike of them doesn't invalidate the opinion of others and doesn't give you carte blanche to post snide comments and smart-alecky insults about the films.

Honestly, we heard you. You don't like the films. We got it. You would have done x or y differently and Lucas has lost his touch and the effects are overdone and nothing was edited right and the acting is weak and the lightsaber battles are lame and death to Jar-jar and yadda yadda yadda. We've heard it. We're heard it over and over again. You made your point. It's time to move on and leave the discussions to people who enjoyed the films.

Is that really asking too much? If you think so, you might want to take a few moments to consider why that might be.

Strilo edit: We discuss the films here not the fans. If we limit discussion to only those who liked the films, then things would get pretty boring pretty quick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.