main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why Prequel Trilogy isn't as good as it should have been

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by GodlikeEnigma, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GodlikeEnigma

GodlikeEnigma Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2005
    Anakin Skywalker - Acting choices, the kid who played him in TPM wa to kiddish. Hayden couldn't act in AOTC, but its looking like hes improved for ROTS.

Jar Jar Binks - Jar Jar was a nesecary character, but their was just too much of him in THM, he should have been saved by Qui-Gon, took them to Otha Gunga, then be imprisoned and still been there when The Jedi return to Naboo and take them to 'The Secret Place'

Podracing - Interlinks with the Anakin Skywalker it was just too childish.

Wookies - There should be more Wookies in all three films.

Plot Twists - The entire story is too Linear, what made OT so great was the 'I am your father moment' (well that and a stormtrooper banging its head), it should have somthing like that

My Master Yoda - Obi Wan claims Yoda was his master in OT why couldn't he actually be the master.

Yoda fighting - He shouldn't have fought Dooku in AOTC, The sidious fight in ROTS is nesecarry, but he should have a much more, passive strength character as opposed to fighting at every oppertunity.

Strilo edit: Please use the What went wrong... threads for this.

2. Wester547

Wester547 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    If there was no Yoda vs Dooku duel in AOTC, what would have been the standout duel? It would have blowed. People had been waiting to see Yoda in action for ages....

3. DarthRhyno

DarthRhyno Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2005
    People didn't like Jake Lloyd because he was too childish. He was the child version of Anikin. People didn't like Hayden Christiansen because he was whiney and imature. He was teenage version of Anikin. That's how they were supposed to act. How did you act when you were a child? Like a child. How did you act when you were a teenager? Maybe you weren't whiney but I'm sure you were immature. Anikin is whiney because he is an only child who lives off of attention and compliments. He was told he was going to be a great Jedi and then was held back. So yeah he whined about it. I think George got exactly what he wanted out of the both of them. He wanted to show that Anikin, one of the baddest Jedi that ever lived, once was a kid and grew up like anyone else. So yeah we had to go through these past 2 movies with a childish, whiney, immature brat, but hopefully in the finale we'll see the Anikin/Vader that we all know and love. I don't think George will let us down.

4. Obi1_Shinobi

Obi1_Shinobi Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2005
    I actually agree with the point about jar jar. The movie would have been a bore without him but Lucas had to go for the other extreme. Put him in practically every scene.

Although I thought the yoda fight was great, I don't know how a star wars fan could not have enjoyed it.

5. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Yeah, more Wookies would make the PT awesome. We should have seen Han and Lando playing together in pre-school as well. More nudity would have been better, along with a gruesome torture scene involving.........whatever.

There was ONE plot twist in the OT, and I'm sure if we applied ourselves we could find one plot twist in the PT. How 'bout the fact that the Stormtroppers used to be the good guys? I was pretty surpised by this.

Someone needs to give me one good reason why Yoda shouldn't use his lightsaber. He is a Jedi. Jedi fight with lightsabers. It shows us that Jedi are warriors first and formost, which I love. If he hadn't people would complain about the lack of lightsaber action in ATOC. Yoda never claimed to be Obi-Wan's master. Obi-Wan referred to him as the "jedi master who instructed me," the rest of the sentence is "before I was taken as Qui-Gon's apprentice."

The podrace was the one of the best sequences in the whole Saga. GL put it in 'cause he is a car guy. If it is good enough for Ben-Hur than it is good enough for SW.

I could go on, but I don't want to just re-hash stuff I've written in the MILLION OTHER THREADS JUST LIKE THIS ONE! How 'bout the "what went wrong with TPM thread" which is still active?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.