main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why Qui-gon didn't disappear

Discussion in 'Archive: Philippines' started by Luke_Groundrunner, May 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke_Groundrunner

Luke_Groundrunner Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2003
    i think kase he wasn't relaxed, Obi-wan meditated and yoda died of old age .plus anakin finally conquered the dark side and went back to the light.

2. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002

There are a lot of possibilities. My take on it is that both Yoda and Obi-wan were ready to die and be one with the Force. But Qui-Gon really wasn't. He had unfinished business, and an important business at that: training the Chosen One. And I think he was taken by surprise, being struck down by a Sith... :)

3. StompboXX

StompboXX Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    I just dont get the difference between Qui-gon not disappearing yet manifesting himself as a voice compared to the disappear-now-return-as-a-ghost-later thing.

GL better make it clear come Episode 3. Can't wait.

4. EmperorLeto

EmperorLeto Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2003
    maybe Quigon did disappear but the Council decided to put an effigy to keep with burial practices.

OR

He turned to the Dark Side just before the weapon touched him.

OR

He will be disappearing in an enhanced copy coming out on DVD.

5. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002

Some say that Qui-Gon not disappearing is tied up with Yoda hearing his voice in AOTC when Anakin was on his slaughtering rampage. Apparently, this will be explained in Ep3. Or so the "Ask The Jedi Council" section of the Official Site said before. I hope GL does, because it's really an interesting aspect of the prequels.

About the effigy thing, it is possible. Like what happened in ROTJ. Anakin Skywalker disappeared too, and what was left was Vader's armor for Luke to use for the burial rites. But most likely it was really Qui-Gon's body... or there would have been some weird reaction from Obi-Wan... he would have freaked out if Qui-Gon suddenly disappeared in his arms. But you never know. GL is always full of surprises. :)

6. StompboXX

StompboXX Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Qui Gon didnt disappear because Obi-Wan kissed him.

Labo. hahaha.

7. hat_tr1ck

hat_tr1ck Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    Does that mean Qui-Gon was so disturbed in the afterlife after that kiss, he clearly wasn't one with the Force? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.