Austin,TX Why rebelscum.com is better than sirstevesguide.com?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Kimbote, Aug 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimbote Jedi Knight

star 1
    This is sort of a followup to a running conversation that Anne and I have been having.

Why is rebelscum.com better than sirstevesguide.com?

Because while I'm reading the front page of rebelscum, I don't have a stupid Galidor flash ad pop up right in the middle of my screen!!!

BTW - this is not an attack on Anne by any means. But if Steve or the owner of the websites's business model is listening ... take note.
  2. Grendelbob Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would have to agree with the aryan here...

as someone who uses the web for commerce, research, work, and pretty much anything else, pop-ups of any kind are distracting, annoying and bothersome. I find myself less likely to visit any site with these ads. I know I don't want a freakin' X10 camera, I don't need 100's more pop-ups to try to convince me. whatever happened to well balanced sponsorship ads in the same window?

3. ObiJuan70 Force Ghost

star 3
    Granted Pop-up ads can indeed be a pain in the arse . . .

But my personal perference is Still Sir Steve's Guide. I met a bunch of new people on the Classifieds back when I used to trade/sell collectibles and I've always found it to be a litte more user friendly.

Just my two cents . . .

Take Care Friends

John
  4. britt1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    If you want to stop the pop-ups try this:
    http://www.panicware.com/popupstopper.html
    It works great and is free!
  5. neumera Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hope you don't mind, but I forwarded your concerns to Steve. He said that there is a thread on his site that discusses the matter. Have a looksy:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13212&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

-Anne
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.