main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Why Should I...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mortimer Snerd, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    Do it all so you can make informed judgements.

Also, leave an 'e' in 'judgement' despite what spellcheck says. Spellcheck is stupid.

2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Correct. It is a great read with the only drawback is that "Dracula" slows down in chapter five, but it starts to come around again.

Right. As noted by Jabbadabbado, it was ripped off quite a bit, but it still is a great piece of work. And it is fascinating to see a shoe string budget film that actually works. Gives you a strong appreciation for the work that independent cinema can produce.

3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    What I'll never understand is why Carpenter set the film in Illinois, as opposed to here in California, where it was shot; could have avoided all those errors of mountains in the background (when Loomis is on the phone near the train tracks), and the random palm trees & California license plates in the background of other shots. :p

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  4. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Cinnabon, Catcher in the Rye, raisin cookies, catfish.

Everything else I either have no opinion on or don't recommend.

Depends which Avatar.

Facebook is good to chat with old friends and family, otherwise...eh.

Lady Gaga has some pretty damn good music, IMO. Not all of it is just overplayed pop music. Especially Cheek to Cheek and her acoustic versions.

Minecraft is surprisingly fun...for 20-30 minutes, maybe. It all depends how patient and dedicated you are to it.

Skip the last one unless you're doing a historical reenactment.

TryWhistlingThis likes this.
  5. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    Chappie: skip. Halloween: must watch. Boyhood: must watch.

Koran: read if you're interested in the religion. The Catcher in the Rye: read because it's a ******* masterpiece. As for the dumbass vampire books, I guess it depends on which one. Twilight is worth a shot if you want to make fun of it!

Oatmeal raisin cookies were sent by the gods. Also the ones made by little Debbie with the creme...oh yes. Cinnebons are okay but they're not worth the price. I don't have experience with catfish despite my rural roots.

Oh God, not the Shymalan film!
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Halloween may be considered slow paced or not scary now, but considering the slasher trend it helped nurture it's worth seeing. It's never been among my favorite John Carpenter films, yet I can appreciate it for what it is, especially when it comes to character and story. You really do care about a lot of the characters and Donald Pleasance's performance really makes this your time though. His urgency and fear helps sell just how dire the situation is. There are points which remain extremely creepy and Jamie Lee Curtis is terrific too.

Cinnabons well they are uber-sugar bombs. If you like Cinnamon rolls they are worth trying once. The only time I went on a Cinnabon binge was when they added cherries to the original cinnabon.

7. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    boyhood wasn't perfect, and it's not as good as some of Linklater's other stuff, but it was still pretty damn good, and far better than most Hollywood crap. go watch it