main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why should Lucas care about AOTC (prequel) detractors?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Go-Mer-Tonic, Sep 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    If we don't care about what George Lucas wants the prequels to be, why should he care what we want them to be?

2. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    This topic is Basher food.

3. DrEvazan

DrEvazan Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 19, 2002
    troll much?

4. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Lucas is just lucky enough to actually make movies for himself instead of catering to the public. Most people would die for that opportunity.

5. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    This could be a good topic, but... it just won't happen like that. We need mature discussion.

6. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    I want a mature answer to my question.

7. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    He isn't making movies for himself; he's making movies for the general public. They are his vision, so sure, it is part of making films for fun. He's stated thousands of times that making movies is his life and he loves doing it. That's what I admire about Lucas. He don't take no crap from no one, and in my eyes, that is the biggest problem with Hollywood.

8. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    If he were making it for the general public he would've made sequels not prequels.

9. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Go-Mer-Tonic:

I'm glad Lucas doesn't care what we think. If he did, and let all the fanboys tell him what they think, Episode II would have been a 2.5 hour Sith VS Jedi lightsaber fight with clones of Darth Maul and clones of Mandalores.

If he were making it for the general public he would've made sequels not prequels.

If he made the films for himself, they wouldn't be shown in theaters.

10. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    Right, I am wondering why the people who would say Lucas messed it all up think he would care what they want, if they don't care about what he wants.

11. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I couldn't imagine a Star Wars movie made by fans... that would be the epitome of $#!T.

12. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    Now Pooja, don't go getting my thread locked.

13. Darth_groucho

Darth_groucho Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2002
    Go-Mer loves his gusher, basher wars.

14. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Eh, people post cursing all the times in all other threads, and they aren't locked...

15. DrEvazan

DrEvazan Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 19, 2002
    come watch the gushers fight each other!

hahahaha

16. Darth_groucho

Darth_groucho Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2002
    This thread is doomed anyhow. Curse away.

17. Punisher

Punisher Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 1998
    So I guess you guys don't dig fan movies? :confused:

Why should Lucas's detractors care about what Lucas's defenders think? ;)

He says he makes movies for himself and that he's not into it to make money, but time and again comments are made that make those statements look false...

I'm sure that there are those (on faster internet connections) that are willing to post such statements...

18. Vonn

Vonn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    Pooja, that kind of thinking will make this thread the first.

But also, Pooja, George does make these movies for himself, but he releases them to theaters so that he continue making films for himself off of the profit (if any).

Just because he needs to finance his next film doesn't mean he's tailoring each one for the general public.

19. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    Oh no-a, Gomer, not again. Yousa in deep doo doo dis time!

20. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    Why? It's a fair question. I am not trying to question anyone's fandom, I am not trying to question anyone's intelligence.

I am just wondering why George should even care about the people who are telling him he is messing everything up.

Does anyone have a compelling reason?

21. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Pooja, that kind of thinking will make this thread the first.

But also, Pooja, George does make these movies for himself, but he releases them to theaters so that he continue making films for himself off of the profit (if any).

Just because he needs to finance his next film doesn't mean he's tailoring each one for the general public.

Okay so, if Lucas isn't as passionate with this story as he was with the OT (as bashers say), why is he making them for himself?

By the way, I never intended to go on a cursing spree. That's all I was going to say, and heck I didn't even use letters except one. ;)

22. Punisher

Punisher Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 1998
    He started it, he might as well finish it. How many time have you read comments from Lucas that he didn't care what the public thought, but at least it's finished.

I think he should care because there have been good arguments against some of the stuff he's done.... of course, he WOULDN'T ADMIT to it if he did.

"When a thead is getting dull.. you must lock it..." Ah, Devo....

23. The_Abstract

The_Abstract Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    I don't see how anyone can say that Lucas is not as passionate about Star Wars when he devotes 10 years of his life too it. He's just a mellow California dude in a flannel.

And if Sam MuthaFunkin' Jackson says he's cool, he's cool.

I want someone here to stand up and say Sam Jackson is wrong. Go ahead, come on.

24. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    He cared to leave Jar Jar and Midis out and put more humour in AOTC for them.

25. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    Actually, they are still in there, and there was plenty of humor in TPM as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.