main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidWest Why should people go see AOTC?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jonnyb0987, Dec 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonnyb0987

jonnyb0987 Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2001
    I am a student of the University of Illinois and in a speech class a student is giving a speech on why you SHOULDN'T go see AOTC and I am going to ask him 3 questions trying to challenge his arguement.

His 3 main points are:
    1 it gives clones a bad name.
    2 it is just a marketing tool to sell merchandise.
    3 and your time/ money are better off put toward something else.

does anyone have any advice on what i could ask him to argue his topics? I am a starwars fan but I don't know much about the new movie. Any help will be much appreciated.
    -jonnyb

2. jfren484

jfren484 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2001
    Well, in debate, you would ask what his evidence is, since he can't have seen the movie yet. That would pretty much blow all three of his arguments (but especially #1 and #3) out of the water.

3. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I'm pretty spoilerfied, and while I can't talk about here, all indications are this will be a great Star Wars movie.

I'd ask him why is he singling out Star Wars? Every PG & G movie has merchandise tie ends. Harry Potter, LOTR, Monsters, Inc....I mean you can argue why see any movies at all. I'd hit him with the fact that Star Wars movies are geared towards kids while having something for everyone...it's just good family entertainment, regardless if you're a hardcore fan or not.

But yeah, make him show his evidence. Unless he's seen a rough cut, he has no real evidence. (The spoilers are pretty dead on, but for the sake of your class, you can deny them as rumors) ;)

4. jfren484

jfren484 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2001
    I have another one: ask him if it's as much a waste of time as listening to his speech!

5. Darthtrader

Darthtrader Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2001
    Remind him that Star Wars is science fiction not science fact and that after all
    it is a product of Hollywood.Wether you
    believe cloning is a good thing or a bad
    thing it is only a movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.