main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Why Snoke IS Darth Plagueis

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Formidious, Dec 19, 2015.

?

Do you think Snoke will be revealed as Darth Plagueis?

1. Yes

274 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

274 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    No, the point is that there will be no big reveal on screen as to Snoke's history and every few pages in this thread that has to be repeated.

2. Norminator

Norminator Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2009
    It has to be repeated because nobody knows, Snoke being unknown is just as much guesswork as Snoke being jarjar. (serkis saying he's new doesn't mean much, could just be misdirection)
    Don't get me wrong, I HOPE he's new. I don't want him to be an old character, but IF he was an old character he'd have to be someone who makes a bigger impact than Ventress. (or plagueis, for that matter)

3. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Exactly.

Snoke as Plagueis requires no big reveal.

It's very simple. Plagueis is Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious' Master.

That must be incredibly enticing since in a very few lines in one scene you can outright connect everything together right from before TPM to the end of IX.

4. Source of the Dark Side

Source of the Dark Side Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2016
    New theory about Snoke being Tarkin... They just forget one thing. Andy Serkis already cofirmed Snoke was out off the Rebellion and Empire conflict. So his wounds aren't a result from that. Plus Snoke looks way older than Tarkin' and is very powerful in the Dark Side, confirmed by J.J. So Snoke - Tarkin': answer big NO!

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  5. RobbyV

RobbyV Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015

I agree. Heck I don't even need those clues. If you're standing on a space station that's been blown to smithereens, I don't think you end up in one piece and looking as good as Snoke did.

MeBeJedi and TheOneX_Eleazar like this.
  6. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Feb 26, 2014
    I think we can all agree that Snoke is not Tarkin.

7. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    So many new theories on Snokes identity. Would anyone actually like him to be just Snoke? [face_plain]

8. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Feb 26, 2014
    Snoke is just Snoke, for now. Just as the Emperor was just the Emperor and Darth Vader was just Darth Vader and Kylo Ren was just Kylo Ren until we learn otherwise.

V-2 and nld3 like this.
  9. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    Tarkin was a human, yes? That alone tells you how wrong this idea is. Just review what we actually know:

Snoke is not human.
    Snoke is a he.
    Snoke has been around a long time; at least long enough to witness the rise and fall of the Republic.
    Snoke is disappointed in Vader's inability to reject the light.
    Snoke's injuries happened long before the events in TFA. We don't know how long, but they are "long since healed"
    Snoke is powerful in the dark side
    Kylo Ren is not his first student
    He views Kylo as his masterpiece to sculpt; born a mix of the dark side and the light
    Snoke is definitely disturbed at the idea of Luke returning and bringing back/training any Jedi
    Leia and Han are both aware of Snoke, and aware that he converted Ben

Anything else?

lawton, Allana_Rey and V-2 like this.
  10. beetzello

beetzello Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 17, 2002
    Snoke would have to say "Rrrresistance" just like Tarkin said "Rrrebelion" in ANH.

run_luke_run and RobbyV like this.
  11. PrivateLife

PrivateLife Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2016
    He kinda has the build of the Grand Moff :/

12. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    I wonder who Snokes other Students were. I hope other Knights of Ren.

13. run_luke_run

Feb 18, 2004
    Or, you know, that Palpatine fellow... ;)

Allana_Rey likes this.
  14. Darth Formidious

Dec 19, 2015

The emperor was Darth Sidious and Palpatine. Darth Vader was Anakin Skywalker and Kylo Ren was once Ben Skywalker. It's all a matter of perspective. The most relevant to Snoke is the Emperor being Sidious and Palpatine. ;)

15. Darth Formidious

Dec 19, 2015
    Snoke is Abraham Lincoln. [face_plain]

[​IMG]

But in all seriousness... Lincoln was an inspiration into Snoke's portrayal. :D

All other theories are just banter, Snoke is Plagueis. :)

Allana_Rey and V-2 like this.
  16. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Abe was tall and had a head wound. However, as Jedi Master GW Bush would point out, that's George Washington in the photo.

V-2 and Darth Formidious like this.
  17. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Plagueis the Wise he's not. He's just Snoke the Bloke.

Darth Formidious likes this.
  18. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm simply facing reality of late. I am hoping Snoke is Plagueis, and to this day I've heard/seen nothing at all that directly debunks that theory.

BUT I believe I'd be just as fine if we find out he's NOT Plagueis-as long as he's something good. I'm not saying I expect him to be some other historical character that creates a thread of continuity through the saga (like Plagueis would), but I simply don't want to just not learn anything about his history at all, and it's all just left offscreen and unexplained. There's already so much unexplained. If they're going to have a character pulling the strings that comes off as so similar to Sidious, then I'd hope they give him at least SOME backstory in order to differentiate him from the villains behind the scenes that have come before...

19. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    It'll be impossible to prove or debunk. Not enough evidence. Thus speculation. Will we find out in 2017 or 2019? Hopefully, the former.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  20. Source of the Dark Side

Source of the Dark Side Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2016
    Directly from the book:

Seated on the raised platform that was the focus of the chamber was the blue-tinted holo of Supreme Leader Snoke. Tall and gaunt, he was humanoid but not human. The hood of the dark robe he wore was down, leaving visible a pink, pale face so aged it verged on translucence. Poorly reconstructed, the broken nose added to the asymmetry of the damaged visage. So did the position of the left eye, which was situated lower than the right. Beneath wispy gray eyebrows, they were a startling cobalt blue. Long sice healed over, old cuts and wounds marred the chin and forehead, the latter scar being particulary noteworthy.

Well, there you have it. Snoke can't be Tarkin since he is human... Theory closed!!!!!

21. Dareth

Dareth Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2015
    For me I will be fine either way. And anyone taking a actor's word on who they are or are not playing when its all supposed to be hush hush is a fool. Sorry its just the truth. Could Snoke be Plagy? Yes. Then again he might not be. But do you all really think that since they didn't reveal who he really is or where he really came from that Andy is going to be allowed to spoil whatever surprise they have coming for us? No. How many times has an actor said they are NOT playing a character that they really are? Also maybe they haven't even decided who Snoke really is. Like someone else said, they could be kinda making it up as they go....Either way anyone putting down anyone else over ideas they have about who he is or is not should probably just be banned. Just my 2 cents.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  22. thebee

thebee Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2016
    What if he found a way to cheat death, and stop himself from burning?

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  23. run_luke_run

Feb 18, 2004
    Vader is also human, so once again...

Wendig never reveals the species of The Operator. I'm hoping for more details about this mysterious entity in Life Debt.

24. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015
    After reading some of the Aftermath stuff and Snoke evidently having his eyes on Kylo Ren just a little while after Palpatine's death and with his aged/damaged body it would sure lead you to think its possibly Plagueis. Also the bit about him having trained others prior to Kylo Ren.

run_luke_run likes this.
  25. run_luke_run

Feb 18, 2004
    There is a moment in Aftermath when The Operator (I have returned the book to the library so I cannot get an exact quote) mentions to Rae Sloane that she is "his best and brightest student". It's at the end after all the chaos (Epilogue).

It certainly sounded like something Snoke would say, and reminded me a bit of his interaction with Kylo.

I'll say this. Had I read Aftermath before watching TFA, my first thought after seeing Snoke interact with Hux and Kylo would have been "Oh, so that's the Operator".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.