main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why so many intelligent species on Endor?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RogueWompRat, Feb 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Why are there so many intelligent species on Endor in the Ewok cartoon series and movies? We've got Ewoks, Duloks, Teeks, Yuzzem, Goraxes, Phlogs, Tulgah, and others. Maybe not all of them are native to the moon, like the Mauraders.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Teek wasn't a native I don't believe- he came with Noa I think.

3. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
  4. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    No, Teeks are native, the Illustrated Star Wars Universe says so.

5. Alabak

Alabak Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2001
    Probably just to make it a little more interesting.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I stand corrected ::)

7. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    the only listed ewoks and yuzzum in the essntial guide to alien species,i wish they had done teeks in it they are very cool.

8. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    There are plenty more than those mentioned--at least ten more from the animated show, the Grudakk from The Adventures of Teebo, and probably one for each of the fourteen Marvel Star comics based on the show.

One likely reason for this is that Endor is something of a desert island in space. Gravitational anomalies occasionally crash ships on the Endor moon, so some of Endor's intelligent species may come from offworld.

TC

9. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    I think this would make a good "Who's Who" article for Insider, don't you think?

10. IEatPoodoo

IEatPoodoo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    In the Ewok movies, did the Ewoks speak english or in Yub Yub? They spoke english in the cartoon... right?

11. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    They spoke Yub Yub for most of the Ewoks movies. There is one point when one of the kids teaches an Ewok a couple English words, but the vast majority of what they say is Yub Yub.

12. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Of course, the language in the cartoon was Ewokese, translated for the benefit of the viewers. Ewokese is actually a dialect from the Inner Zooma Region.

TC

13. Jedi of the West

Jedi of the West Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 1999
    Why shouldn't there be several intelligent species on Endor? There are several intelligent species here on planet Earth.

14. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    No. There's only one here on Earth. Humans.

Star Wars is Star Wars partly because of the interactions between all the odd alien species. Ewoks lack the technology to leave their little moon (planet?) and therefore it was kind of necessary to make a bunch of different species there.

Also, kids like big wierd things that talk. Whether it be trees or monsters or anything.

15. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Why shouldn't there be several intelligent species on Endor? There are several intelligent species here on planet Earth.

My thoughts precisley. Alright, so they all 'speak', but don't forget that animals on Earth have their own ways of communicating too. I think it's a little arrogant to assume we're the only intelligent life on the planet ;) We're just the most advanced, that's all. Anyway, I'm not going to start a debate on how advanced the Ewoks are :p

My main point being though, Endor is a forest moon/planet and so would be ideal for hosting all sorts of creatures - just like our woodland areas. Bear in mind that the 'lifeform readings' were massive for Dagobah too. It's just that Uncle George didn't deem to make two spin-off movies and a cartoon series and comic books about Dagobah ;)

B.
    {||||| ?||} -----------------------------

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.