main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why so quiet?

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Yoshee, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Dont worry Amber, hes bluffing
    No army he can muster will stand against me

You're quite safe

2. messicat_kenobi

messicat_kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    The same thing happened over at FFNSW, all these newbies showed up after RotS and so it was a hive of activity, and then it went quiet. Maybe the regulars scared them off, who knows? But I hear the same thing happened after TPM and AotC

3. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It just seems odd to me that someone would sign up to a messgae board just to talk about a movie just untill the movie comes out and then leave.

Its like the May 16th SW Marathon thread. We had a huge number of posters on that thread who were all trying to go to the Marathon. After the marathon almost all of them dissapeared. It seems they were only interested in seeing all 6 movies in a one-off event rather then talking about the movies a lot with many other fans.

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    After a quarter of a century, what is there still left to talk about?

5. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    :eek:

Theories, characters , new EU stuff, games, conventions etc

There's still so much for SW fans to do and talk about even after SW is over. Thats why its so great

6. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Lots of stuff! I like Trivial Pursuit night - gets all the SW geeks in the area in one room at the same time to see how much you really know about the saga!

And I like the idea that I can move onto any forum and meet new people around the world, such as the wonderful people here at FFUK. So lloking forward to meeting everyone next year.

7. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Some people are not into EU though ;)

Actually it is pretty common around the time of a movie release for things to pick up then go silent afterwards

8. JunoirVader

JunoirVader Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2004

Quarter of a century? Hehe, I've never looked at it like that.

Yosh: We've got plenty going on. The next meet is looking to be the Quasar meet, we're just deciding on dates, times, where, whos going etc.

WelshGuy: Go on, try it. See how far you get without something brutal happens to ya. See what we did to Yosh, and what we're currently doing with Raj?[face_mischief]

9. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Quasar? OMG, I haven't heard of that in Donkey's years! I think we still have one in Freo. Not a hundred percent sure. We have Zone 3, which is a laser game, that the WAFFERs have been to on a couple of occasions.

I hope we get to do some fun things when I'm over next year. I know I have like 12 months to wait, but I'm excited!

10. TK-6387

TK-6387 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2005
    Well, i dont live down south, but i will start posting here! Im sure you need to company! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.