main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Why so unfriendly?

Discussion in 'Community' started by El Kabong, Jan 25, 2014.

1. El Kabong

El Kabong Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 28, 1999
    So I go and start up a thread based on apparently is an unpopular opinion around here - get jumped on and called troll for it (even though we're nowhere near the actual definition of 'trolling' - I guess troll around here means "An opinion we dont agree with") and it gets deleted out from under me without so much as a by your leave.

When did the forums go so downhill, to be so hostile? Is it because I'm a intermittent poster (at best), that I'm not in some kind of inner circle? That I wasn't not toeing some kind of invisible party line?

Thing is, this used to be a fun place that wasn't so hostile to strangers and part-timers. I find that terribly sad. Ah well - I guess I'm done here. And yes, this is the point where you people cue up all the incredibly clever "Don't let the door hit you on the ass as you leave .GIFs."

You have fun with that.

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    It's 2014. Isn't it a bit late?

3. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    who are you

MrZAP and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I am not sure whether I should make fun of you for grammar and spelling and whining or agree with you.

5. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Don't worry, be happy.

Sent from my iPhone 5... take that, Wocky!

6. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    According to your profile history, you haven't posted a thread since last July, and that was in SWC. What are you talking about?

7. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    You know your old thread got merged and not deleted, right?

And that the bulk of Community doesn't browse Lit?

8. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I kind of browse Lit.

9. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, yeah, the intersection is nontrivial.

10. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    it's more of a "what's new" button for me.

11. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I browse Lit. I can also kinda see what they're saying it does seem if you don't follow majority views or perceived as such you are called out or picked on. It can be seen as unfriendly.

12. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    hmm, i don't know. i just assume everyone here is mentally challenged and conduct myself accordingly, in order to fit in.

13. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

Your thread got merged, not deleted. You can see your posts in the Disney Wars thread in Literature.

14. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I... what? I was hoping this was going to be a "the JCC is mean" thread. Instead it's a... "the SWC is mean" thread?

MrZAP likes this.
  15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Hi, a couple things to know about this board

It's the JCC and has always been this way. At least as long as I have frequented it and I didn't for prob the first 5 years after joining. Still weird, still fun and sometimes hostile. Again, it's the JCC. Those of us who have stuck around a while may have grown to know each other in ways we don't yet know you. Give us time. Post, play and don't ever take things serious here.

Oh and intermittent poster is now called a Quitbie... at least those of you with old register dates who only come back on occasion.

EDIT: it's not even us being complained about ????

Don't let the door...

16. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    If you want friendly and inane, never leave WNU.

17. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    where's harpua with the damn pillows

18. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    This thread is the equivalent of wearing a shirt that says 'ridicule me.'

19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Hi! I merged your thread, as my colleagues in this thread have noted.

A couple of tips:

I. Going to another board to complain is a little bit silly, since nobody knows what you're talking about.

II. Generally, it's better to PM a mod when you're concerned about mod actions, since we're the ones who can actually help you out.

III. This isn't North Korea, we don't feed people to dogs for not toeing a party line. And if we had a party line, I wish somebody would've told me because I had no idea.

20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I don't understand SWC is like JCC? Like an undead damned vampire the JCC has infected another board? Cloud City Cantina? Woodchuck races taun tauns? Peter Cushing Fan Club? Vessel name ideas?

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I've been here since 2000 and the JCC hasn't changed. Come in here with a sense of humor and a thick skin and it's a pretty awesome place. It's not a place for people who are unable or unwilling to laugh at themselves and let jabs roll off though.

In other forums I've seen unpopular opinions labelled as trolling, but it usually isn't the mods doing such labeling.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I'm gonna go get some fast food, eat it, fart a few times, then put on some coffee. I hope to come back to this thread for further elaboration.

23. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh, and one other thing. If you've had a thread disappear on you, chances are (like now) it's actually been merged. Check your own post history and you'll be able to find it; if it were actually deleted, you wouldn't see those posts.

24. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
  25. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Hey I've known this guy since like 1998, online. He used to post to an AOL SWRPG mailing list that I was a part of. So was Genghis12. Fun times.

Be nice to him. [face_beatup]