main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why Spider-Man is Better Than Star Wars: Take it for What it is

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by ST-TPM-ASF-TNE, Jun 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBFett

JBFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    DD,

I agree.

2. FatherVader

FatherVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2000
    Or you could go with $am Raimi....

Why not...

3. Jawa70

Jawa70 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    Pupkin, i own Bladerunner, i love it.everytime i put it on my wife leaves the room.Why is that? money has nothing to do with it, i agree.

She like AOTC though. BTW you didn't answer my Question, where was Spidermans massive fanbase in 1977 for that crappy version?

gotcha.

4. Rupert_Pupkin

Rupert_Pupkin Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2002
    The only thing that looks dated in Batman is the chopper effect. Everything else is as great as the day I saw it in theaters. btw, Batman had one of the best movie trailers I have ever seen.

5. JBFett

Feb 15, 2002
    I loved Batman.
    Its the best comic book movie ever made. SM does not have its quality to say the least.

6. Jawa70

May 18, 2002
    Pupkin, i own Bladerunner, i love it.everytime i put it on my wife leaves the room.Why is that? money has nothing to do with it, i agree it's a great film.

She like AOTC though. BTW you didn't answer my Question, where was Spidermans massive fanbase in 1977 for that crappy version?

gotcha.

7. Rupert_Pupkin

Mar 10, 2002
    hey jawa,

what do you think about the 2 disc special edition of Blade Runner coming out on DVD?

I dont hear anyone bashing Batman for not being faithful to its comic roots. Whys that? Spider-Man was sure as hell closer to the comic than Batman.

8. TheVioletBurns

TheVioletBurns Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    thenink,

That's hilarious. Yes it's a cheap shot, but I think it's obvious to anybody with half a brain that the critics are hugely divided on Star Wars.

BTW, I'm seeing that movie today, just because deep down inside I'm one of those 8-year-old I-love-horses-girls. [face_blush]

9. Jawa70

May 18, 2002
    i'm in Region2, i'll let you know if we get it.

10. Jawa70

May 18, 2002
    i hate Batman because it spelled the beginning of the end for Prince's career.BATDAAANCE!

bring back The Revolution!

11. JBFett

Feb 15, 2002
  12. Tedakin

Tedakin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2002
    Yeah I don't quite understand why the critics are making such an effort to tell everyone why they think Spider-man is better than Star Wars. Will they do this to any other movie coming out this year? Nope, just Star Wars cause for some strange reason they have a vendetta against it.

13. Rupert_Pupkin

Mar 10, 2002
    lol. i remember hearing the Prince Batman remix on radios when the movie was released. wow, i feel like downloading it now.

14. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    Wow this thread doubled in size in the two hours I've been gone. Really must have ruffled some feathers.

15. Dagobah_Dude

Dagobah_Dude Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    The only thing that looks dated in Batman is the chopper effect. Everything else is as great as the day I saw it in theaters.<<

I wasn't talking about f/x, I meant the general tone of the film; the Prince Music, the Batmobile, some of the pop culture references, the action scenes, etc. In 1989, no one was a bigger BATMAN fan than me. I saw that film in the theaters like thirty times, more than any other film. And I've watched the film on video-and now DVD-more times than I can count. Batman is my all time favorite character, and I still love the movie. But it is definitely dated, especially the action scenes. Keaton looks great in the suit when he's striking a static pose, but the costume is so immovable that the editing in the fight scenes just leaves a lot to be desired.
    >>btw, Batman had one of the best movie trailers I have ever seen. <<
    Yes, it did. Frankly, the BATMAN trailers remind me of those for TPM; there's no way the final film could live up to what the trailers promised. The BATMAN trailers are layered with action; the final film has three or four clunky action setpieces that are nothing compared to anything in any of the SW films. Still, I love the film, flaws and all, thanks to Nicholson, Keaton and the music of Danny Elfman.

But it still ain't nuthin' next to AOTC!;)

16. JBFett

Feb 15, 2002
    "the debate is over, Now we need that clone army"

17. Rupert_Pupkin

Mar 10, 2002
    vendetta? you cannot be serious. you really think the media gives a crap that much about Star Wars? Yeeeah right!!!!!

18. Rupert_Pupkin

Mar 10, 2002
    You have a problem about the Batmobile? It still kicks ass to this day! The Batmobile in Forever and B&R were complete jokes!

19. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    Rupert_Pumpkin, the media does. We have seen this all over over the past few years.

St

20. JBFett

Feb 15, 2002
    the original batmobile from 1 and 2 were great...i agree the others were embarassing.

but if you dont think the media has an agenda against star wars, then I dont know what to tell you.

You may fail to remember the reviews of the originals as well.

21. TheVioletBurns

TheVioletBurns Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Dude, the media eats up Star Wars every three years, just most of it isn't positive anymore. But that doesn't matter, since in my portion of 'the real world', many people loved Attack of the Clones, and if I can't have great discussions on here, I certainly can with them.

TVB.

22. Dagobah_Dude

Dagobah_Dude Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    You have a problem about the Batmobile? It still kicks ass to this day! <<

I didn't like the Batmobile in any of the films, sorry. I would have prefered something more like the comic book version.

And everything in FOREVER and B&R were jokes, those films destroyed the BATMAN franchise.

23. Darth-sennin

Darth-sennin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2001
    The Matrix was mentioned before as having interesting and original concepts. I just wanted to get off my chest that EVERY aspect of the matrix story was stolen from one of a hand full of Japaneese animated films. The Wiwhatever brothers even slightly owned up to it on the DVD, "we where heavily influenced by japaneese anime". Even the gunfight towards the end that everyone loved so much was ripped almost directly from an episode of the japaneese anime "Cowboy Bebop".

And to stay on topic, I enjoyed Spider-man ONLY because the previews and press photos led me to believe it would be the worst movie ever. I am a really big spidey fan, but the movie totally let me down. It only has one thing over star wars, acting. The story and CGI of SW was vastly superior but Tobey McGuire did have a better preformance than Hayden.

24. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    Besides, a Gap Commercial used the bullet time effect before The Matrix came out ;)

ST

25. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I just don't think that a bite could cause someones DNA to splice with someone elses. The description that the scientist gave said they were hybrid combinations of the best spiders? So why would combining the best spiders into one spider result in a human being bitten turning into a human with spiderlike characteristics? IT's like if you combined all the best features of the best breeds of dog and you were bitten by that dog would you become dog-man?

At least radiation has been theorized (and possibly known depending on your POV) to cause mutation, albeit in the 60's we knew much less about radiation than we do now. Just seems too simple with just having it be a bite from a hybrid spider.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.