main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Why Star Wars is better than LOTR (THATS RIGHT!)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Axia_Euxine, Jan 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    21. Heros, SW: Luke Skywalker, force user, pilot; LOTR: Short, shoeless, hairy Frodo looking worried all the time

20. SW: The Millenium Falcon, LOTR: A Horse

19. Unlike Gandalf, Obi-Wan does more than make rooms brighter

18. The force is the ultimate power, while the ring does little more than compliment a fancy outfit.

17. Star Wars: Chicks with blasters. LOTR: Chicks with swords. Who'd win at ten paces?

16. It takes half as much time to type "SW" than it takes to type "LOTR".

15. In Star Wars, Christopher Lee was beaten by an butt-kicking Jedi named Yoda. In LOTR, he was beaten by a slow-moving tree named.... oh, who cares what his name was. HE WAS A TREE, for crying out loud!!

14. George has better fashion sense than PJ. Mmm, flannel.

13. because lucas's filmic vision is an original construct, while jackson's is mere adaptation

12. Three words: Slave Girl Outfit

11. Luke's second cousin, twice removed (on his mothers side) didn't tag along and almost get every one killed

10. In LOTR, short guys with pointy ears run away like pansies at the sight of danger. In Star Wars, short guys with pointy ears KICK butt!!!!

9. There were no AT-AT's at Helm's Deep, were there? Hmmm?

8. Natalie Portman's abs

7. A sword can't melt through a blast door, much less the gate to the Mines of Moria

6. Thrill as an old man tries to figure out how to open an old door!

5. Hrmph. I did not see a SINGLE half-naked elf dancer ANYWHERE in Rivendell...

4. At least Star Wars has an actual villain, not some stupid burning eye sitting on top of a tower. (Ed: Really!)

3. When Luke left home, he got over it.

2. Taun We is hot. Yeah, you heard me.

And the number one reason why Star Wars is better than LOTR...

One word, Lightsabers.

(BTW anyone wishing to dispute this can meet me on the battlefield. I with my lightsaber, you with your quaint little sword. Or you with your big elephant...thing and I with my AT-AT, SQUISH!)

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    hear hear!

3. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I agree with you completely... well all except for number 2... taun we? thats kinda freaky...

4. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    LotR is a very small part of Tolkien. One of the things I really like about Tolkien is that he made up an entire world, down to the very languages, its creation, its history etc. I am a big fan of fantasy and I can really get into and enjoy Tolkien. I like Star Wars but I really enjoy reading everything about Middle Earth and I havent ever gotten into Star Wars EU much. The two are not made to interact, they are both great in there specific areas.

5. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    Enjoy

21. Heros, SW: Luke Skywalker, force user, pilot; LOTR: Short, shoeless, hairy Frodo looking worried all the time

Frodo is carrying the fate of ME with him, you would be a bit stressed if the fate of earth rested in your hands I bet

Not a good comparison since a spaceship would make no sense in Tolkien's world

Gandalf is a Maiar and is not a mortal. He has more powers then you will see if you only watch the movies.

18. The force is the ultimate power, while the ring does little more than compliment a fancy outfit.

Using you comparison, Eru would be the ultimate power in ME. He created everything.

17. Star Wars: Chicks with blasters. LOTR: Chicks with swords. Who'd win at ten paces?

That would depend on the situation. An elvish woman could easily kill a woman with a blaster if they are in a forest

That's why you use ME

15. In Star Wars, Christopher Lee was beaten by an butt-kicking Jedi named Yoda. In LOTR, he was beaten by a slow-moving tree named.... oh, who cares what his name was. HE WAS A TREE, for crying out loud!!

Actually Gandalf is the one who ultimately defeats Saruman. Gandalf breaks Saruman's staff and expells him from the order of the Istari, this is not in RotK.

Okay...

13. because lucas's filmic vision is an original construct, while jackson's is mere adaptation

Yes, Tolkien wrote LotR and should be the person you compare not Jackson. He brought ME to life and created every aspect of it.

That is a nice scene but doesn't do much for you argument :)

11. Luke's second cousin, twice removed (on his mothers side) didn't tag along and almost get every one killed

Both Merry and Pippin are important parts of the story. Without them the witchking will not be killed and Faramir will not be saved, to name only 2 things.

10. In LOTR, short guys with pointy ears run away like pansies at the sight of danger. In Star Wars, short guys with pointy ears KICK butt!!!!

Elves are so important in Tolkien's works that without them ME would not be. There whole race does an unmentionable number of great things.

That doesn't really help you since AT-AT wouldn't make much sense in ME. Just like Ents wouldn't make sense in SW.

8. Natalie Portman's abs

This really does nothing for your argument...

7. A sword can't melt through a blast door, much less the gate to the Mines of Moria

Once again a blast door wouldn't make sense in Tolkien's world. Like magically sealed doors wouldn't work in SW.

Han tries to open the bunker doors on Endor during the battle. Gandalf tries to open the doors to Moria by solving the riddle on the door. Both good in there own ways, one suspenseful and one intellectual.

Again, does nothing for your argument

4. At least Star Wars has an actual villain, not some stupid burning eye sitting on top of a tower. (Ed: Really!)

That would be the movie. I don't see the eye as a physical thing. Either way it is the 'eye' of Sauron and not Sauron himself. Sauron is a Maiar (like Gandalf) and is not mortal.

Luke also left behind nothing and only ended up leaving because he had nothing left, not because he wan

6. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    Ok you both put in some valid points here, but I am going to solve everything right here and now..

WHY SUPERMAN (the story, not just the man)IS BETTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE CREATED!

Frodo is carrying the fate of ME with him, you would be a bit stressed if the fate of earth rested in your hands I bet

Superman: Oh sure he is an alien, however he is also the greates human being ever. He has great powers that could defeat a Yoda or Gandalf any day

Superman can fly on his own, doesnt need the millenium falcon nor a horse nor a big elephant thing nor a swoop (I could keep going but I think you get the idea)

Gandalf is a Maiar and is not a mortal. He has more powers then you will see if you only watch the movies.

Superman:fly, heat vision, xray vision, freezing strong breath, speed, and I'm sure there are other thigns I can't think of right now cause its late

Using you comparison, Eru would be the ultimate power in ME. He created everything.

Since superman takes place in the real world that would make God the ultimate power, thus superceding the force and this Eru character.

That would depend on the situation. An elvish woman could easily kill a woman with a blaster if they are in a forest

ok this one isn't really compraable since all I could put here is "chicks with investigative skills", although I did come up with another idea.. one word... SUPERGIRL... she could take a blaster bolt and an arrow... then kill the crap out of hotties with blasters or bows

That's why you use ME

ok superman kinda loses it here since there is no abbriviation for this. However, Axia, if you spent the time to type all this out, it would strike me as odd that you would complain about the time it takes to add two more letters... and when you use ME it makes me laugh cause if you change the word to the actual word of me it makes for some funny sentences, kinda like theone above 'that's why you use me' hehee

Actually Gandalf is the one who ultimately defeats Saruman. Gandalf breaks Saruman's staff and expells him from the order of the Istari, this is not in RotK.

ok Christopher Lee is not in superman, so that is null and void for this part of my argument, er did I say argument, I meant discussion...

Okay...

yeah alright...

Yes, Tolkien wrote LotR and should be the person you compare not Jackson. He brought ME to life and created every aspect of it.

'he brought me to life and created every aspect of it' hehee there is that funny use of replacing ME with me... anyway, Superman is original too, but it takes place in todays times which makes it easier to relate to

That is a nice scene but doesn't do much for you argument

hmmm thats nice.... again i dont really h

7. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    First I will respond to the LOTR responce.

Anyone who would choose to carry Windows ME around with them is NOT a hero

I didn?t star this LOTR vs Star Wars nonsense, Im only joining in. So it is a perfectly good comparison. But, Ill bring it down a peg, SW Speederbikes, LOTR A Horse. Star Wars still wins!!

BUZZZZZ The Judges say that we ARE comparing the movies so Gandalf only makes rooms brighter.

BUZZZZZ Judges say we are only comparing movies which leaves you without your Eru dude.

With the uncanny accuracy of both Padme and Leia with blasters I?ll take my chances, not to mention if we aren?t in a forest we?ll be seeing some smoking blaster holes in some elvish bodies

That's why you use ME

NO ONE uses Windows ME

BUZZZZZ, Judges, blah, blah and it was a tree.

Okay...

Microsoft made Windows ME not Tolkien

That is a nice scene but doesn't do much for you argument

If you don?t think this doesn?t boost my argument by 1,000,000% we need to talk, from this point this response will re referred to the Slave Girl Outfit Response or SGOR for short

Both Merry and Pippin are important parts of the story. Without them the witchking will not be killed and Faramir will not be saved, to name only 2 things.

While this may be true Luke? brought Obi-wan, 3p0 and r2 with him. Not 2 bumbling cousins

Elves are so important in Tolkien's works that without them ME would not be. There whole race does an unmentionable number of great things.

Sam, you missed the word short here. They were comparing Yoda and Gollum, Yoda wins

That doesn't really help you since AT-AT wouldn't make much sense in ME. Just like Ents wouldn't make sense in SW.

I still win, walking Trees are severely outclassed by AT-ATs

8. Natalie Portman's abs

This really does nothing for yo

8. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    I'm not going to join the debate, but I would like to point out that Ewoks, with the use of tree logs, took out AT-STs so you really can't say that sentient trees wouldn't be able to take out AT-ATs.

9. cbielich

cbielich Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    Anyone who would choose to carry Windows ME around with them is NOT a hero

I second that

10. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    The Superman response

Superman: Oh sure he is an alien, however he is also the greates human being ever. He has great powers that could defeat a Yoda or Gandalf any day

Yes, but only on Earth, anywhere else and Suddenly Wald could kick his butt, Not to mention my firm belief that lightsaber would go clear through Superman, not to mention a holding Superman at bay with some Force TK and then a pinching of one of the blood vessels in his brain with the force (might take a bit but I bet it could be done) and The man of Steel becomes the worlds most powerful vegetable

Superman can fly on his own, doesnt need the millenium falcon nor a horse nor a big elephant thing nor a swoop (I could keep going but I think you get the idea)

Yes but again, only in the Sol system. But I will give you this point despite the fact that Force users can float, glide and jump large distances

Superman:fly, heat vision, xray vision, freezing strong breath, speed, and I'm sure there are other thigns I can't think of right now cause its late

Force users, Lighting, Speed, mind tricks, TK, Healing, Choke, Sense, Farseeing?.

Since superman takes place in the real world that would make God the ultimate power, thus superceding the force and this Eru character.

Im not gonna argue this; too many conflicting belief systems

ok this one isn't really compraable since all I could put here is "chicks with investigative skills", although I did come up with another idea.. one word... SUPERGIRL... she could take a blaster bolt and an arrow... then kill the crap out of hotties with blasters or bows

Again, only on Earth, otherwise Padme and Arwyn are gonna kick her but, not to mention the whole force scenario described with Supes above

That's why you use ME

ok superman kinda loses it here since there is no abbriviation for this. However, Axia, if you spent the time to type all this out, it would strike me as odd that you would complain about the time it takes to add two more letters... and when you use ME it makes me laugh cause if you change the word to the actual word of me it makes for some funny sentences, kinda like theone above 'that's why you use me' hehee

Actually I compiled this list off the net, while you both typed all your responces, I still win

ok Christopher Lee is not in superman, so that is null and void for this part of my argument, er did I say argument, I meant discussion...

Okay...

yeah alright...

13. because lucas's filmic vision is an original construct, wh

11. cbielich

cbielich Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    This is going to be a long board

12. Draaco

Draaco Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2004
    I would rather play SWG than watch either of those movies.

p.s. i will be a jedi, oh yes i will

13. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    I can see your not gonna use actual answers, so I am gonna stop. You sure sounded like Gollum with this one though:

THAT?S A FILTHY FILTHY LIE, nasty little LOTR fan tells us lies!

Edit:Superman is extremely boring in comparison to ME or SW, so I don't really need to respond to that one.

14. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    OH come on, I was just having some fun. We should keep this board going.

I did the Gollum thing on purpose. Of course lightsabers arent real. But if we use reality as an argument we all losse. Your standing there with a sword, I have a jedo outfit and my 40 pound Dooku replica and this other guy standing in Superman underoos and none of us wants that.

So to get this going again I thought of another reason why elves would still get moped up in the forest. Yes they can dodge things moving at arrow speed but, lasers move at the speed of light, so goodbye little Elfie

15. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    Ok, Well I said that because elves are stealthy, you wouldn't know where in the forest they are and then......STAB! your dead :)

Edit: We would just have to axe the superman guy first.

16. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    Just to put you both at ease, I was just messing with the Superman thing, I agree with axia it was fun. I was originally going to compare something else, but I decided on the Superman instead, however, I may just go and compare another thing, cause yay this is fun!

17. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    This is to show that a book series can beat out any Star Wars movie.

Three Kingdoms vs Star Wars

21. Heros, SW: Luke Skywalker, force user, pilot

Hero: Young man with the power to make any thought come to life.

20. SW: The Millenium Falcon

Not much can beat the Falcon

But the 'wizard' of this story can do almost anything with just a thought

Nothing beats the power of thought and imagination

Not many chicks introduced yet, but there are mention of three women that were able to cure a plague

Could be shortened to 3K, so its a tie.

No Chris Lee...yet

The thinktanks behind this story are incredibly fashionable in their own way, and bigger than both GL and PJ...unfortunately

3 fat guys with all original ideas, much cooler than 1 fat guy with an original idea

Slavery is bad

No cousins to get in the way here either

No pointy ears here

Any AT-AT would be imploded very easily by any of the main characters

8. Natalie Portman's abs

Nothing to say here

but with a thought, the door was no longer closed

The old man in this story can do just about anything and wouldn't have to worry about a door

Not an issue as there were none in SW either

Very real very powerful villian who becomes the ruler of the entire continent, but is he the only villain?

Main char does leave home and doesn't really have anything to get over since his parents have been dead a while

2. Taun We is hot. Yeah, you heard me.

I plead the 5th

And the number one reason why Star Wars is better than LOTR...

One word, Lightsabers.

Lightsabers wouldn't do much good at all against a Blackrock weapon. In fact anything energy based would just be a waste of time to the 'old man' who is a master of science.

I know none of you may know what I'm talking about, but Darkstar and Inaen I'm sure can agree with me. Three Kingdoms is way better than any dinky Star Wars story.

18. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Well if I had ANY idea what the frell you were talking about I could respond.

Couple of thoughts though. Dont know what a Blackrock is but my lightsaber responce still stands, and if their no energy weapons I cant imagine its Sci-fi so Star Wars still wins.

And slavery is okay when we get the metal bikini.

19. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    hmm... yes... I agree wholeheartedly with you Gerson, 3k is better than SW or LOTR or ME... YES!!!!!

20. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    *sniff* *sniff*

Gerson.....i love you man......

21. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    For those os you smoking the crack please put the pipe down. How to tell if you are smoking crack. A statement like the following cam out of your mouth or was typed by your fingers.

"X is better than Star Wars." Where "X" is anything other than somethin else Star Wars. Everyone knows thats impossible. You kids today.

22. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Why ALIAS is better than everything:

HEROES: SYDNEY BRISTOW- BETTER THAN LEIA, ELF CHICKS, OR STUPID LOIS LANE. JACK BRISTOW WOULD PUT A BULLET IN ANY SW OR LOTR CHARACTER?S HEADS WITHOUT EVEN CRACKING A SMILE OR SHOWING EMOTION. HE WAS A MUCH BETTER FATHER THAN DUMB JOR-EL.

MERCURY MARAUDER. http://www.mercuryvehicles.com/vehicles/marauder/ ENOUGH SAID! PLUS WILL TIPPEN DROVE AN OLD SCHOOL BRONCO- THE COOLEST VEHICLE EVER MADE.

ONE WORD: MARSHALL.

MILO RAMBALDI INVENTED THE FORCE, AND RODE AN ERU. OR WAS IT AN EMU?

SYDNEY BRISTOW WITH A GLOCK. SYDNEY BRISTOW WITH AN H&K. SYDNEY BRISTOW WITH A SNIPER RIFLE. SYDNEY BRISTOW WITH A FLAME THROWER. SYDNEY BRISTOW BARE HANDED. SYDNEY BRISTOW WITH KRYPTONITE.

That's why you use ME

ALIAS SPELLS SALIVA IF YOU RESCRAMBLE THE LETTERS. SORT OF.

CHRISTOPHER LEE IS MILO RAMBALDI

Okay...

yeah alright...

JJ ABRAMS IS YOUNG, HIP AND HAS IMPECCABLE FASHION SENSE. AND IS NOT GROSSLY OVERWEIGHT

Yes, Tolkien wrote LotR and should be the person you compare not Jackson. He brought ME to

23. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    Possible Spoiler to the episode of Alias on Sunday, January 11....read with caution....

Ya know...that'd be pretty gross if Christopher Lee really was Rambaldi, because if you think about it...then Sydney would have almost been the mommy of Christopher Lee's kid....and that's just disgusting!!!

24. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    A reply WILL be coming, oh yes, it will.

25. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    First of all I would like to apologize to Sydney because Im going to have to rip up her show. Sorry Syd. Second Im gonna edit out the SW, LOTR and Supe responces before this thread blows up

Why ALIAS is better than everything:

21.HEROES: SYDNEY BRISTOW- BETTER THAN LEIA, ELF CHICKS, OR STUPID LOIS LANE. JACK BRISTOW WOULD PUT A BULLET IN ANY SW OR LOTR CHARACTER¡¦S HEADS WITHOUT EVEN CRACKING A SMILE OR SHOWING EMOTION. HE WAS A MUCH BETTER FATHER THAN DUMB JOR-EL.

Ummmm gonna have to agree with this one

20. MERCURY MARAUDER. http://www.mercuryvehicles.com/vehicles/marauder/ ENOUGH SAID! PLUS WILL TIPPEN DROVE AN OLD SCHOOL BRONCO- THE COOLEST VEHICLE EVER MADE.

No, The Millennium Falcon is waaaay cooler

19.ONE WORD: MARSHALL.

Everyone out of Superman, Star Wars and LOTR could kick his butt

18. MILO RAMBALDI INVENTED THE FORCE, AND RODE AN ERU. OR WAS IT AN EMU?

I saw no evidence of either and the force is cooler

17. SYDNEY BRISTOW WITH A GLOCK. SYDNEY BRISTOW WITH AN H&K. SYDNEY BRISTOW WITH A SNIPER RIFLE. SYDNEY BRISTOW WITH A FLAME THROWER. SYDNEY BRISTOW BARE HANDED. SYDNEY BRISTOW WITH KRYPTONITE.

Hmmm, gonna have to agree with this one too.

16.ALIAS SPELLS SALIVA IF YOU RESCRAMBLE THE LETTERS. SORT OF.

You realize this makes no sense and you totally lost this one ?º

15. CHRISTOPHER LEE IS MILO RAMBALDI

Ummmm, no he¡¦s not.

14.JJ ABRAMS IS YOUNG, HIP AND HAS IMPECCABLE FASHION SENSE. AND IS NOT GROSSLY OVERWEIGHT

George has waaaay more money, he wins!

13. ABRAMS IS THE ORIGINAL CREATIVE FORCE, AND THERE ARE 40 PLUS HOURS OF STUFF HERE, NOT JUST A FEW HOURS. BESIDES, THIS IS THE GENIUS THAT BROUGHT US FELICITY.

You know what you almost had a good point here and then you brought up Felicity with Genius in the same sentence. You sacrificed all points gained on this one and any you had acquired up to this point, sorry.

12. FOUR WORDS: SLOANE IN A BATHROBE. JK

Metal Bikini still wins

11. SYD¡¦S ONLY RELATIVES ARE HER DAD AND MOM. WHO WOULD EAT MERRY AND PIPPEN FOR BREAFAST MEAT.

True that

10.IN ALIAS, SHORT GUYS WITH POINTY EARS COME UP WITH REALLY COOL GADGETS, AND ARE HACKERS EXTRAORDINAIRE.

He has pointy ears?

9. GIANT FLOATING RED GLOBES, ANYONE?

Ummm no, since I always thought that scene looked really bad, AT-AT¡¦s still win

8. Natalie Portman's abs
    MARSHALLS ABS.

Natalie still wins, big time

7. C-4 CAN. AND SO CAN SYDNEY¡¦S LIPSTICK.

Opening doors with Lightsaber¡¦s is still cooler

6. MARSHALL LISTENS TO THE DOORS.

Ummm yeah

5. DID WE MENTION MARSHALL¡¦S ABS?

Yes, I believe we covered that

4. SLOANE IS THE ULTIMATE VILLAIN. ALL OTHER VILLAINS ATTEND HIS VILLAIN SCHOOL. THEY ARE ALL IN REMEDIAL VILLANY, WHILE SLOANE IS ON HIS THIRD VILLAIN DOCTORATE. THE STUPIDEST VILLAIN IN ALIAS COULD DEFEAT THE GREATEST HERO IN ANY OF YOUR UNIVERSES¡K. FOR INSTANCE, STEVEN HULATKI, THERE¡¦S A GUY THAT COULD EASILY THWART THE BIG FIERY EYE (FIRE EXTINGUISHER) OR WHATEVER¡K.

Vader could kick Sloane¡¦s butt!

3.WHEN SYDNEY LEFT HOME SHE FORGOT EVERYTHING FOR TWO YEARS- SHE DEALT WITH IT.

As all of you LOOOVE to point out, Sydney did not get over it, she cried about it.

2. NO ONE IN ALIAS HAS HOOVES.
    True, and Taun We is STILL HOT

IF TOLKIEN WERE FROM KRYPTON AND WEILDED A LIGHTSABER, HE WOULD STILL BE NO MATCH FOR ALIAS!!!

Lightsabers still make Star Wars cooler than Alias, now if Sydney had a lightsaber¡K.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.